BY PAUL MITCHELL #4 in Shampoo

Gently wash away impurities with Tea Tree Special Shampoo®. Great for all hair types, this invigorating cleanser leaves strands refreshingly clean and full of shine. Natural tea tree oil and peppermint soothe the scalp, while light notes of lavender leave hair smelling fresh.

WHAT IT DOES

Special ingredients and tea tree oil rid hair of impurities and leave hair full of vitality and luster.

HOW IT WORKS

Natural tea tree oil, peppermint and lavender invigorate the scalp and leave hair smelling great.

ADDED BONUS

The refreshing tingle wakes up weary hair and spirits.

FEATURES

• Paraben Free
  • Vegan
  • Color Safe

Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Special Shampoo

Start your review of Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Special Shampoo!

How would you rate this product?
Did you forget to choose a rating for your review?
  • "I don't have a dry scalp or anything and I know it does help for that but I just wanted to see what it can do for my normal hair." in 16 reviews
  • "She starts rubbing in this shampoo that smells amazingly minty and my scalp feels tingly." in 5 reviews
  • "My brother has a normal scalp and thick oily hair, and my best friend has a normal scalp and thin normal hair, and it works WONDERS for them too.There is no combination of hair type or texture this doesn't work well with." in 5 reviews
  • "It not only makes my hair feel great, it also smells great and I love the cooling feeling you get from the tea tree oil." in 3 reviews
Mariah L.
Fayetteville, NC
I love this shampoo! It gives a tingling feeling and leaves your scalp feeling fresh and clean! I truly believe it’s worth the price. All of my family uses it! However, I can’t use it regularly due to my super dry scalp. It doesn’t maintain my scalp from flaking and if my scalp is at its driest I’ll end up with cuts on my scalp and this shampoo with burn the heck out of it. If you don’t suffer from that problem than I would 100% suggest trying it!
Destanie M.
Oak Ridge
This product is awesome! I went to the salon my hairdresser used it to shampoo my hair and I fell in love with it! It makes my hair feel and smell good for a long time! When using this shampoo, the mint in it makes my head tingle and it feels very refreshing especially when I have a headache! Unfortunately, this shanties a bit pricey so I don’t like to buy it too often, but for someone who does not mind spending the extra money for it, I would definitely recommend it!
DJ o.
Cincinnati, Ohio
I love the scent and how clean my hair feels after using the Tea Tree thickening shampoo. I haven't seen a difference in the thickness of my hair or the number of hairs on my scalp. It gives a nice tingle and it suds beautifully, but it is on the expensive side.
Warren C.
Boynton Beach, FL
Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Special Shampoo has been a favorite of mine for many years.  When I started losing my hair, I panicked and starting using Rogaine and Nioxin shampoo, but the Nioxin dried my scalp out and made it unbearably itchy.  I went back to my fave - Paul Mitchell Tea Tree - and the tingling sensation from the tea tree oil and peppermint makes my scalp feel invigorated and alive.  It leaves your hair smelling great too!
Paiten R.
Deweyville
Amazing for a deep, clarifying clean! I use this about once a month to strip out any build up from other hair products I’ve used. It will strip hair color though, so if that’s a concern, you will want to skip this. However, I’ve also used this to fade my hair to a pastel color and it’s turned out beautifully. The smell is VERY STRONG and does linger. Your scalp will feel amazing and tingly so it’s worth it!
Katie S.
Charlton, MA
This shampoo is great to deep clean your scalp. With the pleasant smell of peppermint it also gives you that refreshing feeling on your scalp. This shampoo can be used daily. Out if any cooling/ deep cleaning shampoo this is my favorite! This shampoo also works really good to strip unwanted color out of your hair! This shampoo can be used by any adult. My bf and I both use it!
Alexis P.
Wheat Ridge, CO
Purchased at: ULTA
I live in a rather dry state, and my hair definitely feels the lack of moisture. I was curious about using tree oil in its regular form but didnt know how to use it correctly. This is the best invention ever. After just a few washes, my color treated hair became soft and luscious. Seriously, get this and use it. It's worth the pricetag and the trip to Ulta.
Tiffany S.
Tuscaloosa
Purchased at: ULTA
This shampoo is really great for dry scalp. I color my hair and use heat products. I also get very dry skin in the winter and it irritates my scalp. This shampoo really helps to soothe that irritation. The smell is a little strong but not off putting. Ulta usually has great deals on shampoo and this is one of them. Check it out!
Jourdan P.
Dallas, TX
Purchased at: ULTA
I really like how cleansing this shampoo is as well as the invigorating smell you get that is almost spa like and very stress relieving. However, it has really dried my hair out which created more frizz and unruly tangles. I do still like it but would make just use the shampoo coupled with a more moisturizing conditioner
Brandy T.
Pittsville, MD
I absolutely love this product. I love how it tingles on my scalp. It has a nice minty smell. I have tried the OGX® Teatree Mint Shampoo version and it tangled my hair really badly. Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Special Shampoo does not do this to my hair. I only need this in the winter when the air is dry. I will buy every winter to help dry scalp.
Jennifer R.
Where can you buy this? Does it smell like tea tree oil? Is it supposed to be used daily?
Chelsea L.
South Amboy, NJ
My hair is naturally oily, so I am looking for a product that cuts that down. Will this shampoo cut that down?
Tasia G.
Chandler, AZ
Does this shampoo help with dry, flaky scalp? And if so, how often would you recommend using it? Daily? Or maybe weekly along with my other shampoo and conditioner.
Jen B.
Is this shampoo alcohol and sulfate free?
Brittany K.
Grandville , MI
My scalp gets terribly itchy and dry in the summer time...will this product help with that issue?