BY PAUL MITCHELL #3 in Shampoo

WHAT IT DOES
Special ingredients and tea tree oil rid hair of impurities and leave hair full of vitality and luster.

HOW IT WORKS
Natural tea tree oil, peppermint and lavender invigorate the scalp and leave hair smelling great.

ADDED BONUS
The refreshing tingle wakes up weary hair and spirits.

• Does this hep with dandruff?3 Answers
  • How does this compare to other shampoos?1 Answers
  • Which one do you like teatree or lavender shampoo?Paul Mitchell T...2 Answers
Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Special Shampoo
  • "I don't have a dry scalp or anything and I know it does help for that but I just wanted to see what it can do for my normal hair." in 16 reviews
  • "She starts rubbing in this shampoo that smells amazingly minty and my scalp feels tingly." in 5 reviews
  • "My brother has a normal scalp and thick oily hair, and my best friend has a normal scalp and thin normal hair, and it works WONDERS for them too.There is no combination of hair type or texture this doesn't work well with." in 5 reviews
  • "It not only makes my hair feel great, it also smells great and I love the cooling feeling you get from the tea tree oil." in 3 reviews
Claire T.
This is my favorite shampoo, and I've been using it for months now. I suffer from extremely oily roots and dry ends, and this takes care of it.
My hairdresser suggested that I try this, and although I skeptical I decided to try it anyway. While washing my hair the first time I could actually feel the shampoo washing away all of the oil that was on my scalp, and it felt amazing. Another plus what that it smelled absolutely amazing.
After I dried my hair I noticed right away that it was much cleaner than it normally was, and my hair was not as limp as normal either. My hair dried better and it felt amazing. My roots were clean but the roots of my hair had not been overly dried either. The second day (when my hair normally turns into a grease monster) was amazing. My hair had little to no grease in it until the very end of the day, and I easily fixed that with a little bit of dry shampoo, and I could have gone a third day without washing if I had wanted too. This product really gets everything clean and keeps it clean, which is a problem with other products (hair is clean but doesn't stay clean).
Now I can wash my hair less often, which is a blessing since I used to have to do it very often to keep my hair looking clean. I highly recommend this.
Vanessa S.
I have used this product for over a year now. I bought it in hopes it would help clear up my dry scalp. I noticed, it irritated my scalp more, if I used it more than once per a week. I first started using it, I could feel tingling feeling, that strong minty fresh and clean feel. However, after continuously using it, that feel went away. It's a good product but I wouldn't buy it again. Partly do to the fact, I wasn't happy with the results, after washing with it many times. I felt like sometimes product would help my dry scalp alittle, other times it make it worse. It could be the tee tree oil aggravated my scalp. I noticed that my hair got greasy faster, when using this shampoo. One day at most, or else the hair looks greasy. I did like the consistency of the shampoo, a liquid base that lathers well. I found this shampoo worked best for me, When I alternated it between sulfate free shampoo and then switch off to this shampoo through out the week.
Brittany W.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I was on methotrexate, a lower dose of chemo for my rheumatoid arthritis and Lyme disease. I was losing hair so fast, I was having to clean out my shower drain after every shower. My brush needed to be clean every two weeks, and I was shedding like a cat. I didn't notice a difference in hair growth when using the Paul Mitchell tea tree line, but I only think that's because I was losing so much hair. I did find this to invigorate my scalp, and pleasant on the scalp with its cooling and tingling. It always left my hair so clean and healthy looking. I know this has helped many others with hair loss, so I'm sure there's a great possibility it'd work for you, if that's why you seek this product.
Tonia H.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Because Paul Mitchell does not test on animals they cant state on their bottles that this works for treating dandruff, they make sure to inform their stylists of that knowledge so that we can pass it on to our clients. This is incredible for dandruff!!! Very strong minty tea tree scent! Its VERY tingly, and will tingle anywhere it touches your skin, and the tingle will stay for a little bit even after your shower. It is very clarifying and for that reason its pretty hard on color treated hair. It will basically strip your color out and make it fade faster. If you have color treated hair and use this, once a week is all I recommend.
Jessi P.
Rogers, AR
Before using this shampoo for myself, I hated the way it smelled and swore up and down I'd never use a mint scented shampoo. I was worried the mint would dry out my hair. Boy was I wrong! I only wash my hair twice a week, so every three of four days. It cuts right through all of the oil and dry shampoo that got built up, leaving my hair silky smooth. My hair is also color treated (with bleach and color layered on top of each other through the past couple months) and this doesn't cause the color to fade. My hair is left moisturized and healthier than ever!
Austin S.
Melbourne, FL
I am very picky when it comes to my shampoo and conditioner... I did a lot of research on dandruff control and what else I could use other than Head&Shoulders. I found out that there is ingredients in this shampoo that fight dandruff! That was the major reason I love this shampoo because it actually did help rid me of my dandruff. The second reason I love this is because it contains peppermints and other minty smells that leave you feeling refreshed and calm. All-in-all this shampoo AND its companion conditioner is amazing.
Sonni W.
Grayson, LA
I recently tried this shampoo while getting my hair cut and had to have it! This shampoo smells great from the moment it leaves the bottle to the end of the day. I like to make sure my scalp gets really warm before lathering really good so it will tingle. I have really oily hair and this shampoo cleans really well and keeps my hair looking fresh at the end of the day. Although this one in particular is not meant for volume it helpsX I'm assuming because it cleans so well it makes the hair bouncy and shiny!
Elisa F.
Bakersfield, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love this shampoo! My mom's friend had given it to her because it adds extra volume, so I decided to try it since she doesn't like using it on her colored hair. I don't need extra volume and my hair is just naturally shiny and soft, but my hair does tend to get oily. While using it and after, my scalp has this tingly feeling and my hair simply feels clean compared to the Pantene, TRESemmé, and Garnier Fructis I switch between. It is expensive compared, but I love it and highly recommend it!
Katie E.
Blue Earth, MN
This product was recommended by our cosmetologist the last time my son had his hair cut. We were talking about back to school and one thing lead to another and all of a sudden we were on the topic of lice :( Now we've never had lice in our house and pray we never will but she recommended this shampoo to essentially "protect" us as lice do not like mint. Besides the protection factor, my son and I both love the smell and the tingly feeling it gives. Will continue to repurchase!
Kristin B.
Phoenix, AZ
I have dry scalp. Once or twice a week i use a tea tree shampoo and conditioner to help treat it. This shampoo works wonders. It has a minty smell and feels cooling when applied to the scalp. I use my fingers to really work it into the scalp. When used consistently it really helps with the dry scalp. I do notice if I use it to often it will dry out the ends of my hair and it is a little more expensive then drug store brands, but still a really good brand.
Jennifer R.
Where can you buy this? Does it smell like tea tree oil? Is it supposed to be used daily?
Chelsea L.
South Amboy, NJ
My hair is naturally oily, so I am looking for a product that cuts that down. Will this shampoo cut that down?
Tasia G.
Chandler, AZ
Does this shampoo help with dry, flaky scalp? And if so, how often would you recommend using it? Daily? Or maybe weekly along with my other shampoo and conditioner.
Alison M.
My hair is naturally curly, oily at the roots and i have dry splitting ends but my scalp is always dry and itchy. Right now i am using a head and shoulders shampoo for itchy scalp, it helps a bit but I'm looking for something better and that could possibly help with the oily roots as well. would this help me at all?
Brittany K.
Wyoming, MI
My scalp gets terribly itchy and dry in the summer time...will this product help with that issue?