BY PAUL MITCHELL #5 in Shampoo

WHAT IT DOES
Special ingredients and tea tree oil rid hair of impurities and leave hair full of vitality and luster.

HOW IT WORKS
Natural tea tree oil, peppermint and lavender invigorate the scalp and leave hair smelling great.

ADDED BONUS
The refreshing tingle wakes up weary hair and spirits.

• Does this hep with dandruff?3 Answers
  • How does this compare to other shampoos?1 Answers
  • Which one do you like teatree or lavender shampoo?Paul Mitchell T...2 Answers
Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Special Shampoo
  • "I don't have a dry scalp or anything and I know it does help for that but I just wanted to see what it can do for my normal hair." in 16 reviews
  • "She starts rubbing in this shampoo that smells amazingly minty and my scalp feels tingly." in 5 reviews
  • "My brother has a normal scalp and thick oily hair, and my best friend has a normal scalp and thin normal hair, and it works WONDERS for them too.There is no combination of hair type or texture this doesn't work well with." in 5 reviews
  • "It not only makes my hair feel great, it also smells great and I love the cooling feeling you get from the tea tree oil." in 3 reviews
Danny G.
Beauty Junkie Expert
so usually during the cold winter months my scalp tends to really dry out and cause some major flaking. I always use anything infused with tea tree oil to get rid of it, but by far this one is the best. Great scent. Not overpowering. Not harsh. In fact, my brother suffers the same problems as I do and I’ll be gifting this to him for the holidays! #GiftCrush #contest @Influenster
Alyse L.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is my partners favorite shampoo! He loves that it tingles his scalp and the fresh scent! It really does get his hair clean. He has a dry scalp though, and it does not help with that. He continues to ask me to buy this though, and he continues to use them up! I recommend this for someone who loves the scent of tea tree, and does not have very many hair needs or issues.
Kierstin B.
Audubon, PA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I would give it 5 out of 5 for smell alone, but I HAD to give it 3 stars. I was recommended this because I bleach my hair and was advised by my hair dresser that I needed a shampoo with Tea Tree oil in it and insisted this was a hard one to beat. She assured me it would be great for my hair inbetween washes with purple shampoo. I'm sorry but my ends have never been drier and my scalp was ridiculously oily when I woke up this morning. It was untamable and looked like I hadn't showered in days. May just be because of my hair type, which is fine, but I cant recommend this shampoo if you have oily, fine hair that is bleached. Great product, just not a great match for me.
Stephanie F.
Raleigh, NC
Beauty Junkie Expert
My hair dresser suggested this to me. They were having a sale like buy one get one free so I said, "why not?" My hair smells great when I use this, granted it doesn't smell flowery.. more like herbal scent but I don't mind. It actually relax me and kinda soothes me every time I use this in the shower. I feel luxurious whenever I lather it in my hair. One thing though, I kinda feel tingly and stingy specially when the shampoo gets too close in my eyes. Lol. But other than that, I like this shampoo!
Maria H.
Post baby I had many changes happen to my body; one among many was hair loss and awful scalp itching/burning and dandruff; problems that I never had before. I tried many OTC major brands that Walgreens and Target offered to no avail. One day I ended up at Ulta to find this product, and been using it since.

At first I thought that what I was enjoying was the fresh mentholated feeling that my scalp was getting, but I noticed that I could go 3 days without washing my hair without oil buildup or itching or burning sensations. It was working!!!
I recommend this product to anyone who may have scalp issues (tea tree oil seems to be one of the most popular products out there for scalp problems), whatever your reasons may be - before trying any antifungal treatments that need to be prescribed.
Zeyda G.
Oakland, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I bought this at Paul Mitchell and I loved it. I love the scent and the tingly feeling that it left me with. It did not leave my hair feeling soft but it made my scalp feel so much better, especially during the winter time when it gets itchy. I would recommend.
Hannah L.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I really love this shampoo. It smells great and feels amazing on your scalp. If you’re dealing with dryness then this will definitely help. The only issue with it is that there are sulfates and silicones in it. If this isn’t a problem for you then I’d recommend it.
Anne B.
Paragould, AR
Beauty Junkie Expert
Love love love this shampoo. The formula cleanses your scalp and hair, leaving them squeaky clean but not over dried. I love how once I get out of the shower and take the towel off my head that the tea tree leaves my scalp feeling cool and refreshed.
Josh V.
waldorf
This is one of my all time favorite shampoo’s! It is amazing for invigorating your scalp and it really relaxes you. I love the fresh mint scent as well. I love the conditioner as well! They both work wonders on my hair. Especially since I have longer, thicker hair. And I use a lot of pomade, gel, and hairspray, so my hair tends to absorb those things. So these products really help to get all of it out. A little pricey, but I think it’s totally worth it. 10/10 recommend.
Morgan H.
Green Bay, WI
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have extremely dry scalp that just seems to keep getting worse no matter what I do so after doing some internet searches I found this shampoo that many have claimed helped them. I have to say it did help a little but this isn't a shampoo I use every time I shower because for me it dries out my hair. About once a week I'm using it now and I have seen improvements with my scalp but not as much as I was hoping. However the smell is nice and the price is decent so that's a plus.
Jennifer R.
Where can you buy this? Does it smell like tea tree oil? Is it supposed to be used daily?
Chelsea L.
South Amboy , NJ
My hair is naturally oily, so I am looking for a product that cuts that down. Will this shampoo cut that down?
Tasia G.
Chandler, AZ
Does this shampoo help with dry, flaky scalp? And if so, how often would you recommend using it? Daily? Or maybe weekly along with my other shampoo and conditioner.
Alison M.
My hair is naturally curly, oily at the roots and i have dry splitting ends but my scalp is always dry and itchy. Right now i am using a head and shoulders shampoo for itchy scalp, it helps a bit but I'm looking for something better and that could possibly help with the oily roots as well. would this help me at all?
Brittany K.
Wyoming, MI
My scalp gets terribly itchy and dry in the summer time...will this product help with that issue?