BY PAUL MITCHELL #1 in Shampoo

WHAT IT DOES
Special ingredients and tea tree oil rid hair of impurities and leave hair full of vitality and luster.

HOW IT WORKS
Natural tea tree oil, peppermint and lavender invigorate the scalp and leave hair smelling great.

ADDED BONUS
The refreshing tingle wakes up weary hair and spirits.

Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Special Shampoo
  • "I don't have a dry scalp or anything and I know it does help for that but I just wanted to see what it can do for my normal hair." in 16 reviews
  • "My brother has a normal scalp and thick oily hair, and my best friend has a normal scalp and thin normal hair, and it works WONDERS for them too.There is no combination of hair type or texture this doesn't work well with." in 5 reviews
  • "She starts rubbing in this shampoo that smells amazingly minty and my scalp feels tingly." in 5 reviews
  • "It not only makes my hair feel great, it also smells great and I love the cooling feeling you get from the tea tree oil." in 3 reviews
Christine S.
Coachella, CA
It's a must!
Over the past couple of years I've been trying to find a shampoo that doesn't leave my long hair oily. I've tried plenty of products, but they never seem to wash out the oil and I am left with greasy hair after just a couple hours. After trying so many products, I was shocked when I finally found something that gave me good results. Although Paul Mitchell's Tea Tree Shampoo is fairly expensive, it's well worth every penny. Since the shampoo is minty, it smells great, but it also soothes your scalp as you wash with it. This shampoo is perfect for anyone with naturally oily hair. It not only keeps your hair shiny, but also adds a lot of volume to your hair, which helps when styling. You should definitely invest in this product because you will love the way your scalp feels as you wash, and your hair will not only be left shiny and clean for a long time, but also it will be soft and voluminous all day long.
Lori P.
Burr Ridge, IL
I got this shampoo because I saw that it was good for an oily scalp. The tea tree is nice because it leaves that minty feel on your scalp as you are washing. I think this does a great job of clarifying your hair on a daily basis from excess oil and hair products and isn't as harsh as the ones you use once a week. It leaves your hair feeling very clean and refreshed and is reasonably priced. It lathers very well and a little goes a long way (I can't stand sulfate-free shampoos because I have to use so much product to get the grease out of my hair since it doesn't lather). However, one thing that bothers me is that if the shampoo [inevitably] runs into your face while you are rinsing and gets anywhere near your eyes, you will feel that minty sensation on your eyeballs (kind of like the Rohto eyedrops if you've tried those)... so that can be a little weird. The other thing is that I found that this makes my hair incredibly frizzy. I have never had this problem with any other shampoo I've used before and I don't naturally have frizzy hair so it's a little weird. But if you heat style your hair afterwards, it's not an issue.
Allegra P.
Federal Way, WA
This shampoo feels so amazing ! I only wash my hair once a month with a sulfate shampoo to clarify and this is my absolute favorite . I struggle with a dry , flaky scalp and this helps so much and the tingle is my favorite part . It’s a pleasant , cooling sensation that leaves my scalp feeling super clean and fresh . I made my fiancé try it and he loves it too ! I took away a star because it is a sulfate shampoo and does dry out my hair a little , but that’s necessary for a deep clean . I just make sure to follow up with an ultra hydrating conditioner afterwards .
Ava B.
worthington
I SWEAR BY THIS SHAMPOO. I live for the smell, and it does wonders for my scalp. During the winter my scalp gets very dry and flaky, but this always fixes it. I will leave it in for 15 minutes while in the bath, and it will begin to really tingle and do it's magic. This is definitely a product I would not advise using everyday because your scalp will acclimate to it, thus not working as well as it can. Be warned, if you are someone that dyes their hair on a frequent basis, this will take out the color, which then I would not recommend using.
kelseyweisenberger W.
Trenton, OH
Love this brand, so of course I had to try out the tea tree line when it came out. The shampoo is great. It lathers very well. A little goes a long way. The scent is very strong but I expect that with any tea tree product. What I really liked about this product is that it felt like a cool tingle on my scalp when using it. I would definitely buy this again. The price is about what I would expect for this product, especially from this brand. Can normally always find it at Ulta!
Christianne S.
Brunswick, OH
I use this on my son hair. He has severe eczema and his scalp is awful. When he got his last haircut this was recommended and it has helped tremendously. He barely scratches his head at all after using this. Leaves hair squeaky clean but I have noticed it can be very drying so we only use it once a week. It does give a mild tingling sensation. The scent is very strong so if you have sensitivity to smells I would not recommend. Overall a great product for the price.
caitlin m.
Chicago , IL
This shampoo is awesome for cleaning all your product gunk off your strands without stripping your hair color or moisture. It’s like hitting reset on your hair, it’s super refreshing and my hair always feels brand new after using it. I don’t recommend for everyday use, my hair usually gets really greasy from overcleansing when I use this too often. I’ll usually use it about twice a week when I need to get all the dry shampoo out of my hair.
Lauren J.
Orlando
I noticed right away that my hair was much cleaner than it normally was, and my hair was not as limp as normal either. My hair dried soft. My roots were clean but the roots of my hair felt a little dry but still not overly dried either. . My hair had little to no grease in it until the very end of the 2nd day, and I easily fixed that with a little bit of dry shampoo, and I could have gone a third day without washing if I had wanted too. And It smells great and feels great!
Maggie K.
Westerville, OH
It tingles a lot, which feels really good in the summer. It takes a ton of shampoo and work to lather, though, which I don’t like for two reasons: one, at the price point, I don’t want to use up such a large amount of shampoo every time I shower; two, I don’t like tugging at my hair that much to get a lather. It just tangles it.

Also, I don’t think I could use this in the winter. I’d freeze!
Julie Y.
I started using this product because I read great reviews. The smell is very strong but definitely refreshing and invigorating. Like all other reviews, it does provide tingly and cooling sensations on the scalp. After a week of daily use, I noticed my hair start to fall out more then normal. My ends were dry and my scalp was more oily by the end of the day then normal. I love the product, but it is definitely not for everyday use. The conditioner is not as moisturizing as most conditioners. I am currently deep conditioning my hair as I type to rehydrate my hair.
Jennifer R.
Where can you buy this? Does it smell like tea tree oil? Is it supposed to be used daily?
Chelsea L.
South Amboy , NJ
My hair is naturally oily, so I am looking for a product that cuts that down. Will this shampoo cut that down?
Tasia G.
Chandler, AZ
Does this shampoo help with dry, flaky scalp? And if so, how often would you recommend using it? Daily? Or maybe weekly along with my other shampoo and conditioner.
Alison M.
My hair is naturally curly, oily at the roots and i have dry splitting ends but my scalp is always dry and itchy. Right now i am using a head and shoulders shampoo for itchy scalp, it helps a bit but I'm looking for something better and that could possibly help with the oily roots as well. would this help me at all?
Brittany K.
Wyoming, MI
My scalp gets terribly itchy and dry in the summer time...will this product help with that issue?