BY PAUL MITCHELL #2 in Shampoo

Gently wash away impurities with Tea Tree Special Shampoo®. Great for all hair types, this invigorating cleanser leaves strands refreshingly clean and full of shine. Natural tea tree oil and peppermint soothe the scalp, while light notes of lavender leave hair smelling fresh.

WHAT IT DOES

Special ingredients and tea tree oil rid hair of impurities and leave hair full of vitality and luster.

HOW IT WORKS

Natural tea tree oil, peppermint and lavender invigorate the scalp and leave hair smelling great.

ADDED BONUS

The refreshing tingle wakes up weary hair and spirits.

FEATURES

• Paraben Free
  • Vegan
  • Color Safe

Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Special Shampoo
  • "I don't have a dry scalp or anything and I know it does help for that but I just wanted to see what it can do for my normal hair." in 16 reviews
  • "She starts rubbing in this shampoo that smells amazingly minty and my scalp feels tingly." in 5 reviews
  • "My brother has a normal scalp and thick oily hair, and my best friend has a normal scalp and thin normal hair, and it works WONDERS for them too.There is no combination of hair type or texture this doesn't work well with." in 5 reviews
  • "It not only makes my hair feel great, it also smells great and I love the cooling feeling you get from the tea tree oil." in 3 reviews
Ali F.
Saunderstown, RI
I am loving this shampoo.  Lately I have had very oily hair and I was recommended this product by a hair stylist.  I was hesitant because I felt like I had tried everything but it was a decent price so I figured if it didn't work who cares, or I could always return it. I literally used it once and noticed a difference in the texture of my hair.  When I say my hair used to be oily I mean I would shower and it would dry oily, now I can not wash my hair for 3 days and it will still look pretty good! I definitely recommend this product to anyone with oily hair.  I also have color in my hair and it has not taken away the color at all.  I cant say that will be the same for everyone but it definitely hasn't done that for me!
Taylor B.
Pell City, AL
if i could give the Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Special Shampoo more than 5 stars i definitely would. i bought this because i read surveys on here saying it helps with dandruff, dry scalp, and everything else. it has definitely helped with that. i use this all time in the cold months because my scalp and hair gets really dry. this shampoo smells amazing and feels great. i can definitely tell and see a difference in my hair now that i have been using this. this shampoo is definitely on the pricey side but all you have to do is catch it on sale. you can find the shampoo and conditioner anywhere whether it be ulta, jcpenney, paul mitchell, or even places that cut your hair. i will definitely be buying more bottles of this product.
Lauren B.
Orlando, FL
I noticed right away that my hair was much cleaner than it normally was, and my hair was not as limp as normal either. My hair dried soft. My roots were clean but the roots of my hair felt a little dry but still not overly dried either. . My hair had little to no grease in it until the very end of the 2nd day, and I easily fixed that with a little bit of dry shampoo, and I could have gone a third day without washing if I had wanted too. And It smells great and feels great!
Heidi M.
Wichita , KS
This is by far my favorite shampoo ever. It has a cool, fresh, and mint feeling on the scalp. Very strong but that’s what I love! Lathers nicely through out. I recommend this to my oiling scalp ladies or men! My man loves it just as much. Secondly I’m not a conditioner kind of girl so instead I pair this with Paul Mitchell Lavender Mint Deep Conditioning Mineral Hair Mask. I lather this only on the driest part which are my ends. I leave it on for 10-15 mins and rinse. I only wash my hair once a week so this the best combo ever! Much love 💚
Christine S.
Coachella, CA
It's a must!
Over the past couple of years I've been trying to find a shampoo that doesn't leave my long hair oily. I've tried plenty of products, but they never seem to wash out the oil and I am left with greasy hair after just a couple hours. After trying so many products, I was shocked when I finally found something that gave me good results. Although Paul Mitchell's Tea Tree Shampoo is fairly expensive, it's well worth every penny. Since the shampoo is minty, it smells great, but it also soothes your scalp as you wash with it. This shampoo is perfect for anyone with naturally oily hair. It not only keeps your hair shiny, but also adds a lot of volume to your hair, which helps when styling. You should definitely invest in this product because you will love the way your scalp feels as you wash, and your hair will not only be left shiny and clean for a long time, but also it will be soft and voluminous all day long.
Leslie H.
Liberty, TX
LOVE LOVE LOVE this shampoo! i have course, thick, wavy, hair that collects oil easily. Due to this it still has to be washed everyday and can become dry on the ends with a lot of other products. The Paul Mitchell Tea Tree shampoo is the opposite. I do not have to follow up with conditioner because it is moisturizing enough, this prevents my roots from greasing as quickly however also keeps my ends moisturized. As a suffer of sinus issues, it is also incredibly refreshing and helps clear my nose on those stuffy days!!
Dani M.
Orlando, FL
This stuff is seriously my all-time favorite shampoo. I love anything with tea tree oil and these products are no exception. It smells AHmazing, tea tree oil mixed with peppermint, so my hair always smells wonderful after using this. These products also leave your scalp feeling refreshingly cool once used. With the price, I use the shampoo/conditioner as more of a relaxing treat once or twice a week vs. everyday use. But in the wintertime I do use this more often because it works WONDERS for dry scalp. I can’t recommend this line enough!
Sophie P.
I love Paul Mitchell. I honestly don’t know why I changed shampoos. This stuff is really good for days when I feel like dandruff has piled up. I wouldn’t use this as a first shampoo — I shampoo twice, once with a super basic shampoo, and then a second time with a more targeted shampoo, it makes my hair SO much healthier and better, I love it — but it’s very good.

Some people don’t like the scent, but I really love it. It reminds me of mint (even though its the smell of tea tree).
kelseyweisenberger W.
Trenton, OH
Love this brand, so of course I had to try out the tea tree line when it came out. The shampoo is great. It lathers very well. A little goes a long way. The scent is very strong but I expect that with any tea tree product. What I really liked about this product is that it felt like a cool tingle on my scalp when using it. I would definitely buy this again. The price is about what I would expect for this product, especially from this brand. Can normally always find it at Ulta!
Payton J.
El Paso, TX
Everyone needs this shampoo, men and women, everyone. I especially recommend it to people of have a lot of dandruff and a dry scalp, like myself. There also was a point in time after I had my first child, my eczema spread to my scalp. It sucked.  Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Special Shampoo saved my hair and my scalp especially.  The tea tree was so cooling on my scalp and it soothed my eczema and calmed it down. I wasn't sitting there scratching at my scalp all the time. This shampoo is a must for me and honestly needs to be a must to everyone. Not only does it help with a dry scalp, it also feels relaxing in the shower with the steam and you just breathe in the smell of tea tree and it feels very relaxing and soothing. Almost like a little stress reliever!
Jennifer R.
Where can you buy this? Does it smell like tea tree oil? Is it supposed to be used daily?
Chelsea L.
South Amboy , NJ
My hair is naturally oily, so I am looking for a product that cuts that down. Will this shampoo cut that down?
Tasia G.
Chandler, AZ
Does this shampoo help with dry, flaky scalp? And if so, how often would you recommend using it? Daily? Or maybe weekly along with my other shampoo and conditioner.
Alison M.
My hair is naturally curly, oily at the roots and i have dry splitting ends but my scalp is always dry and itchy. Right now i am using a head and shoulders shampoo for itchy scalp, it helps a bit but I'm looking for something better and that could possibly help with the oily roots as well. would this help me at all?
Brittany K.
Wyoming, MI
My scalp gets terribly itchy and dry in the summer time...will this product help with that issue?