BY PAUL MITCHELL #3 in Shampoo

Gently wash away impurities with Tea Tree Special Shampoo®. Great for all hair types, this invigorating cleanser leaves strands refreshingly clean and full of shine. Natural tea tree oil and peppermint soothe the scalp, while light notes of lavender leave hair smelling fresh.

WHAT IT DOES

Special ingredients and tea tree oil rid hair of impurities and leave hair full of vitality and luster.

HOW IT WORKS

Natural tea tree oil, peppermint and lavender invigorate the scalp and leave hair smelling great.

ADDED BONUS

The refreshing tingle wakes up weary hair and spirits.

FEATURES

• Paraben Free
  • Vegan
  • Color Safe

Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Special Shampoo
  • "I don't have a dry scalp or anything and I know it does help for that but I just wanted to see what it can do for my normal hair." in 16 reviews
  • "She starts rubbing in this shampoo that smells amazingly minty and my scalp feels tingly." in 5 reviews
  • "My brother has a normal scalp and thick oily hair, and my best friend has a normal scalp and thin normal hair, and it works WONDERS for them too.There is no combination of hair type or texture this doesn't work well with." in 5 reviews
  • "It not only makes my hair feel great, it also smells great and I love the cooling feeling you get from the tea tree oil." in 3 reviews
Ali F.
Saunderstown, RI
I am loving this shampoo.  Lately I have had very oily hair and I was recommended this product by a hair stylist.  I was hesitant because I felt like I had tried everything but it was a decent price so I figured if it didn't work who cares, or I could always return it. I literally used it once and noticed a difference in the texture of my hair.  When I say my hair used to be oily I mean I would shower and it would dry oily, now I can not wash my hair for 3 days and it will still look pretty good! I definitely recommend this product to anyone with oily hair.  I also have color in my hair and it has not taken away the color at all.  I cant say that will be the same for everyone but it definitely hasn't done that for me!
Taylor B.
Pell City, AL
if i could give the Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Special Shampoo more than 5 stars i definitely would. i bought this because i read surveys on here saying it helps with dandruff, dry scalp, and everything else. it has definitely helped with that. i use this all time in the cold months because my scalp and hair gets really dry. this shampoo smells amazing and feels great. i can definitely tell and see a difference in my hair now that i have been using this. this shampoo is definitely on the pricey side but all you have to do is catch it on sale. you can find the shampoo and conditioner anywhere whether it be ulta, jcpenney, paul mitchell, or even places that cut your hair. i will definitely be buying more bottles of this product.
Lauren B.
Orlando, FL
I noticed right away that my hair was much cleaner than it normally was, and my hair was not as limp as normal either. My hair dried soft. My roots were clean but the roots of my hair felt a little dry but still not overly dried either. . My hair had little to no grease in it until the very end of the 2nd day, and I easily fixed that with a little bit of dry shampoo, and I could have gone a third day without washing if I had wanted too. And It smells great and feels great!
Michelle E.
Johnson City, TN
I'm giving this 4 stars because even though I love this stuff and I love Paul Mitchell products in general... the tee tree that's in this made my head burn a little and I hate the smell of mint. The burning wasn't bad it was more like if you got hit sauce on your lip, or a menthol cigarette getting smoked threw the top of your head lol. I got this shampoo because I was having problems with dandruff and dry scalp. This shampoo worked wonders for me. Tea tree is great for almost everything. I would highly recommend trying this if you have bad dandruff or dry scalp.
Christine S.
Coachella, CA
It's a must!
Over the past couple of years I've been trying to find a shampoo that doesn't leave my long hair oily. I've tried plenty of products, but they never seem to wash out the oil and I am left with greasy hair after just a couple hours. After trying so many products, I was shocked when I finally found something that gave me good results. Although Paul Mitchell's Tea Tree Shampoo is fairly expensive, it's well worth every penny. Since the shampoo is minty, it smells great, but it also soothes your scalp as you wash with it. This shampoo is perfect for anyone with naturally oily hair. It not only keeps your hair shiny, but also adds a lot of volume to your hair, which helps when styling. You should definitely invest in this product because you will love the way your scalp feels as you wash, and your hair will not only be left shiny and clean for a long time, but also it will be soft and voluminous all day long.
Leslie H.
Liberty, TX
LOVE LOVE LOVE this shampoo! i have course, thick, wavy, hair that collects oil easily. Due to this it still has to be washed everyday and can become dry on the ends with a lot of other products. The Paul Mitchell Tea Tree shampoo is the opposite. I do not have to follow up with conditioner because it is moisturizing enough, this prevents my roots from greasing as quickly however also keeps my ends moisturized. As a suffer of sinus issues, it is also incredibly refreshing and helps clear my nose on those stuffy days!!
Dianna G.
This product (for me) is just OK.  I love the minty smell and the refreshed, almost energized, feeling when you lather.  The minty scent stays with you for a bit, but then dissipates. The first problem starts when I rinse my hair, because it leaves it feeling a bit "gummy."   After towel drying my hair it feels more like straw as if it's taken out the moisture completely, so I have to use a detangler or my brush seems to want to rip out my hair!

I have normal hair, so maybe this would help with an oily scalp.  My hair is also fairly thick, so I need a good conditioner or it's a tangled mess!  If you do find this to be a good fit, I recommend signing up on Beauty Brands online to get it at a discount once they have their annual shampoo sale and you'll get a liter for at least 1/2 the price!

*This product DOES work amazing for my husband that suffers from dandruff.  It is honestly the only thing that works for him and he never complains about the dryness of his scalp or hair.
ALLISON K.
Seattle, WA
I bought the Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Shampoo and Conditioner based on the great reviews and I am very disappointed. To clarify, I have extremely fine, thin and flat hair so I am always trying new shampoo and conditioner to try to boost volume and promote growth and so far nothing has really done the trick. Back to this specific shampoo and conditioner. The shampoo is fine, smells great (VERY strong minty scent if that is not your thing) and gives you that tingling feeling which is nice. However, the conditioner was the WORST I have ever experienced for my type of hair. It left it so dried out and extremely tangled when I got out of the shower, it was the most horrendous thing to comb through. I would rip so much of my hair out every morning from combing, it was that tangled. So, if you want to use the shampoo and substitute with another conditioner like I had to do then its totally fine. But I would definitely NOT recommend the Paul Mitchell Tea Tree conditioner.
Sophie P.
I love Paul Mitchell. I honestly don’t know why I changed shampoos. This stuff is really good for days when I feel like dandruff has piled up. I wouldn’t use this as a first shampoo — I shampoo twice, once with a super basic shampoo, and then a second time with a more targeted shampoo, it makes my hair SO much healthier and better, I love it — but it’s very good.

Some people don’t like the scent, but I really love it. It reminds me of mint (even though its the smell of tea tree).
kelseyweisenberger W.
Trenton, OH
Love this brand, so of course I had to try out the tea tree line when it came out. The shampoo is great. It lathers very well. A little goes a long way. The scent is very strong but I expect that with any tea tree product. What I really liked about this product is that it felt like a cool tingle on my scalp when using it. I would definitely buy this again. The price is about what I would expect for this product, especially from this brand. Can normally always find it at Ulta!
Jennifer R.
Where can you buy this? Does it smell like tea tree oil? Is it supposed to be used daily?
Chelsea L.
South Amboy , NJ
My hair is naturally oily, so I am looking for a product that cuts that down. Will this shampoo cut that down?
Tasia G.
Chandler, AZ
Does this shampoo help with dry, flaky scalp? And if so, how often would you recommend using it? Daily? Or maybe weekly along with my other shampoo and conditioner.
Alison M.
My hair is naturally curly, oily at the roots and i have dry splitting ends but my scalp is always dry and itchy. Right now i am using a head and shoulders shampoo for itchy scalp, it helps a bit but I'm looking for something better and that could possibly help with the oily roots as well. would this help me at all?
Brittany K.
Wyoming, MI
My scalp gets terribly itchy and dry in the summer time...will this product help with that issue?