BY PAUL MITCHELL #1 in Hair Serums

To smooth, condition and seal hair strands, the Super Skinny® Serum works wonders to make hair silky, shiny and frizz-free in any weather. The lightweight silicone works to smooth, condition and add shine while the award-winning formula is perfect for speeding up hair drying time to give you silky-smooth results in less time, every time. Smoothes, conditions and seals strands, leaving hair silky, shiny and frizz-free in any weather.  Lightweight silicones smooth, condition and seal hair with added shine.

How To Use:

Rub one pump into hands and apply to damp hair starting at the ends and working toward the scalp. Style as desired. Very concentrated.

• Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum1 Answers
  • Is this product good to use before styling hair with a cu...4 Answers
  • What does "super skinny" mean? is this for skinny/fine ha...2 Answers
Elizabeth R.
Hialeah, FL
Let me start by saying my hair is trashed-- completely bleach-fried, as in maybe-I-should-shave-my-head-and-start-over damaged. If I wash my hair and put no leave-in product on it, it air-dries looking like somebody put a Barbie in the microwave. My hair needs help. A lot of help. That being said, THIS PRODUCT makes my hair look like actual human hair. In combination with PM's Forever Blonde Dramatic Repair leave-in, Super Skinny makes my jacked-up strands smooth and shiny and NOT AT ALL like day-old ramen. I used to think I had to flat iron because my hair was so nasty and frizzy and prone to tangling and just being generally disgusting-- but this stuff smoothes everything out and I can spare my very-fragile hair the heat torture and just blow dry with a round brush. And it's actually shiny! And pretty! If I had to throw out every hair product I own except one, THIS would be the product I'd keep. Two things you need to know about this product: First, it smells like watermelon candy, so bonus. Second, this is a heavy silicone-based serum. That means it is prone to buildup if you use heavy silicone shampoo or conditioner or a sulfate-free shampoo that doesn't break down the silicone completely. You'll end up with sticky, stringy hair after a while. So just remember you need to wash your hair properly, and that you only need to use a TINY amount, and you won't have buildup problems.
Lilliana H.
Kenai, AK
I have been using this hair product since I was 10 years old, I’m 23 now. I’m a hairdressers daughter and this product was and continues to be a staple in my routine. My mom always had this in the house and now I always have it in mine. I had my hair permed in March and this product has been a life saver for me, even before I got my perm it was a life saver. I have wavy hair that tends to frizz towards the ends, occasionally my hair looks like hay hair. This product is a quick fix, it immediately smoothes my frizziness and creates shiny soft lush locks! I always apply it to the ends of my hair, never at the top. It’s an oil. You never apply an oil at the roots unless your hair is damp. One to two pumps goes along way, as this is an smoothing oil. You do not need much to get those gorgeous locks smooth and silky. An added bonus with this product is the smell. It Smells divine. This product will forever be in my daily hair care routine. I highly recommend it! :) great for all hair types.
Ola A.
My hairstylist gave me a sample of this years ago before I went out to buy the biggest size of this serum available once it went on sale at Ulta. Absolutely one of the best products I’ve ever tried!
I have straight yet very frizzy hair, and I used to use drugstore serums such as Frizz Ease and a citrus one I don’t remember as well. Those would really weigh my straight hair down and make it look greasy by the end of the day. That is not at all the case with this Paul Mitchell serum!
I use one full pump to distribute throughout my damp hair after showering, avoiding the roots. Once it (air) dries, I am left with soft, smooth, shiny hair and hardly have to do much else with it. It never looks greasy, and it also helps my hair dry faster! The serum itself feels good and light, and doesn’t leave sticky residue on the hands after applying. The product lasts months, if not years, depending on the size; since purchasing the large 8.5oz size, it has been nearly one year and I am only about 1/5 of the way through the bottle.
Definitely worth it to get the large size on sale, but would highly recommend the sample/travel size bottle since a little product goes a long way. One of few hair products/ smoothing serums I have repurchased and will continue to repurchase.
Heather R.
I personally do not like this product. I have super frizzy hair with slight waves. But even the smallest amount at the ends make my hair so oily. It smelled good. But just doesn’t work for me. My hair is a couple inches past my shoulders, and a pea size amount was too much. And I only use it at the ends and half way up. I don’t use any products near my scalp. Even when I do man up and use it for the frizzy days, it doesn’t make a difference. And I blow dry my hair with cool setting.
Ali W.
University Cy, MO
Perfect find for summer! I needed soemthing to maintain my frizz for the humid summers in the Midwest. First off, I’m obsessed with the smell of this. After showering I use a dime size amount and run it through my damp hair from mid length to ends. Whether I wear my hair naturally curly or straight I use this. It seriously works wonders and highly recommend! The consistency is perfect. It doesn’t make your hair crunch or oily. A MUST BUY!

It leaves your hair super shiny too✨✨
Rhonda M.
This product would absolutely be incredible for taming frizz. I don’t have frizz but this does so much more also. This small bottle actually lasts for years too. Only one dab is needed. I put it on my ends and through my damp hair. ( not on my roots) It immediately makes my hair feel sleek and silky. This serum is also a heat protective. I love the fruity smell of this. It is amazing. The serum is light and doesn’t leave a sticky residue. It leaves my hair so soft and super manageable. No matter what style I’m going for I have to always use my serum.
Malinda S.
Upper Darby, PA
I've been contemplating getting this for a while but have been reluctant because most serums like this just weigh my hair down. After reading a million reviews, I finally broke down. My only question :what took me so long!?! This stuff is amazing! I put a small pump into my wet hair starting from the ends and working my way up. After blow drying, my hair has so much shine and is the picture of healthiness! Without being weighed down at all! Today I wore my hair in an up do and the hairspray took away a lot of the effects, so I just rubbed a pea size amount between my hands, and patted my hands all over my hair. Like magic, shine and health restored. I also love the way this smells... It's so pleasant. I have no doubt that my hair would look greasy and weighed down if I were to use even a smidge to much but I'm very careful about only using a tiny bit. My hair has never looked better!
Ali B.
New Port Richey
Super skinny I think is honestly the all time best serum for your hair. I have longer medium length hair that is wavy so it is easily curled and straightened and does have some frizz. This serum
First off smells so lovely. It smells like candy and is absolutely delicious smelling. Secondly this serum helps keep my hair from going all frizzy when straightening it and even when defusing my hair to get some curls. A dime size goes a long way. You don’t want to use more then that really otherwise you look like a greasy mess (my moms been a stylist for 35+ years so I’ve always got the best products) people go crazy for CHI and Biosilk (which are the same damn product bc they are both owned by the same brand btw) but trust me this PM SUPER SKINNY serum is honestly WAYYY better then both of those!!!
Brittany H.
Austin, TX
I love love love this product. I have extremely thick hair and it is between medium and long in length. This helps me dry my hair in half the time and it can be used on dry or wet hair. I use this product as soon as I get out of the shower and wrap my hair back up in the towel. Then I blow dry and bam, I'm done!

The product smells absolutely amazing sort of like watermelon but way better. It helps reduce the frizz when blow drying as well. I recommend this product to all of my friends and family.
Danielle J.
This is my favorite skinny serum ever! It's amazing. Point blank. It maintains frizz and dry ends and keeps your hair looking smooth and shiny! The packaging is cute, too! It's super affordable for the value! One 8.5 oz bottle usually lasts me at least 6 months, usually longer. A little goes a long way with this product! I HIGHLY recommend this product! I've used it for years. I have naturally curly hair and wear it straight 3/4 of the time, rain or shine, thanks to this product.
Linda S.
LaPorte, IN
Does this make hair look greasy?
LAURA B.
Hollywood, FL
Does it make your hair oily if you use it on dry hair?
Nicole P.
Johns Creek, GA
How much is too much? When I tried this stuff my hair got super greasy.
Danielle L.
I have naturally shinny hair, will this make it look greasy?
Erica L.
Fresno , CA
I use Moroccan oil in my hair due to split ends and frizziness that I cannot get rid of. Would this be a better option or does it do the same thing?

back