Paul Mitchell Smoothing Super Skinny SerumInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2015

BY PAUL MITCHELL #1 in Hair Serums

Super Skinny® Complex helps smooth hair fast with reduced dry time. Helps control frizz and adds shine.

Suzette G.
Suzette G.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Ahhh! I love this serum so much! I have such a love for Paul Mitchell products in general but this is definitely a can't live without kind of product! I use this for just about any hair problem I have- If I have frizzies after I have my hair styled or I have been outside I take a little squirt about the size of a tac and rub it through my hands and hit all my frizzies. I take a dime size amount after I wash my hair and it's still damp and distribute it throughout my hair focusing on the ends and than blow dry it and it cuts my blow dry in half and helps with frizz. This product is a serum so be careful not to use too much or you will get a greasy scalp very quick. I have hair to the middle of my back and I only use a dime size for my whole head. After I have straightened my hair I take a tac size amount and distribute it about my hair focusing on the ends and top to keep my baby hairs from poking up. This serum gives my straight hair such shine and keeps me from getting frizz. I use this serum for any style I have and always have it with me when I travel in case of any extra hair problems. I consider this a holy grail product when it comes to my hair products and will continue to purchase this; the price is just like any other Paul Mitchell product and does what it says. Great job Paul Mitchell, as usual!
memory l.
memory l.
Minneapolis, MN
Beauty Junkie Expert
Loving this product is easy because it works works works! (Sung in full voice) lol jk! But serious y'all! I love this product because it give my hair a smooth, shiny, yet not greasy look at feel. More than anything I like to take a few pumps of the serum when my hair is wet and I put in along with my favorite setting lotion. It gives my coils a slip that makes styling very easy! 28 dollars is a little more than I'd like to pay but I just finished the bottle yesterday and I will be going to get another so was it worth the money? Yes! Another thing I'm a little skeptical on is the paraben ingredient that's the 4th one down on the the list. The higher it is on the list the more of it that is in the product... So I don't use this product on my scalp! Strictly in the hair!! Because don't want anything potential harmful to be absorbed. Other than that, it is a must have! 💋
Cassandra S.
Cassandra S.
This is my absolute favorite hair serum out there. I apply this to my damp hair AND when my hair is blow dryed.
I adore pairing this with Aussie Smoothing or Volumzing shampoo. Then when I get out of the shower (if I am using on damp hair) I will apply half a pump into my hands and work my way from my ends to my roots. Adds so much shine and sleekness to my hair. A little goes a long long way so always start with a little then add as needed. This can make your hair greasy fast if you add too much.
The scent is truly scrumptious and to die for! So fresh I wish it was its own shampoo and conditioner to pair with it. Love love love this product, I dislike the price but it'll last a long time!!!
Courtney G.
Courtney G.
Vail, CO
This is my holy grail product. I use it every time I wash my hair, no matter how I am styling it. I have long thick hair so I use two pumps and start applying about half way down my hair, focusing on the ends. If I am air drying for a wavy look, I'll add a curl cream or a beach spray after the serum. If I am blow drying, I'll spray a heat protectant after the serum. This product makes my hair very smooth and tames frizz without weighing it down or looking greasy. It is a very lightweight serum. You can also apply this on dry hair after curling or straightening (or on non-wash days) for a sleek and shiny look. Stay away from roots when applying to avoid a greasy look.
Staci M.
Staci M.
Salinas , CA
I have thick, frizzy hair with lots of damaged split ends..

I went to get my ends trimmed one day and the lady cutting my hair asked if I had tried any serums in my hair. I had told her no, so she showed me this little gem and put some on my hair after from trim. She went on and on about it. (Me thinking yeah sure, she's just trying to sell me something) When she was done I could tell a HUGE difference in my hair! It would lay down flat, it was soft, not brittle like normal! When I use it at home I take a small amount in my hand and rub it into my ends. Let it air dry, and by the time it's dry I have beautiful frizz less hair with a super shine!
Alyssa G.
Alyssa G.
Obsessed with this stuff. Got it for my birthday a month ago and don't know how I lived without it. It's not "cheap" but it definitely lasts. I have super thick, medium/long hair so I use more than the recommended one pump, usually two, and I still have tons left. It smells great, isn't greasy at all, and a little goes a long way. I like to smooth it on with my hands and brush it in. I also usually use it before I let my hair air dry and it definitely controls frizz. I have wavy hair so it doesn't usually make it pin straight, I usually would need to follow up with a straightener afterwards but it definitely helps and saves time.
Megan O.
Megan O.
Lafayette, LA
I've been battling my frizzy hair for years. I thought I finally had it under control with Keratin treatments, but I was sweating too much and washing it too frequently to maintain the results of my Keratin treatments. (I'm a group fitness instructor and personal trainer-- not just someone who sweats too much. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!)

My friend gave me half of her bottle and told me to try the Super Skinny Serum to tame my frizzy bits. This is a miracle! It keeps my hair smooth without making it heavy or greasy like other products do. If you use it like directed, you'll get a ton of use out of the small bottle.
Jessica M.
Jessica M.
Williamsburg, VA
Definitely the best hair serum I've ever tried. A little bit goes a long way, which is great for the longevity of the product, but can be a little dangerous if you overuse it. I've encountered greasy hair once or twice when I've accidentally used too much. I apply this on the ends to middle of my hair when it's damp after a shower. I almost always notice how it keeps my hair from getting frizzy and helps to make it silky and straight. I used to work in a beauty store and almost always recommended this to ladies looking for a way to combat coarseness and frizz. This will probably always be one of my go-to products!
Jessa Kimbra D.
Jessa Kimbra D.
Ottawa Lake, MI
I am currently a cosmetology student at Paul Mitchell and I am blunt and honest to the core about our products. This is a cult favorite. What I would do to make sure I always have this around. It's great for every ethnicity and can zap frizz in an instant. I love applying a dime size to damp hair, spread through evenly and blow drying it in. It gives your hair an amazing shine. Pretty sure I'm beaming from planet earth at this moment with the smile that this product gives me. MUST HAVE.

I attached a photo of my son's hair after using the skinny serum and blowdrying it. Levi approved!
Emily R.
Emily R.
Beaver, PA
This is one of my favorite hair products to use daily. I apply a little smaller than a dime sized pump into my palm and rub my hands together before I comb it through my wet and freshly washed hair. After I blow dry and style my hair, it is so soft and has the perfect amount of shine to it I look like a model. It helps keep my hair from getting frizzy and makes it look super healthy all day long! I highly recommend it even though it is a pricier product. (If you are looking for a cheaper alternative, try garnier anti-frizz serum for the same results at less of the price)
Linda S.
Linda S.
LaPorte, IN
Beauty Junkie Expert
Does this make hair look greasy?
LAURA B.
LAURA B.
Hollywood, FL
Does it make your hair oily if you use it on dry hair?
Nicole P.
Nicole P.
Alpharetta, GA
Beauty Junkie Expert
How much is too much? When I tried this stuff my hair got super greasy.
Danielle L.
Danielle L.
I have naturally shinny hair, will this make it look greasy?
Erica L.
Erica L.
Fresno, Ca
I use Moroccan oil in my hair due to split ends and frizziness that I cannot get rid of. Would this be a better option or does it do the same thing?