BY PAUL MITCHELL #84 in Shampoo

Buy now on www.ulta.com
and get 2.5% CASH BACK with
powered by

Our Platinum Blonde Shampoo is the perfect shampoo for blonde, white and silver-colored hair. Formulated with a touch of violet tint, it gets rid of brassiness while softening strands and adding shine to natural and color-treated blonde hair. Added conditioners and nutrients keep strands hydrated, leaving your hair with a beautifully soft, healthy shine for gorgeously radiant blonde hair.

WHAT IT DOES

Banishes brassiness, softens strands and adds shine in natural and color-treated blondes.

HOW IT WORKS

Violet-tinted, color-enhancing formula brings out the best in blonde, white and silver hair.

ADDED BONUS

Conditioning ingredients and extracts hydrate hair and intensify shine.

FEATURES

• Paraben Free
  • Vegan

• I'm a natural brunette but generally get my hair done eve...2 Answers
  • Can this be used daily? Or is it until you reach desired ...1 Answers
  • I've been looking for a toning shampoo for my hair becaus...2 Answers
Mayra Q.
Oceanside, CA
I use this 1x/week as a mask (vs regular shampoo). I rub it into my dry hair, until all the blond is covered (ombre hair), I put it into a bun, and then let it sit 20-30 minutes (while I make dinner, get some work done, etc). I then rinse it out (either shower or just washing hair). And because purple shampoos tend to be drying, I always use a conditioning hair mask after, instead of regular conditioner. I wasn't sure how well these worked, and I probabaly would have been skeptical if I hadn't taken my own before and after pic. This pic is from the same day, same location and same lighting (don't pay attention to texture, after pic has product to tame the friz). Crazy difference right? This keeps me going between toner sessions.
Marie K.
Canby, OR
So about a month ago I bleached my hair platinum blond and the lady who did my hair told me to buy this shampoo so I did and it was more than triple of what I would usually pay for for regular shampoo. It was okay. I don’t feel like it did much. I like foamy shampoos like when you rub it in your hair it turns to foam kinda, you know what I mean?? Well this one didn’t do that. I felt like it didn’t clean my hair and scalp like my normal shampoos do. I don’t think I’d suggest this one so definitely buy a different one if you’re going platinum blond.
Courtney B.
Corvallis
Best purple shampoo hands down. I tried something from Sally's Beauty Supply a long time ago and it left my hair brittle. Redkens had a shampoo and conditioner set as well, but it's easy to over tone with that. However, this shouldn't be the only shampoo you use. Only use this as needed (when you hair starts looking a bit brassy). Make sure to condition afterwards as well (my hair tends to feel dryer after using purple shampoo compared to regular shampoo). Don't let the color scare you, you would have to keep this on longer that 10 minutes (maybe 15 I don't keep track in the shower) for you hair to turn "purple". Don't worry about a purple hue, it fades out after a few washes. After a few uses you'll know how long you need to keep it in.
Tamara J.
Paul Mitchell Platinum Blonde Shampoo is seriously amazing! It makes my hair feel so soft and conditioned, but also makes my blonde look super bright and fights any brassiness and fading that I encounter! I highly recommend!💜💜💜
Brittany D.
Kermit , WV
I absolutely adore this shampoo product! The smell is amazing, leaves your hair feeling silky, it strengthens your hair while it helps brighten and tone your hair color at the same time! Don't over use this product because it's only meant to apply 2-3 times a week but you will be very satisfied with the outcome
Hope S.
Grand Rapids, MI
I really debated about giving this 3 or 4 Stars. You definitely need to leave it on for 4 minutes plus to see any type of difference. Honestly the Pravana The Perfect Blonde Masque will help WAY more and will even hydrate. But if you really want a shampoo this one isn’t horrible. It’s just so expensive to not be one of the best.
Reilly C.
Kenton
It's INSANE how much this shampoo can brighten your blonde after just one wash! I'm a brunette and had a blonde balyage and It really knocked the brassiness out of my hair but definitely dried it out which wasn't totally unexpected. I think shampoo would be perfect for true blondes with color treated hair who's hair can handle it!
Sarah M.
This shampoo works well to clean the hair while also removing some of the brassy/ orange tones. I rated only 3 stars because the effects of this shampoo as a toner are not as drastic as I would hope, but definitely would be great to use throughout the week if you have blonde hair to keep down brassy tones!
Meghan S.
Cuyahoga Falls
Love Love Love this shampoo! I have used a lot of other expensive options with purple shampoo to keep my blonde hair blonde. I like how well the product works and that it doesn't break the bank! I know it works because when i went platinum blonde a year ago no one told me about purple shampoo and shower after shower my hair turned a gross yellow color with just regular shampoo. I got a new stylist who fixed my ugly yellow almost wig like hair back to a pretty blonde. She recommended this shampoo and I have used it since September 2017. I went blonde in June of 2016. Would buy this product over and over again, my boyfriend even used it (even though he has never dyed his hair) and his hair became super soft the more he used it!
Avianna V.
Lorain, OH
Great shampoo to help blondes and browns eliminate some of the brassy colors in our hair. This shampoo neutralizes hair color and helps remove orange or really yellow tones. This will cool your hair tone down. Great product! Helps platinum blondes stay platinum and natural and not yellow.
kristina b.
I'm wondering if anyone with light brunette shade has used this to keep the brassy undertones out?
Roxanne B.
Upper Darby, PA
I'm black and unfortunately I have gray hair around the front. Using black or brown dyes would hide it for awhile then it would come back hard!! For the past 3 years, I've been bleaching my hair blond and I love it!! You can't see my grays but it has damaged my hair. Would the Paul Mitchell purple shampoo bring some life back into my hair because I've been using John Frieda Blond shampoo and it's like a waste of money! Thanks ladies 😘
Megan B.
Skillman, NJ
My hair is always susceptible to getting the brassy tone. I need to know if this is really worth the money to maintain my highlighted hair. Any thoughts?
Anna E.
I've been looking for a toning shampoo for my hair because my water turns my blonde hair a golden brassy color :( I was wondering if this stuff is worth the price & if anyone has tried a drugstore or cheaper dupe !?
Jasmines P.
Kingsville , TX
Is this a good shampoo for dry hair?

back