BY PAUL MITCHELL #15 in Flat Irons & Hair Straighteners

The Express Ion Smooth®+ is the perfect tool to create professional, salon-quality hairstyles. This Paul Mitchell® Pro Tools™ bestseller helps to smooth and polish strands quickly and gently for healthy-looking results with incredible shine. 1.25" cushioned ceramic plates with beveled edges and Express Ion Complex™ technology ensure a gorgeously healthy result every time.

WHAT IT DOES

Smoothes and polishes strands quickly and gently for healthy-looking results with incredible shine.

HOW IT WORKS

• Express Ion Complex™ ensures healthy, shiny results
  • 1.25" cushioned ceramic plates with beveled edges
  • Digital temperature control with LCD display
  • Heats up to 410°F in 60 seconds with a 5-second heat recovery time

ADDED BONUS

Dual voltage for worldwide use.

Buy on Amazon
Grey X.
I've been straightening my hair since I was a teenager so I've owned a lot of straighteners. By far the best I'd used were the classic GHDs from about 10 years ago. Before I got these I was using a pair of CHI straighteners which were absolutely awful, tugged on my hair and left it fried.

I was going to get another pair of GHDs, but got these as they were on sale and I had a coupon. I was fully prepared to return them if I didn't like them, but they blew me away. They are SO smooth, the plates are perfect. Goes through my hair like butter. Because of that, it makes straightening faster and I spend about half the time I did with my CHIs. I use  Ag Hair Smooth Firewall Argan Shine & Flat Iron Spray with them.

I love the fact you can choose the temperature, the cord is plenty long enough and they heat up ridiculously fast. I really can't stress enough how fast these heat up. Be careful handling them!

Although I wouldn't say they outperform GHDs, these retail for $125 which is cheaper and I think well worth the price point.
NICOLE L.
Wilmington , NC
I bought this flat iron about 1 month ago, as per recommended by my hair stylist, and I LOVE it!!!!! I had a chi before this flat iron and it was horrible. Always tugging my hair and I always had to turn it up to the max setting to do anything effective. But this flat iron is amazing!!! It doesn’t tug at your hair, your hair is soft and smooth after you use it, and you don’t have to turn the heat up high to see maximum results. Highly recommend!!!!!
Jeanette L.
I absolutely love this flat iron. I borrowed from a friend and never gave it back lol. I have naturally  cutler shoulder length hair. I usually blow dry then pass the flat iron through to achieve a sleek look. I don’t like a lot of volume but this does not give me completely flat limp lifeless hair. Leaves my hair super soft and shiny with just the right amount of life.
Julie C.
Large plates so you can straighten hair more quickly/efficiently. I am a hairstylist and have used this same iron everyday for almost 3 years. You can control the temperature and it heats up in just seconds. If you use product before heat styling, you may run into build up on the corners of the plates so be sure to clean regularly.
Bethany B.
Indianapolis, IN
Great straightener- I love the setting options and the size. Great for traveling. With that said, I have been VERY disappointed with the durability. Mine has occasional connection issues with the cord and when contacting the manufacturer, it was not covered under warranty. Very frustrating, especially when paying this kind of money for it.
haleigh P.
Mobile, al
I loved my Paul Mitchell straightener. It lasted a very long time. I have naturally curly hair, so there are alot of straighteners that won't get the job done. This straightener made my hair straight and didn't take very long at all to achieve the look I was going for. Doesn't pull at the hair.
Amanda G.
I’ve never snagged my hair on the sides, which was a recurrent problem I’ve had with Chi’s in the past. It heats up quickly and cools fairly quickly as well, which is nice if you’re traveling. It’s lightweight and seems to be pretty resilient to being dropped lol. Expensive but worth it.
Rebecca C.
Fantastic iron. Versatile for creating any type of style: smoothing, curls, waves, and everything in between. The 1.25in plates are super smooth and easy to control. The temperature control is a HUGE deal, I only use it on 280 degrees. Any higher than 320, and my hair will damage.
Sami K.
Annapolis, MD
This high-tech hair straightener has a digital display that can convert between both Celsius and Fahrenheit. It goes all the way up to 410 degrees Fahrenheit and uses ion technology to seal the cuticle of the hair and emit shine!
Lindsey S.
Louisville, KY
I recently received this flat iron as a birthday present a few months ago and I love it. I didn’t think different brands would make your hair feel differently but they definitely do. This flat iron straightens my hair so quick and it goes down my hair so smoothly
Cassie P.
St, NL
Has anyone tried this flat iron? Would you Recommend?
Rebecca D.
baton rouge
I'm looking for a flat iron that's bigger than the regular chi. Is this the one with larger plates for long hair?
Christina A.
Las Vegas, NV
Where can I buy this at?
Danielle C.
Otway, OH
How much damage does the iron do to your hair if it does any?
China G.
Lake Village, IN
I have a very old PM that I can't bear to part with. Is this one as long lasting as the older models? And does it do as good of a job?