BY PAUL MITCHELL #8 in Flat Irons & Hair Straighteners

The Express Ion Smooth®+ is the perfect tool to create professional, salon-quality hairstyles. This Paul Mitchell® Pro Tools™ bestseller helps to smooth and polish strands quickly and gently for healthy-looking results with incredible shine. 1.25" cushioned ceramic plates with beveled edges and Express Ion Complex™ technology ensure a gorgeously healthy result every time.

WHAT IT DOES

Smoothes and polishes strands quickly and gently for healthy-looking results with incredible shine.

HOW IT WORKS

• Express Ion Complex™ ensures healthy, shiny results
  • 1.25" cushioned ceramic plates with beveled edges
  • Digital temperature control with LCD display
  • Heats up to 410°F in 60 seconds with a 5-second heat recovery time

ADDED BONUS

Dual voltage for worldwide use.

Buy on Amazon
Grey X.
I've been straightening my hair since I was a teenager so I've owned a lot of straighteners. By far the best I'd used were the classic GHDs from about 10 years ago. Before I got these I was using a pair of CHI straighteners which were absolutely awful, tugged on my hair and left it fried.

I was going to get another pair of GHDs, but got these as they were on sale and I had a coupon. I was fully prepared to return them if I didn't like them, but they blew me away. They are SO smooth, the plates are perfect. Goes through my hair like butter. Because of that, it makes straightening faster and I spend about half the time I did with my CHIs. I use  Ag Hair Smooth Firewall Argan Shine & Flat Iron Spray with them.

I love the fact you can choose the temperature, the cord is plenty long enough and they heat up ridiculously fast. I really can't stress enough how fast these heat up. Be careful handling them!

Although I wouldn't say they outperform GHDs, these retail for $125 which is cheaper and I think well worth the price point.
Ashley H.
Big Stone Gap, VA
I bought this a few years ago after it was recommended to me at the salon that I frequented. It was definitely $$$.

I love that it has a temperature dial that I can leave set and then just turn the switch on and off- it makes it so easy!

I don’t use this every day since I’m trying to keep my hair from becoming any more damaged than it already is. I usually just use it whenever I’m going out somewhere special or certain days for work.

It does seem to get my hair straight (although never as perfect as they do at the salon haha). However, since this iron has such a thick, straight edge to it without absolutely no curve whatsoever I can’t use it to curl or wave my hair.

Considering how much I’ve paid for this and how long it has lasted me (much much longer than any other cheaper drugstore brand) it has been well worth it. I see that the new ones are sort of revamped now with some shiny mirror plate on them, and given how well this model has worked out for me, I would consider buying a new one whenever this one quits working on me. Paul Mitchell Express Ion Smooth+ Flat Iron
Tracey A.
Toms River , NJ
 I am a very big fan of this straightener. I had a different Paul Mitchell straightener that lasted me 10 years and finally gave out so I needed to buy a new one and they didn’t make that model anymore so I ended up buying this one. I was pleasantly surprised when this one worked even better than my old one I was absorelymin love with.  It has a great temperature range and I believe it goes up to 450°F .  Also heats up superfast I believe in 60 seconds or less. It also shut itself off after an hour just in case you forget to do so yourself and leave the house it’s one less thing you have to worry about. The straightener feels really smooth on the hair and doesn’t snag. I have very thick and curly dry hair and it straightens  Each section quickly most often with just one pass and I only turn it up to 325-350.  My curly hair and up looking really slick street and smooth . I would definitely recommend the straightener to anyone who’s in the market as it works really well and is priced very well for a high end tool .
Amiah D.
Slidell
So a couple months back I died my hair all blonde with bleach and was nervous on putting heat onto it. But my hair dresser used this exact flatiron when mainting my hair and omg I love it. You can choose the heat setting on the flat iron which I love! The flat iron comes in this really cute box package with instructions on how to use your flat iron. The flat iron is very high quality and if your looking into getting a flat iron that will last you awhile definitely should invest on this flats iron! 10/10 would recommend that more salons use this product it’s amazing
Bethany B.
New Palestine , IN
Great straightener- I love the setting options and the size. Great for traveling. With that said, I have been VERY disappointed with the durability. Mine has occasional connection issues with the cord and when contacting the manufacturer, it was not covered under warranty. Very frustrating, especially when paying this kind of money for it.
Kayden L.
Glenpool , OK
Favorite straightener ever! It’s 100 times better than the chi. It doesn’t pull your hair like a lot of other straighteners do. I have been using this straightener for 6 years and I’m never disappointed. It’s pricey but for what it’s worth it’s absolutely amazing! Never getting a different brand!
Jaimy B.
This flat iron is just okay - I expected more from Paul Mitchell. The flat iron does not do any of the things it claims to do at all. Instead, it damages my hair because it gets too hot and ends up burning my hair, making it frizzy and dull. It does not straighten well either. I have to go over certain spots over and over and over again to get it straight and flat. Also, because of how wide it is, when I want to add volume to my hair, I can’t. This flat iron is meant for just straightening your hair. It is not meant to style, add flair, or improving your hair’s health.
Amber P.
Norton
Purchased at: ULTA
LOVE! this flat iron is so great and worth the pretty penny. I’ve had mine for 3 years now and works just as great when I first got it. Heats up so quickly, has auto shut off (super helpful when you forget those crazy mornings lol). I use mine to curl and straighten my hair!
Rebecca C.
Fantastic iron. Versatile for creating any type of style: smoothing, curls, waves, and everything in between. The 1.25in plates are super smooth and easy to control. The temperature control is a HUGE deal, I only use it on 280 degrees. Any higher than 320, and my hair will damage.
Danielle G.
Fort Myers, FL
I am up SAST with my Paul Mitchell express ion smooth flat iron. I got this one year for Christmas back in college and it still works great to this day. I’ve had it for over six years now it keeps my hair sleek and shiny and never gets frizzy.
Cassie P.
St, NL
Has anyone tried this flat iron? Would you Recommend?
Danielle C.
Otway, OH
How much damage does the iron do to your hair if it does any?
Rebecca D.
baton rouge
I'm looking for a flat iron that's bigger than the regular chi. Is this the one with larger plates for long hair?
Christina k.
Las Vegas, NV
Where can I buy this at?
Anna H.
How much does this typically cost?