Paul Mitchell Dry Wax uploaded by Courtney F.

BY PAUL MITCHELL #29 in Pomades & Waxes

Shape, separate, lift and mold hair any way you like with Firm Style Dry Wax™. This versatile and moldable wax adds texture and definition to all types of hair while defining and controlling any style. Create pliable styles with long-lasting hold for incredible-looking hair every woman desires.

WHAT IT DOES

Defines and controls any texture and creates clean, "lived in" looks.

HOW IT WORKS

Emollient waxes and softening agents create pliable styles.

ADDED BONUS

Delivers long-lasting hold with a moveable finish.

FEATURES

• Paraben Free
  • Gluten Free
  • Vegan
  • Color Safe

Carla R.
Dayton, OH
I have used this on clientele with short and long hair alike. I like using it to add texture to bangs/fringe and for making areas appear piecey. It has a light to medium hold, but pairs well with hairspray to maximise longevity. I recommend using a small amount, rubbed between fingers and then applied/styled to areas, adding more as desired. Also reasonably priced.
Ava B.
State college, PA
I really like this hair wax whenever my hair is frizzy or there are stray hairs. There is alot of product and you will have it for a very long time. You need to be careful how much you use though, because it can tend to look oily if you use too much.
Bryce I.
Lincoln
I really like the scent and the feel of this wax, however it didn’t work too well or last long with my super fine, huge head of hair. My hair has problems with styling normally unless I use cement lol. I’d recommend for men with shorter hair that is semi coarse.
Sally W.
Grain Valley, MO
This product is great for styling short hair, to make tips and points as well as to smooth. The fragrance has the classic Paul Mitchell smell. It can be a bit heavy if you apply too much, so just remember less is more.
Dennis C.
Liverpool, NY
As someone in the media spotlight, having amazing hair is something that's extremely important to me. Ever since Matrix discontinued their Dirty Trix Messy Matte Clay, I've been searching for a replacement. (Dear Matrix: WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!?!!) Their product was dry, no shine/sheen, held up for 48 hours, sure it was difficult to wash out but it did the proverbial trick. (pun intended).

I tried Short S3xy Hair Rocked Out, I tried Paul Mitchell's Glue, Osmo Essence Clay, basically I tried EVERYTHING.

I decided to give this Dry Wax a try from Paul Mitchell. For me, having very (super) fine hair, it worked okay but was just too much of a shine for me. I'd imagine if I was female it might be better but it left my hair with a very waxy feeling. And that feeling didn't wash out.

Dirty Trix didn't wash out either, and I had to use something like Sebastian's Stark Naked just to get the product out. With this Paul Mitchell wax, no dice. It still felt waxy after a couple washings. I guess it does do it's job and has moderate hold, but the shine to it combined with the lack of washability really didn't work for me. Your mileage may vary.
Owen S.
I would never recommend this product. I used it once and instantly regretted it. it was greasy, hard, and pulled at my hair. It was impossible to wash out and I was forced to shave my head just to get away from the terrible feeling of the wax that coated my hair. I will never buy this product or any product like this ever again.
Francis J.
I have to admit I love Paul Mitchell's products and now that my fiancé let me touch his hair I am excited to say that he also loves Paul Mitchell's products too! My fiancé is in his mid 20's and loves to keep his hair at mid length to leave it all in one side but could never find the right wax to do that for him until my hair dresser introduced him this Paul Mitchell firm style dry wax. He immediately loved it because it made his hair look dry and shiny but at the same it really did hold his hair firm creating a weightless hold no lie! Ever since he purchased this wax he has never changed it and he has bought other hair styling waxes but never likes them enough to keep them like this one! We really recommend this product if you want a weightless yet firm hold for a mid length hair cut like the disconnected undercut or any edgy or slicked look!
Melissa O.
When I had a short pixie cut, I used this to style my hair. My hair is fine, but there's a good bit of it. It gives a good tousled look, but I find the hold to be a little weak for my tastes. It doesn't wear well the second day and hair needs to be washed after using. I liked the smell and the product design. I received it as a gift, otherwise it would have been cost-prohibitive.
Anne W.
Henderson , NV
I worshiped this wax when I got my hair cut super short. I loved taking fingertip fulls of it and running it through the back of my hair to give it a spiky, curly texture. I was seriously sad when I ran out. This stuff was so so fun to use on my hair. It weighted it down a ton, so I had to wash it sometimes twice a day but it was very worth it.
Kristin K.
Lk Havasu Cty, AZ
OMG what can I say I LOVE this product! I first got turned on to this while getting my hair done at his school in Costa Mesa CA. At the time my hair was short and sassy! Which complimented my attitude as well! Love the feel of this product which you can tell is a quality product. Light weight not too greasy! With a great firm hold!
Does this really work?
josie g.
Moultrie, GA
How much does this cost?

back