BY PAUL MITCHELL #40 in Hair Bleach & Lighteners

Additional Information

Dual Purpose Lightener is an On-and Off-Scalp Powder Lightener.

Paul Mitchell Dual Purpose Lightener is part of the Blonding System designed by Paul Mitchell. Designed to be used with 5, 10, 20, 30 and 40 volume cream developer, Dual Purpose Lightener delivers superior condition and shine achieved through a special combination of natural oils and conditioning agents. A beautiful sandalwood fragrance ensures a pleasant environment and comforting experience. Experience Dual Purpose Lightener and discover a better way to blonde from Paul Mitchell. Dust free formula lifts hair evenly and quickly with control. Natural oils of jojoba and castor bean, in a unique encapsulation process, with a soothing sandalwood fragrance, buffer the lightening process to reduce damage and replenish nutrients lost during lightening service. Natural tone and shine. Ideal for both on- and off-scalp applications (on-scalp double process blonding, off-scalp foil highlighting, color correction, block color techniques, and painting).

Buy on Walmart
Vanessa P.
Litchfield, NH
I LOVE LOVE LOVE DPL! It is such a multipurpose lightener if you want to go to bleach blonde or a caramel tone! It works on every hair color no matter what! It is so easy to easy and definitely worth it in the end! Will always use this!
Sonya H.
Georgetown, KY
Paul Mitchell Dual Purpose Lightener is a good all purpose lightener. The only con i really have is I always have to use a toner with this lightener. I dont use heat with any lightener that i use. I always add Olaplex as well.
Kailynn P.
['Terre Haute', ''], IN
I used this when I wanted to lighten my hair back up. It Works I feel but slowly and it's not cheap at all. It's to expensive for the contimainer it comes in with. I would try it you might like it.
Daphne W.
Not a fan!!! Well this burned my scalp sooo bad, that it blistered and peeled (with 20 developer)!!! Then even with 40 developer (off scalp) would NOT lift light enough (my hair is not dark, so this should have worked. After that completely failed, several different toners by Paul Mitchell were used on my hair to help correct ghe color and it still did not help or work. Then it damaged my hair so bad, that it started falling out and breaking off!!! Talk about embarrassing!!! I will not use or recommend this to anyone!! Complete fail!!!
Whitley L.
This product gives you the perfect lift! It doesn't dry out if it's mixed correctly! It's not expensive for the quality and how much you'll get out of it! It does have a strong chemical smell but what hair color doesn't?!
Jenna B.
Grand Rapids, MI
This is one of my favorite lighteners. I use it in my clients that need a little more of a kick when going lighter. With the bright blonde trend, this lightener has been one of my go to products for years.
Lencee H.
Upland, CA
I went to school at Paul Mitchell and I really like dpl its not super strong which is a plus. But I gave this three stars because it can be inconsistent and patchy when applying. It is not due for lack of satursation as other students and some teachers have said the same, but it does serve its purpose.
asia s.
PA
LOVE THIS. Be careful though this is only successfully for certain clients. This is very powerful and can damage hair if not formulated properly.
Payton D.
Youngstown, OH
I went to a Paul Mitchell hair school and I used this everyday and loved it! Gives you a great look always use this!
Annissa E.
i loce this bleach it pulls so fast. i use it at the salon that i work for and tge few times i used it i liked it.