Paul Mitchell Color Protect Shampoo

by Paul Mitchell

Preserve that gorgeous hair color with Color Protect® Shampoo from Paul Mitchell®. Safe enough to use every day, this gentle cleanser protects color-treated hair while hydrating, strengthening and boosting shine. Plant extracts help shield harmful UVA and UVB rays while special conditioners keep every strand moisturized.

How well does this shampoo help hold color?
Amo muito mesmo esse produto
Is this really good at keeping colour treated hair healthy?
Start your review of Paul Mitchell Color Protect Shampoo!
Product Highlights
I like it but I don't think it's my go to for colored hair, unless your hair has lots of natural oils because it did noticeably dry mine out.in reviews
The shampoo and conditioner set for color treated hair gives me better results.in reviews
It's my favorite shampoo for color treated hair and I've tried quite a few.in reviews
It left my hair greasy and like I had a film in it.in reviews
I recently got my roots touched up, and after the first time I washed my hair afterwards, there was no difference I could see between the color of my roots and the original dye from 6 weeks previously.in reviews
Bethamie M.
Jefferson, WI
Paul Mitchell Color Protect Shampoo uploaded by Bethamie M.
I love using Paul Mitchell Color Protect Shampoo after swimming. I find it gives my hair that extra boost after being in chlorine for an hour. The pool is my workout gym, so I’m in the pool every other day, when I can. That causes a lot of drying to my hair and fading of my color. I find Paul Mitchell products offers a little more hydration and protection than my regular product.
Mariah K.
Vancouver, WA
Paul Mitchell Color Protect Shampoo uploaded by Mariah K.
If I could rate this 10/5 stars, I would. I got my Paul Mitchell Color Protect Shampoo for a birthday gift, coincidentally at a time I was having some rough hair. It was suddenly not soft after wages anymore. I didn’t dye it, I don’t use heat on it ever, I hadn’t changed products.. I was confused. My grandmother - a salon artist - got this for me and when I say it changed my life, it changed my LIFE. My hair no longer needs a conditioner. I only use this (I have used the pair to this and it was great) and it had turned my hair into a silk. I have really long hair so it takes a lot to keep it under control! It’s now so soft, no frizz, insanely shiny, I get compliments all the time! This is worth every dime and I suggest it to EVERYONE! This one is for color but they make others as well for curly, frizz, etc. check them out!
Kathryn G.
Seguin, TX
Purchased at: ULTA
I went home recently for the holidays and my mom uses this stuff. I tried it while I was at home and I loved it!! I used to dye my hair so the ends still have color in them. I think it’s really good for maintaining color as well as keeping your hair healthy despite bleaching it, which we know, isn’t great for your hair’s health. If you dye your hair, I highly recommend this. It has an amazing scent!
Samantha A.
Sacramento, CA
I dye my hair a red/violet color, and it's even Paul Mitchell dye, and this stuff is a life saver. it retains your color and extends the life of the shine for at least an extra month beyond the Herbal Essence color protecting routine I used. The only downside, as with most color protecting items, is that if you have hair that is naturally oily, this will not cleanse that well. I suggest putting in a dab of cleansing shampoo to keep your hair from getting oily hair, especially if you use darker dyes. Easy, natural smell. A little does NOT go a long way with me but I have very thick hair. The best value I've found has been at Supercuts where you can get the big bottles for BOGO 50% sometimes as opposed to Ulta where you have to buy 3 products to get the deal when most people only need the 2.
Courtney P.
henderson
I really love this shampoo! I use it whenever I wash my hair (usually 3 times a week) and it really helps lock in my color to my colored hair without it fading at all. It makes my hair soft and smooth. I will say that I feel like my hair has less volume and is very flat after using this, but that's nothing hair spray and a comb can't fix :)
Lhea S.
Patterson, CA
I absolutely love using this shampoo for when I have colored my hair. It doesn't strip the color from your hair it doesn't leave a sticky residue in your hair. Absolutely love and I recommend it for those who have colored their hair!
Julienne C.
South Bend
Keeps color on hair longer and seems to be gentle on my hair. I enjoy this product and would recommend using this product.
Brittany S.
Fredericktown, OH
Smells great but it doesn't have good color care and it drys my hair out! I always have to use a leave in conditioner after
Sarah W.
Grapevine , TX
Paul Mitchell Color Protect Shampoo - Excellent shampoo for color treated hair. You can use it daily and it extends hair color & protects your hair from further damage. I highly recommend this shampoo.
Samantha C.
I love this product!! It helps keep my hair color vibrant longer. I splurge on it every once in awhile but it is pricey.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...