Paul Mitchell Color Protect Shampoo

Gentle Cleanser Jeans may fade but hair color shouldn t.  Harness the power of sunflower extract for longer-lasting hair color.  Helps protect against sun damage.  Infuses brilliant shine for vibrant, healthy looking hair. we care John Paul Mitchell Systems does not conduct or endorse animal testing Additional Product Information: We are not associated or affiliated with John Paul Mitchell Systems and are not a licensed retailer of John Paul Mitchell Systems. John Paul Mitchell Systems guarantees this product only when sold through authorized retailers, and cannot guarantee the authenticity of any product sold by an unauthorized retailer. We cannot guarantee that this product is covered by any manufacturer s warranties or eligible for any manufacturer s rebate. If the UPC codes or other tracing codes are missing from any product container of a John Paul Mitchell see more...

• I just dyed my hair purple/lavender and want it to last as long a...1 Answers
  • I have bright red hair and frequently change my hair color, does...1 Answers
  • I bleached my hair and dyed it back a silvery grey color and now,...1 Answers
Paul Mitchell Color Protect Shampoo
  • "This product smells great and makes your hair feel light and smooth." in 2 reviews
  • "Best shampoo for colored hair, works wonderfully, I highly recommend to anyone with colored hair" in 2 reviews
  • "It smells great and leaves my hair looking amazing!" in 1 review
  • "I have honestly never tried a shampoo that I hated more." in 1 review
  • "If you have oily hair do not buy this product." in 1 review
Katelyn M.
Romeoville, IL
I’ve used almost every single product in the Paul Mitchell collection (including pets) at some point. I used to go to a Paul Mitchell salon to get my hair done. The one thing I have to say is they’re all similar in quality - some stand out very slightly more than others, but overall there are much better salon quality products on the market. While this is a good shampoos I’d recommend opting for something different.
Taylor L.
Hamlin, WV
I love Paul Mitchell products, but this one was a miss for me. This product dried my scalp out so bad. My scalp is usually of the drier side, but this shampoo and conditioner combo really push my scalp to the limit. I can not use this product.
Hayley P.
Jacksonville, FL
Great shampoo! Protects color and smells fantastic! Reminds me of the smell like when you go to the salon! I just started using it. Got the 33 oz bottle from cvs and it was 27. Not saying it’s cheap! But helps color stay and smells great!
Kristina M.
Pulaski, NY
Not a bad bang for your buck. I've used it several times and haven't been disappointed. I don't personally care for the conditioner that matches it as my hair needs more moisture than the conditioner provides.
BrieAnne B.
Gillette, WY
I use this currently and I have blue hair! I have noticed a huge difference in how often I need to recolor my hair. I also don't noticed as much color bleeding while washing my hair
Catherine F.
Stockton, CA
I bought this product because it was on a really good sale for the jumbo sizes. I wasn’t too impressed with it. I felt that it was too soapy and a little harsh on my hair.
Alana C.
So I'm not exactly sure this is worth the price.. I didn't notice a real difference in my hair and whether the color was fading a lot or not.. It was a nice shampoo, lathered nicely and cleaned my hair but I would say it slightly worked on preserving the color.
Samantha M.
Enosburg Falls, VT
Oh, I love this product. My hair is damaged and I'm constantly straightening and curling and so on, so I need something to gently clean and this does it! 5 starss. Every other day is all I need!
Abby H.
I like this shampoo but I don’t love it. I am s huge fan of Paul Michell hair care and this shampoo just does not make my hair feel as good as the other shampoos in the Paul Mitchell line
Rachel G.
Lees Summit, MO
This stuff is not the greatest color protect shampoo I've tried. I've even tried garnier's whole blends color protect shampoo and I feel it makes my hair look a lot better than this stuff does. I wanted to try a higher end color protectant shampoo as recommended by my friend who's a cosmetologist, so I opted for Paul Mitchell since I know they do not test on animals. This stuff smells very nice, but unfortunately leaves my hair feeling like it's covered in grease, and it looks like I haven't washed it in days. I'll even wash it multiple times and it will still feel like I've gone days without touching my hair. I will be returning this product to Ulta soon because I can't believe how much money I spent on such a poor product.
Tiffany R.
Broken Arrow, OK
How well does this product work?
Rebekah S.
Lexington, KY
I usually use Paul Mitchell's shampoo two and love it! Has anyone compared the two?
Juana M.
I have been looking to try out a product to protect color, but have not found one yet. I'm wondering how well this product works if anyone has tried it?
Danielle W.
Aurora, CO
I have bright red hair and frequently change my hair color, does this do a better job of not stripping out bright colors?
Caroline E.
I bleached my hair and dyed it back a silvery grey color and now, after two washes, the grey is gone and my hair is blonde. Has this shampoo stripped anyone's hair or did mine just not take well to the dye?