BY PAUL MITCHELL

Buy now on ULTA
and get 2.5% CASH BACK with
powered by

Preserve that gorgeous hair color with Color Protect® Shampoo from Paul Mitchell®. Safe enough to use every day, this gentle cleanser protects color-treated hair while hydrating, strengthening and boosting shine. Plant extracts help shield harmful UVA and UVB rays while special conditioners keep every strand moisturized.

WHAT IT DOES

Cleanses color-treated hair while it moisturizes, strengthens and boosts shine.

HOW IT WORKS

Sunflower extract helps protect against sun damage, while conditioning agents and extracts hydrate and add shine.

ADDED BONUS

Helps color last longer by shielding it from the sun.

FEATURES

• Paraben Free
  • Vegan
  • Color Safe

Paul Mitchell Color Protect Shampoo
  • "I like it but I don't think it's my go to for colored hair, unless your hair has lots of natural oils because it did noticeably dry mine out." in 2 reviews
  • "It's my favorite shampoo for color treated hair and I've tried quite a few." in 2 reviews
  • "The shampoo and conditioner set for color treated hair gives me better results." in 2 reviews
  • "I was not impressed with this product, Compared to other hair products I've used that are much cheaper I feel that it is not worth the splurge." in 1 review
  • "I think that it's a great product and is very affordable as well." in 1 review
Kate G.
I absolutely love love love this product! When it says daily shampoo it isn’t joking. I have naturally very oily hair so I have to wash it everyday so that it isn’t dirty, but I also put blonde highlights in my hair as well, and normally shampoo will strip my color away because of the daily washes, but this shampoo has NEVER (I repeat NEVER) stripped my color from my hair. It’s truly amazing. I enjoy washing my hair with this because it makes me feel clean, while also feeling protected.
Katelyn M.
Romeoville, IL
I’ve used almost every single product in the Paul Mitchell collection (including pets) at some point. I used to go to a Paul Mitchell salon to get my hair done. The one thing I have to say is they’re all similar in quality - some stand out very slightly more than others, but overall there are much better salon quality products on the market. While this is a good shampoos I’d recommend opting for something different.
Hope S.
Piketon
Love this so much!!!! The feeling when your hair gets washed is amazing but this shampoo you can tell a difference. Your hair is no where near as tangly as it was before I started using this shampoo. I’m completely satisfied with it.
Kat A.
San Jose
This is a great, salon quality color protecting shampoo. It’s a little difficult to find in stores sometimes, so I usually end up getting it at salons that carry Paul Mitchell brands, but if you have a hair color like red that bleeds out easily, this shampoo is definitely worth it. It also smells really yummy!
Maggie K.
Natick, MA
I just recently bought this shampoo and the conditioner that goes with it. I have since washed my hair twice and I absolutely love it! Not only does it protect my hair from fading, but my hair feels so much softer already! The color I dye my hair makes it feel dry sometimes and these products saved me!
Sarah l.
Penfield , NY
I dye my hair a decent amount and I’ve found that this shampoo dries out my hair a ton. It becomes brittle super fast and i ended up having to use a deep conditioning mask to restore the health (by matrix). I use and love a ton of other Paul Products but this one just did not work for me.
Holly H.
Cushing
This I what I use now that I color my hair often, and paired with the conditioner I absolutely love this shampoo! My hair stylist suggested this product by Paul Mitchell, and along with the Glass Drops, and this shampoo and conditioning system...I have been using this for years!
Kara W.
Grand Rapids
As a color saving shampoo I dont think this is much better than other products out there. I didnt see too much of a difference in my color staying when using it. I also find that I have to use a lot to get it to lather and feel like Im actually cleaning my hair. It does the job but I wouldnt buy it again.
Jamie B.
Dayton, OH
We are serious shampoo and conditioner snobs. I color my fair every 6 weeks so I like that this is a color protectant and also makes my hair smell great. I can tell my hair feels like it had more volume
A✨ C.
California
I worked with this shampoo when I worked for a Paul Mitchell Salon I love it smells great keeps color in longer, it goes a very long way kinda of a thick product and for being a high end hair care line it for a very good price. Highly recommended
Tiffany R.
Broken Arrow, OK
How well does this product work?
Rebekah S.
Owensboro, KY
I usually use Paul Mitchell's shampoo two and love it! Has anyone compared the two?
Roskita S.
About how much is this??
Caroline E.
I bleached my hair and dyed it back a silvery grey color and now, after two washes, the grey is gone and my hair is blonde. Has this shampoo stripped anyone's hair or did mine just not take well to the dye?
Juana M.
I have been looking to try out a product to protect color, but have not found one yet. I'm wondering how well this product works if anyone has tried it?

back