Patak's Original Simmer Sauce Tikka Masala Curry uploaded by Allison  K.

BY PATAKS

Patak's® Original Medium Tikka Masala Curry Simmer Sauce.
Tastes of India.
An authentic Indian recipe.
Creamy tomato, lemon, cilantro & spices.
Made with all natural ingredients. see more...

• I used to use this in the UK all the time. Have they chan...1 Answers
Cathy A.
Cumberland, Me
I found this when I received a coupon to try it. Wow all of these sauces pack an unbelievable taste. And really easy.... just thaw some chicken, cut into bite sized pieces, brown and add sauce. Very quick and very delicious. Served with rice for a great meal
Dusti W.
Cheyenne, WY
When I can't do homemade (which is easy but not always affordable), my family likes this sauce well enough to ask for seconds. It is mild, so I sometimes add some crushed red pepper to add spice. Affordable and tasty.
Kelly B.
New Durham, NH
I can't say enough about this sauce. It's got so much flavor, and is so good with chicken, especially over saffron rice. I look forward to making this meal so much.
Barbara M.
Romney, WV
I did not care for this sauce. The taste seemed odd to me. I make a home made curry sauce that my family loves and this one we ended up tossing.
Alyssa M.
Cincinnati, OH
This is a staple in my house! I love Indian food and this sauce tastes delicious. It's also healthy.
Chloe G.
Folkestone

The first difference in this sauce versus the other Patak's sauce can be noticed just by looking at the label of the jar.  All the other sauces I've reviewed have been tomato based as is this one, but this sauce is creamy tomato which means that it is a tomato base mixed with yogurt.  This results in a lighter sauce color that you could almost say is orange.  As with some of the other sauces, there's a healthy amount of onion chunks in here as well, along with a more than ample amount of black pepper that is noticeable not only visually but also by its odor.  Also noticeable visually are the garlic and cilantro.  Another point of interest on this one is that even though it is supposedly creamier than the others with its creamy tomato base, I found this one to be more runny than the supposedly non-creamy sauces.  Odd.

When I took my first spoonful of this runnier sauce, the first thing I noticed was how mild this was.  Of course, after about two seconds, that flavor that I thought was mild completely changed as I was then punched in the face by a whirlwind of black pepper, cilantro and cumin.  In fact, I wouldn't classify this as medium spice at all...I found that punch in the face to be spicy, especially when compared to the American definition of spice, especially when the cilantro came on very strong at the end and punched me so hard in the face that my nose started to run..  After all that spice, a lemon tang then hit which provided an interesting balance of tomato, spice and tang.  I can't say I've ever really tasted anything that has changed its flavor so many times in the course of just a few seconds...creaminess, then mildness, then spice, then tang...it ran the whole gamut.

Sarah M.
Montreal, QC
No need to go to an Indian restaurant when you can make this at home! It tastes so authentic! Lovely spices in a rich sauce, great aroma! Soooo tasty! Cheaper than going out and you get more! Totally worth it!
Sarah O.
St, QC
I love their products!! It really adds some excitement in your weekly meals. I love using this one and the butter chicken one. I alway have it with basmati rice and when I can some naan bread as well cause that's the best part!
Paula P.
Oakville, Ontario
I am very impressed with these products. the taste is flavorful and feels pretty authentic. I like that it works with a variety of different ingredients, proteins, and sides
Lauren S.
Cautley , Sedbergh
Pataks curry sauces are lovely, very flavorsome and a nice thick consistency. The tikka masala is creamy with a little spice.
Tamara B.
I used to use this in the UK all the time. Have they changed the recipe or is it the same product exactly?

Target