BY PARENTHOOD

• I've heard so much about this show, but never watched it!...1 Answers
  • Did anyone see the movie Parenthood that the show is base...2 Answers
Carisa P.
Arlington, TX
My husband and I began watching this show on Amazon and absolutely loved it. It was different from other shows. We really liked Max, the autistic son (the actor did an amazing job). We actually have an autistic nephew. We also liked that the storyline was focused on the family doing all they could to be there for one another. I would say it's a must watch indeed. We were very VERY disappointed that the program ended so abruptly. There were so many different ways to take that show. Hopefully they bring it back!!!! Two watchers here indeed!!!!!
Stephanie T.
Tampa
If you've never watched an episode of Parenthood, do yourself a favor - watch. Just plan a few hours to binge-watch.

I'm the mom of a son with Aspergers and totally appreciated a show that featured a child with Aspergers and the challenges I faced during my life. I also appreciated the closeness the siblings in the show share - as I have a great relationship with my two brothers.

If you want a break from some of the shallow, useless crap you see on TV lately, do yourself a favor and watch Parenthood. You're in for a treat.
Meghan E.
Nashville, TN
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
My Thursday nights still feel incomplete without Parenthood to tune into. This is one of the most beautifully written shows in television history. The storylines, the characters, the emotions - everything was so real, so relatable, and definitely believable. The family felt like one of your own, and it was hard not to get attached with all of the crazy things that happened over the years - the good and the bad. I have to admit the writers found a way to make me cry almost every single episode (even if there were only two minutes left, and I convinced myself it wasn't going to happen that week.) This show will make you laugh, cry, and feel all the feels. (Also, it doesn't hurt that the music is spectacular as well.)
Aimee W.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
This is a great family drama to watch! This stars quite a few great acts and actresses from some of my favorite movies. Every episode leaves you wanting more which I am sure most shows do, but this one hits close to home with some of the troubles this family indures and some of the really funny thing that happen too. I was very sad to see the show end after 6 amazing seasons but they ended it surprising well! I haven't watched the movie this is somewhat based of but do intend to because I have heard many good reviwes about it.
Eliana S.
Easton, PA
Awesome show about family and how they get together like a lot of family in America. They have their spoiling rich family, their misnamed kids with low income and divorce issues, their family with a special needs and trying to raise a daughter who doesn't get as much attention, their family who finds out that he's a father but ends up getting done right of marrying the mother and last but not least the grandparents who stays strong for the family and deals with the situations of what is going on in the family.
Tiana C.
Arlington , VA
I love this show! This is just such a feel-good TV show. It's so real and genuine, and the trials that the family experiences are relatable. The acting is phenomenal, and the characters all have such great chemistry together. You really feel like you're watching an average American family (dysfunctional in their own way, as we all are). There are plenty of funny moments, lessons learned, and dramatic twist and turns to keep you engaged in the show. I highly recommend this show, it is a must watch for sure!
Hannah B.
Huntington, WV
My favorite part of this show is how they make the family structures very diverse, but relatable. There's the single mom, the guy that can't seem to get it together, the overachieving working mom that is trying to do it all, and the dad who has to deal with a lot of internal family problems, but still has a great looking family. You can see yourself in their family by getting a visual into their lives. I loved this show, but randomly took a break from the show and can't seem to get back into it.
Erika R.
Hialeah, FL
This was an amazingly emotional TV series that kept me wanting to watch the next episode. The family drama and connection and reconciliation its unlike anything I have seen before. It goes to show that most families are very much alike and yet different in their dynamics and we can use these shows to learn on how to handle certain situations. Also being a special Ed. Teacher I appreciate the show giving light to the struggles yet beautiful experiences of having a child with ASD.
Alyssa W.
Bel Air, MD
I started watching this in a desperate attempt to watch something else with Lauren Graham. I was hooked in the first episode. So many of the storylines are relatable and pull you in. Watching a family struggle with a child who is special needs was great to see, some of the techniques used on the show we were able to integrate with our son. I think I cry every episode. You fall in love with these characters. You feel like they are your family. I'm so glad I started watching.
Kiki J.
Hampton, VA
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I actually miss this show so much. I enjoyed all the characters on it but my favorite was Max because it actually showed someone with Autism, he had Asperger's. I would often find myself weeping while watching his scenes. Come to find out my daughter whom is 5 about to be 6 has just been diagnosed with Autism and having High Functioning. This was a great show in showing something I had no knowledge about at all and to now have a child who has it. I wish they did not take it off the air.
Hannah S.
Redlands, CA
Who is your favorite character?
Leticia S.
Arlington, MA
How many people miss this show as much as I do?
Jennifer G.
Aliso Viejo, CA
Manerva P.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
How many people watch the show
Maggie F.
Portsmouth, OH
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Does anyone else totally miss this show? I hate that they ended it.