BY PARENTHOOD

• I've heard so much about this show, but never watched it!...1 Answers
  • Did anyone see the movie Parenthood that the show is base...2 Answers
Alahni F.
Australia
I wonder why this program hasn't received the Emmy or Golden Globe nominations it deserves. The family members aren't perfect, which is one reason I love this show so much.

Even the "good guys (or gals)" make mistakes, just like we all do in real life. Each of the story lines is interesting, and every week I wonder where the writers will go with each story.

The younger actors in this series are impressive. Their acting is often subtle, which must be difficult for those who are so young to accomplish. The way they are portrayed is realistic, in that they are all likable in some way, but not so likable in others. As a mother, I appreciate the parenting difficulties which come along in this series, but I can also relate to the teenagers as they try to make sense of life. The character "Max" is truly remarkable.
Crystal A.
Kanata, ON
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I recently finished this TV series.

I think I started it a few years ago, and then stopped after the first episode. Why would I want to watch a show about parenting? I'm childfree by choice, and why would this interest me?

Then I started watching it again. And every episode just sucked me in more and more. The show made me want a family as functional and disfunctional as the Walker clan is.

Having Lauren Graham and Peter Krause also helped, as I've enjoyed their series in the past (Gilmore Girls and Six Feet Under).

There are enough adult storylines that the kid part was just there. It was parenting from baby throughout adulthood.

I loved the last episode - it just put everything together. I'm so sad that I can no longer be a part of their lives since the series is over.
Jody W.
Penticton, BC
I laughed, I cried, I got angry and frustrated and this could all happen in one episode. This is one of those few shows that come along where I become complete immersed in their world. I felt like another member of the family. We became connected to the characters in a way that felt beyond the simple enjoyment of a show. I have never missed a show after it was cancelled as much as I miss this one. I could have watched them once a week for the rest of my life. It had such a natural lifelike flow. Truely missed
Tanya M.
Woodbridge
I'm not a paren't myself but I just fell in love with the characters when I started watching. Even to me the show was so relatable because it addresses so many universal family conflicts and although the drama can seem intense at times, it's still very realistic and a whole-heartedly great show for anyone to watch! Great perspective as well on what it's like to have a family member who has Asperger's!
Flavia G.
I think this is a television series that EVERYONE must watch. It truly represents what family is all about. The life of this family is amazingly beautiful. I cried a lot during the episodes and to tell you the truth, when I knew what the end was going to be, I decided not to watch it. It's very sad. If you don't like dramas, skip it. If you enjoy good dramas full of reality, this is for you.
Chelsey B.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I really enjoyed this show, and am sad to know its over. Very well done, everyone has such a different story, and then they all come together into a bigger one with the whole family. The show covers many social issues and struggles families deal with, there is something for everyone!
My boyfriend isn't as big of a fan of the show, we watched it together, but he would often choose to binge watch something else instead. That is the only reason I knocked off a star. It is less interesting to men like him.
Melissa C.
I love this show too, among many others. Great family feel to it. The only thing that kind got on my nerves is during arguments they would tend to talk over each other. They needed a talking stick! There are many great actors and familiar faces. That's one of the reasons I checked it out. I couldn't pin point a favorite scene but all of season 4 was very emotional for me. I cried the whole season. I would recommend this to watch on rainy day. Or if you get hooked, keep calm and carry on.
Krystan T.
Brantford, ON
I LOVED this show and am so sad they chose to end the series. It was a great family drama that presented a realistic portrayal of family life that was easily relatable to men and women of a very large target demographic. Hopefully some of the new fall TV shows have the same components in them. If you have not given this show a chance, I highly recommend it! You will not be disappointed!!
Imogen S.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
This show is a perfect combination of comedy and drama. It has such humorous moments, but pulls at the heart strings like no other show on TV. Even though it's over now, it is such an emotionally drawing program that explores a family that goes through many of the tribulations of normal life!
Kelly N.
This was an amazing series. It filled the gap left from Gilmore girls ending. I loved the characters and the family drama. I'm so sad it ended. I still watch some of my favorite episodes on re run. If you like family dramas and liked Gilmore girls then you should give parenthood a shot.
Hannah S.
Redlands, CA
Who is your favorite character?
Leticia S.
Arlington, MA
How many people miss this show as much as I do?
Jennifer G.
Aliso Viejo, CA
Manerva P.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
How many people watch the show
Maggie F.
Portsmouth, OH
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Does anyone else totally miss this show? I hate that they ended it.