BY PARENTHOOD

• Did anyone see the movie Parenthood that the show is base...2 Answers
Maggie J.
Berea, KY
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
There is something incredible created in this show by all of the personalities each character represents. All of the topics tackled feel very well rounded and fleshed out. I am very grateful for having this show in my life.
Kayla A.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
My gosh where to begin on how much I loved this show!!! I have never watched a sitcom where I was attached to literally every single character in some form or fashion. The casting is just beautifully perfect and the chemistry between them all is fabulous! All though I can relate and follow each couples journey in some way I definitely globed on to Christina and Adam's family the most. The shows portrayal of their trials and triumphs as parents of a child with Aspergers was so wonderfully realistic, tragic and glorious all at once. My hat goes off to you writers and producers. I am so sad this show couldnt go on forever!
Gabriela N.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
An incredible show, my personal all-time favorite. The cast is amazing, the writing is superb and everything about it is just wonderful! Parenthood should not have ended, but the way it did was just beautiful - extremely satisfying and bittersweet. Jason Katims and the writing team really do the stories justice. Its portrayals of family life and all the struggles people go through together are done with such truth and honesty that it would be impossible to watch it and not find something or someone to relate to; you will see yourself, or your family, in these characters.

The topics Parenthood has touched on are incredibly diverse and extensive - e.g. financial struggles, adoption, job loss, pregnancy, cancer, Asperger's syndrome, abortion, starting a business - but it is never preachy or 'this is what you should do' when it is dealing with these issues, it just shows you how these people deal with it and lets you have your own opinion.

The great thing about the Bravermans is that none of them are close to perfect, they have their issues and flaws - they can be pretty frustrating sometimes but life and people are like that - it doesn't hide their faults, it works with them. The cast of this show is perfect - Craig .T. Nelson, Bonnie Bedelia, Lauren Graham, Peter Krause, Monica Potter, Sam Jaeger, Mae Whitman, Erika Christensen, plus all the others, do a fantastic job the warmth and joy they have really comes through on-screen, the relationships between their characters seem so natural and comfortable - you definitely end up feeling a lot of love for these characters!

Parenthood has never gotten the proper recognition it deserves, it was definitely a hidden treasure of the NBC lineup, but the people who did watch it, loved it and were extremely loyal to the show.Read more ›
Del Marie G.
Durango, CO
I loved this series, it was so real! The situations and the characters are perfect and so believable. The show is touching, exciting and fun without needing to use overly dramatic and unrealistic events to make it more interesting. It's really captured family dynamics, disagreements and love and it ended right when it should which is great, it's refreshing to see a show ended cleanly and not dragged thin through to many un-needed seasons
Courtney K.
Syracuse, UT
I love this series. I think it actually managed to make me cry at least once per episode. It felt so real and the show tackled some very real issues. The characters were all compelling and fun to watch. I really felt like they were also my family. I laughed with them, I cried with them, I felt their pain and their anger. Very few shows have that capability and Parenthood is one of them. Excellent series.
Colette B.
Mentor, OH
I started watching Parenthood after watching Gilmore Girls because of the actress Lauren Graham. Though not really like Gilmore Girls I still quickly became attached to the characters. It is a family drama which, as a therapist, appeals to me. I enjoyed every season and would recommend the show to anyone.
Ana R.
Garland, TX
This is everyday real life and I just love it!!!! Everyone is so down to earth.  The actors are amazing and play their part amazingly good! This is so what like "This is Us". My favorite scene is their thanksgiving dinner all together. Defenetly must watch this.
Kelly N.
Liberty Hill, TX
This is a very funny and touching show. You can go from crying to laughing in seconds. The craziness of a big family is accurately portrayed throughout the show and this make is very relatable.

I would love to watch this again and ask my friends to join.
Abigail B.
Denville, NJ
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Fans of the new "This Is Us" are sure to like Parenthood. I watched Parenthood several years ago when it was still on the air. I caught older episodes on Netflix to bridge the gap. It is definitely a drama at its core, with lighthearted family moments. Keep your box of tissues handy, this show will draw you in and bring on the tears!
Korin C.
Tega Cay , SC
This was the best thing on television for a while. It had your feelings going all over the place. It often ended with a good cry. It made me miss living close to my family. I would recommend this show to anyone with parents!
Hannah S.
Redlands, CA
Who is your favorite character?
Leticia S.
Arlington, MA
How many people miss this show as much as I do?
Jennifer G.
Aliso Viejo, CA
Manerva P.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
How many people watch the show
Maggie F.
Portsmouth, OH
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Does anyone else totally miss this show? I hate that they ended it.