Parenthood uploaded by Christina F.Parenthood uploaded by Yolanda D.Parenthood uploaded by Valerie I.

BY PARENTHOOD #40 in TV

• Never heard of this one but as a parent, I am curious! Where can...5 Answers
  • I've heard so much about this show, but never watched it! Are the...1 Answers
  • Did anyone see the movie Parenthood that the show is based off of?2 Answers
Blanca D.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
This is been by far, one of my favorite shows. The story-line and characters are so on point talking about real life issues. You get to feel like you were there and at some point, like they are talking about your problems and your family.
I understood a little bit more about Asperger, and how a family struggles to make sure their kids receive the same opportunities as other kids.
I like watching every episode, I cried with some of them and laugh with others. I fall in love with the dynamic and at times understood their personalities trough the series once you get to know every one of the characters. It was so sad at the end...but I guess the story line fall in place the way it should be.

Hayley A.
Cypress, TX
This show is amazing and paints such a realistic picture of the trials and tribulations that families go through in daily life. It’s a great family show with great actors and actresses. Lauren Graham is one of my favorite actresses because of Gilmore girls and that’s the reason I originally started to watch the show. I ended up binge watching it because of how much I loved it.
Leah J.
Grand Blanc, MI
 This show is relatable on so many levels and makes you realize how truly important family is. It is a show that made me cry with sadness and laughter all within one episode. It is a series I could watch over and over again. In fact, I watched it through twice!
Catherine I.
Rockford, IL
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
A great show that talks about real life issues not many shows do. I am sad it is over. A show that follows the parents who started it all and their four children and their families through good times and bad while tackling real life issues
Brigid B.
West Simsbury , CT
I am in love with this show. Sadly, I jumped on the bandwagon after the last episode had already aired and I'm still hoping for a revival one day! The depiction of this extended family is so well done in Parenthood. I have watched every season time and time again and am always recommending it to friends and family as a must watch show. There's something for everyone in this show. The vast diversity in personalities makes it almost impossible not to relate to the characters that make up this amazing tv family. The trials and tribulations that each family faces is so relatable and accurate to the struggles people all over the world face every single day. After just a few episodes of Parenthood, you really find yourself falling in love with this tv family and feeling like you yourself are welcomed into the Braverman clan. I would highly recommend this show to anyone reading this. Every character is so well cast and the diverse topics make it an amazing show to watch with family and friends. The topics brought up in this show are topics that we should all be discussing with our loved ones. This show does an amazing job of making you appreciate the gifts in life.
Kayla A.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
My gosh where to begin on how much I loved this show!!! I have never watched a sitcom where I was attached to literally every single character in some form or fashion. The casting is just beautifully perfect and the chemistry between them all is fabulous! All though I can relate and follow each couples journey in some way I definitely globed on to Christina and Adam's family the most. The shows portrayal of their trials and triumphs as parents of a child with Aspergers was so wonderfully realistic, tragic and glorious all at once. My hat goes off to you writers and producers. I am so sad this show couldnt go on forever!
Gabriela N.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
An incredible show, my personal all-time favorite. The cast is amazing, the writing is superb and everything about it is just wonderful! Parenthood should not have ended, but the way it did was just beautiful - extremely satisfying and bittersweet. Jason Katims and the writing team really do the stories justice. Its portrayals of family life and all the struggles people go through together are done with such truth and honesty that it would be impossible to watch it and not find something or someone to relate to; you will see yourself, or your family, in these characters.

The topics Parenthood has touched on are incredibly diverse and extensive - e.g. financial struggles, adoption, job loss, pregnancy, cancer, Asperger's syndrome, abortion, starting a business - but it is never preachy or 'this is what you should do' when it is dealing with these issues, it just shows you how these people deal with it and lets you have your own opinion.

The great thing about the Bravermans is that none of them are close to perfect, they have their issues and flaws - they can be pretty frustrating sometimes but life and people are like that - it doesn't hide their faults, it works with them. The cast of this show is perfect - Craig .T. Nelson, Bonnie Bedelia, Lauren Graham, Peter Krause, Monica Potter, Sam Jaeger, Mae Whitman, Erika Christensen, plus all the others, do a fantastic job the warmth and joy they have really comes through on-screen, the relationships between their characters seem so natural and comfortable - you definitely end up feeling a lot of love for these characters!

Parenthood has never gotten the proper recognition it deserves, it was definitely a hidden treasure of the NBC lineup, but the people who did watch it, loved it and were extremely loyal to the show.Read more ›
Del Marie G.
Durango, CO
I loved this series, it was so real! The situations and the characters are perfect and so believable. The show is touching, exciting and fun without needing to use overly dramatic and unrealistic events to make it more interesting. It's really captured family dynamics, disagreements and love and it ended right when it should which is great, it's refreshing to see a show ended cleanly and not dragged thin through to many un-needed seasons
Cari 💋.
Davis, CA
I am currently re-watching Parenthood for the second time..and yes I still cry. It's an incredible show that gives a lot of voices to such different characters. I believe that this show strives at giving each person that watches it someone to understand and sympathize with. There are lots of ups and downs, and you watch triumph and failure. And a lot of shows ignore failures, or try to candy-coat them...this show doesn't do that.
Courtney K.
Syracuse, UT
I love this series. I think it actually managed to make me cry at least once per episode. It felt so real and the show tackled some very real issues. The characters were all compelling and fun to watch. I really felt like they were also my family. I laughed with them, I cried with them, I felt their pain and their anger. Very few shows have that capability and Parenthood is one of them. Excellent series.
Hannah S.
Redlands, Ca
Who is your favorite character?
Leticia S.
Arlington, MA
How many people miss this show as much as I do?
Jennifer G.
Aliso Viejo, CA
Manerva P.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
How many people watch the show
Maggie F.
Peebles, OH
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Does anyone else totally miss this show? I hate that they ended it.