Paranormal Activity uploaded by R Lovely C.

BY OREN PELI

A haunted house makes no secret of the fact it's not pleased with its new tenants in this independent tale of supernatural horror. Katie (Katie Featherson) and Micah (Micah Sloat) are a twentysomething couple who've just moved into a new home in San Diego, CA. Katie has an interest in the paranormal and believes that malevolent spirits have been following her since childhood, though Micah is not so easily convinced. However, after several nights of loud noises and strange happenings, Micah starts to agree with Katie that some sort of ghost may have followed them to the new home. After a paranormal researcher tells the couple he can't help them, Micah decides to take control of the situation and sets up a battery of video cameras so that if a spirit manifests itself, he can capture its behavior on tape. Once the surveillance cameras are in place, Katie and Micah bring in a Ouija board in an effort to talk to the spirits, a move that deeply offends the ghosts. PARANORMAL ACTIVITY was the first feature film from writer and director Oren Peli.

samantha e.
Roseville, CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 4
I love this movie and this whole series.  I have all but one dvds and have watched them multiple times.  My boyfriend says they are stupid, and maybe so, but I enjoy watching them.  I love all types of horror/mystery movies.  I remember seeing this in theaters with my friends and not being able to sleep at night because I was hearing scratching in my walls... come to find out, it was just rats in my apartment building -_____-
R Lovely C.
Bridgeport, CT
When I saw that movie. The movie theater was packed with people. I think that's when I decided to stop watching scary movies. It was scary and you know how the sound is legit in the movie theater. My favorite scene was the bedroom scene. If you are into scary movies, I will recommend this movie.
Felicia c.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I like these movies it's a cool story but it's predictable. You know when every jump is coming. Yes after you need your mom to walk you to pee so a demon doesn't take you but it's kind of a yawn. The acting is horrible and the scare factor is ehh.
Jack L.
Staff
Brooklyn, NY
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I'm giving Paranormal activity 4 stars for reigniting the found footage / single camera category of horror in America. This was a big hit, and it was good, if a little lacking in originality in plot, and its sequels were so bad.
Alexandra S.
Staff
I watched this movie when I was in high school and was legitimately scared - I am definitely not a horror film fan but this was entertaining enough.
Sydney K.
Crystal Lake, IL
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I love this movie so much! It's scary but so entertaining to watch! So i think all of the paranormal activity movies are great!
Riah W.
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
I don't get the hype of any of these movies and I wouldn't recommend them, either. These stories don't have plot and are extremely boring. Wow, an Oujia board caught fire. A girl got dragged down a staircase. I mean?? These movies are boring and just absolutely terrible to me.