BY PAPER MARIO: STICKER STAR

Abbie Q.
Gamer Expert Level 1
I have always loved the paper Mario series. Was excited to buy this since I have my own 3DS. It's a great fun game, the stickers make it even more fun esp the "rare" stickers that you can use to clear certain parts of the levels and also use to fight the big bosses. It has the classic fun Mario story line too with a lot of help from the toads (when they aren't running away or getting picked on)
Melissa C.
Knox, PA
I heard a lot of negative things about this game so I was worried when I started playing. While the game does have some gameplay flaws I still find it highly enjoyable and addictive.

One of the biggest flaws is the battles and stickers. The battles have very little value other than collecting coins and maybe some valuable stickers. Not enough of an incentive and I find myself avoiding the battles because they can be super annoying and deplete your stickers.

If it wasn't for the fact that the battles don't give you enough rewards in the way of building your character then I wouldn't mind the battles at all. They are enjoyable and the stickers are a interesting way to battle.

Boss battles are a chore as well and thing stickers are shoe horned in the gameplay. The very few times I've been truly stuck I looked at a guide and avoided hours of trail and error. Made the game much more enjoyable and I only looked at a solution about 2 times in my 20 hours so far.

Now to the positive. The graphics are great and really gives you the idea of paper and cardboard.

The music is also great with good remixes of old classics.

Gameplay even with flaws is addicting and has the collecting aspect with the secret doors and the sticker museum which challenges you to collect all the stickers in the game and even achievements.

Characters and dialog have that great Paper Mario charm as well.
Zack Z.
Austintown, OH
The Paper Mario series as my title mentions was a chance at something different in the Mario realm. Stick Star is no different, offering a unique way to play both Mario and an RPG. While difficult to fully grasp at first, the game progressively gets easier as you learn the locations of the best stickers -- which act as your attacks. The story lacks a bit when compared to the other games in the series but overall, its an enjoyable experience and a great addition to the 3DS game library.

My biggest gripe would be the boss battles. You have two options when fighting: Find the one sticker somewhere in the current world to make the boss battle super easy, or don't use the sticker and struggle to even dent the boss. The "key item" aspect to the bosses shouldn't be mandatory, they should simply help.
Catherine N.
Jonesboro, GA
I enjoyed the idea of collecting stickers. Although at first this game sounds sort of childish, I will have to admit that I had to look up some walk-throughs to make sure I didn't miss a certain item or task to complete the world/mission. Those little stickers could be hiding anywhere! Also, at first I had trouble getting the hang of how the stickers worked in battles, like how much damage they're supposed to take away, and what boots and hammers work on certain enemies. It was all trial and error though but I found myself hoarding stickers just in case I unluckily fell into a battle. The huge "thing" stickers' effects are pretty cool but those are pretty much the highest attack you can have. Overall, the game play was fun and the storyline was predictable but cute.
Stefanie H.
Kenosha, WI
I have been an avid Super Mario fan since I was a child. I have played all the games in the Paper Mario series, some of them several times. I would say that the version for GameCube is probably my favorite. I was anxiously awaiting the release of this title for the 3DS for many months. I bought it immediately and had played through it very quickly. The size of the game was simply limited by the handheld platform. It simply was not as extensive as its predecessors in the series. Still a fun game though!
Winter E.
I've loved Paper Mario since it's first introduction but this one just wasn't the same. There is Paper Mario for the Nintendo 64. Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door for the GameCube, Super Paper Mario for the Wii, and then there's...this. I feel like this game was missing something. Don't get me wrong. I anticipated it's release and played it when I got it but I was a tad bit disappointed. It was okay though, can't say I hated it when I did play the entire thing.
Donna X.
I've been an avid fan of the Paper Mario series after being introduced to the Gamecube edition, which was definitely one of my favorite all time games. Paper Mario: Sticker Star, is definitively a charming game, but lacks the overall stellar storyline. Not to mention that they removed the partner system, one of my favorite elements in the previous series, to focus more on the sticker aspect.
Jessica V.
Rio Grande City, TX
Mario is my favorite games of all time this is game is really easy to play and to get my boys are in love with this game. The whole sticker theme is so fun and engaging specially for my 5 year old. I would totally recommend moms to get their kids this game.
Jamie M.
I love Mario games and I played the paper Mario game for GameCube as a kid and it was great. I bought this game for my boyfriend and he let me play it once and I couldn't put it down. I didn't have a 3DS at the time so I had to beg him to leave it with me so I could play it. I beat this game before he did, it was that addicting!
Jessica K.
Palo Alto, CA
Ahhh, Paper Mario: Sticker Star is so cute! And I guess Paper Mario in general is super cute. For me, the graphics are really important, so this game was a great fit for me. It's also not a difficult game and is very similar to other Mario games. The storyline is just alright (i.e. Mario is the hero), but it's just a very cute game. If you expect it to be a super thought-provoking game with amazing graphics and audio, you will be disappointed, however.