BY PANTENE #37 in Conditioner

Presenting the gold standard in moisture, developed by scientists and perfected by stylists. Pantene Gold Series Moisture Boost Conditioner’s rich conditioning oils absorb into hair for softness and brilliant shine. Infused with argan oil, this paraben-free, sulfate-free, and dye-free formula starts building resilient strength*, moisture, and flexibility with your first wash.

Stylist Tips: In shower, remove excess water after shampooing. Squeeze a quarter-sized amount of conditioner into palm, and rub hands together to emulsify the formula. Finger-comb conditioner into hair, starting mid-shaft all the way down to tips. Then work moisturizing conditioner from root to tip, making sure hair is completely covered. Use a wide-tooth comb to gently detangle saturated strands. Rinse thoroughly. Then comb once more through now fully rinsed strands. Towel dry.

*strength against damage

I received the
Pantene Pro-V Gold Series for free in an Influenster VoxBox to provide my
honest review.

The Pantene Pro-V Gold Series Collection targets
African-American relaxed, transitioning, or natural hair, an was even
co-created with African-American scientist and stylist. According to Pantene,
this “collection is powered by Pro-V nutrient blends, and protective condition
and repair agents formulated to work together to improve moisture strength,
elasticity, smoothness and shine.”

First Impression:

When I opened the package, I got hit with an awesome scent.
One thing for sure is that this product smells amazing! Each item says that the
product is infused with argan oil and is for dry, damaged hair. I check the
ingredients label, and unfortunately there’s not much argan oil in each
product. At first look, I’m already disappointed with the shampoo because it is
not sulfate free because sulfate is drying to my hair. The conditioner and
butter-crème, however, are both sulfate free.

Moisture Boost Shampoo:

As expected, the shampoo may have cleansed my scalp, but it
completely dried my hair out in the process. After rinsing the shampoo out, my
hair texture was not soft like it usually is, and I even felt as if my hair was
more tangled than when I began my wash day process.

Moisture Boost Conditioner:

I used more than half of the bottle of conditioner to soften
my hair for appropriate detangling. If the shampoo hadn’t been so drying, this
probably would not have been necessary. Regardless, I found that the
conditioner did not provide enough slip for me to fully detangle my hair.

Hydrating Butter-Crème:

Since a wash-n-go is my go-to style, I decided to use the
butter-crème as my styler in the same manner as I use other stylers for my
weekly wash-n-go’s. It provided me with great day-one hair, however, it did not
hold my curl pattern or lock in moisture. I was completely unimpressed with my
day-two hair.

Bottom Line:

I will not be purchasing products from the Patene Gold
Series. I really wanted to love this product, but for me, it fell short on too
many notes. My hair was left dry and brittle, and I ended up having to give my
hair a DYI deep condition treatment mid-week. Pantene’s Gold Series did not compare
to the moisture and style longevity I received from other products in the same
price range (even if they also contained sulfates!). I've even gotten better results from other Pantene product lines.
Kari M.
Kari M.
Columbus, OH
Beauty Junkie Expert
* I received this product free from Influenster for the purposes of reviewing it honestly and providing feedback. *

This conditioner is great. A little goes a long way and it is fantastic for detangling. It also does not have the heaviness that other conditioners tend to have and makes my hair very manageable.  I love the smell too! It reminds me of summertime at the beach! I've had more than one person tell me my hair smells so good! ha!

I was worried initially because often traditional black hair-care products are too heavy for my hair, but this one was just right. My hair texture is naturally curly with dime-sized ringlets that I can straighten with a high-quality straightener with relative ease without a relaxer. This product may not have the same effect on other hair textures. If yours sounds like mine though, I definitely recommend giving it a try.

My true test was going to Hawaii for a week where I was in the ocean, surfing, out in the sun, washing my hair almost every day- all of which can be really drying. The attached picture is from Hawaii and my hair is LAID :)  Thanks Pantene!

* I was also using 2 other Pantene products in the picture: Gold Series Moisture Boost Shampoo & Hydrating Butter Crème. Pantene Pro-V Gold Series Moisture Boost Shampoo, 9.1 ozPantene Pro-V Gold Series Hydrating Butter Crème
Brandy H.
Brandy H.
Atlanta, GA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Soooo.... I just received my Pantene Gold Series voxbox compliments of Influenster... originally I was pumped I have seen the advertising everywhere. Now I have used Pantene before and they always produce a quality product but I am sad to say that today they missed their mark. On the comment card included they express how a decade of research with top African American scientists and stylists in the field is supposed to have helped them create the perfect product for bringing that much needed moisture back to kinky and curly hair. This product does not do that.

I am so offended by this product because in its ingredients are chemicals that actually cause Black hair to break and dry out. Also the scent is completely overwhelming. Through the shrink wrap it smelled amazing and light but as soon as you use it the fragrance something between syrupy mangoes and Victoria secret body lotion gets everywhere and is so sickly sweet that it was a battle to make myself actually complete the entire conditioning system.

The conditioner claims that it instantly softens and is able to be finger detangled which again it was not. There was zero slip and my hair felt just like I had shampooed it. The butter was better . Meaning that it didn't have as strong as a scent but again I did not feel the moisture o get when I use regular argan or coconut oil or even just my as I am leave in.

Again I can not express how dissatisfied I am especially since I have used Pantene before
Buba M.
Buba M.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I got my Pantene Pro-V Gold Series Moisture Boost conditioner as part of the collection together with the Pantene Pro-V Gold Series shampoo and Pantene Pro-V Gold Series crème. I like the line and how amazing it looks.
Appearances aside, it smells heavenly. I started off with the shampoo with works up an amazing lather. My natural hair falls to my shoulders and I noticed that with this shampoo, I use a lot less product than I do with other shampoos. It gave my hair a good clean and and beautiful scent. Also it doesn’t over dry the hair like a lot of shampoos do. My natural locks were left feeling moisturized and smooth.
Next I applied the conditioner after sectioning my hair. I applied it from roots to ends and gently detangled my hair with my fingers.
I let the conditioner sit for about 20 minutes before washing it out. The conditioner left my hair feeling soft and smooth and very hydrated. I really love how it works. Make sure you rinse it out completely with some warm water.
I completed my routine with the crème. I also applied that in sections and after each application, I twisted the hair and let it air dry all day. My curls looked amazing and my hair felt very soft.
Brittany B.
Brittany B.
Garden City, MI
Beauty Junkie Expert
I received this product from Influenster in exchange for a review.

This was my first time using Pantene products and I was not impressed by this conditioner.  I would probably give this a 2.5.  It was super thin and watery.  As someone with thick, curly hair (I included a crappy pic of how much hair I have) this was a no go.  I used almost half the bottle and it felt like I had hardly anything in my hair.  It's not good for detangling at all.  I ended up rinsing it out and putting a mask on.  After rinsing it out my hair felt soft, but I'm not sure if the conditioner really did anything.  I also didn't like that it was in a tube especially since the shampoo had a pump.  Didn't really make sense.  It also doesn't smell as good as the shampoo did. I will not be repurchasing.
Alison G.
Alison G.
Sacramento, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I received this product as part of the Pantene Pro V Gold Series Voxbox to test for free and provide my feedback. The last time I used any Pantene product Iwas the Relaxed & Natural (the dark brown labeled line) and I thought it was a mess. I was open to trying a new line specifically formulated for natural hair.

I absolutely love the smell! It's a nice light scent, but, doesn't smell like chemical nor over powering. I didn't have to use too much product for it to do it's job. It recommended a "quarter size" amount to apply to hair. I had to use more than that. Well...because my hair soaks up conditioner, so, a quarter size of any product barely coats my ends alone. I love how this product made my hair pliable  to be able to detangle and work out any tangles.

Only con I have to bring up, as with the shampoo from this line, is the amount of chemicals in this product! I'm surprised! 10 years of study led to this poor selection of ingredients? That is the only thing that would make me weary of spending money on this. Other than that, great product!

Aishah B.
Aishah B.
Rosedale, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
Before starting the review I'd like to say that I received this in a VoxBox from Influenster for free for reviewing purposes.

I am natural and I have used Pantene products before. I was excited to know that I was chosen to receive this voxbox because with the products from Pantene I've used so far I've been happy with.

Pantene Gold Series is a line designed for African American hair whether it be relaxed, natural or transitioning. It's supposed to provide strength and moisture.

The conditioner in this line inline the shampoo is sulfate free, as well as paraben and dye free. I liked that. The smell is a strong scent but you get used to it.

The conditioner was able to return some of the moisture that I felt the shampoo took away that's why I gave it three stars instead of two. It wasn't able to add a lot of moisture so my hair still felt striped. It did help with detangling but I used more than the quarter size the back of the bottom recommends .

Overall the product is ok. Not sure if it's recommend and I probably wouldn't purchase this.
Breanna F.
Breanna F.
Pine Bluff , AR
Beauty Junkie Expert
I received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes. I received the Moisture Boost Shampoo, the Hydrating butter creme, and also the Moisture Boost Conditioner. The whole product line is overall great. it does exactly what it says.

The Shampoo is the BEST shampoo I've ever used. As soon as i applied it, it started to moisturize my hair and it was instantly easy to detangle. Which never happens with shampoo. I also like that it has a pump.

The conditioner did not actually provides the instant softness after one wash as it stays on the bottle. It with probably better if i used it as a deep conditioner instead.

The hydrating butter creme would be a product that i will actually go to the store and buy because it is that great! It made my curl so pretty and even after I did a twist out and fluffed my hair , the product didn't make my hair stiff! i love it !!
Desirae O.
Desirae O.
Auburndale, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
I received this product compliments of Pantene and Influencer for review. I realllly liked this conditioner! I have a low cut, type 4b/c hair, and it's colored on the top. When I tell you the way this melted on my hair! I immediately was saying oooh, wow, oh, wow! It had enough slip thatbI could detangle/comb through with a fine tooth comb. It felt very moisturizing and nourishing. Even better than the conditioner that came with the hair color. It also had a great scent, but not overpowering and washed out really well without visible residue. I'm a fan. Ill definitely keep using this one! Pantene Pro-V Gold Series Moisture Boost Conditioner
Lex P.
Lex P.
Dallas, TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
Okay, as I said in my review for the Pantene Pro-V Gold Series Shampoo, I was not that optimistic about the results from this group of products.  And, once again I was terribly shocked by how much I LOVE this product.

After I shampooed, I used the conditioner and I tried to follow the instructions as best I could, meaning I ONLY used a quarter sized amount of conditioner.  Which I just KNEW was not going to be enough for all the hair on my head.  I am used to using a palm full of conditioner!  I kid you not! The quarter size amount was ENOUGH!  I was sooooooooo shocked.  It went through my hair easily.  I finger combed (instead of using a wide tooth combed as the instructions directed) and was shocked at how quickly my tangles were gone and how light and smooth my hair felt.

This is an amazing conditioner!  I will definitely be keeping this in my wash routine!  Once again, GREAT job Pantene! :)
Anneke K.
Anneke K.
Bonita Spgs, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
How many times a week do you use conditioner?
Amaya G.
Kaitlyn M.
Kaitlyn M.
Mountain pine, AR
Beauty Junkie Expert
I'm really wanting to try this, did this help moisturize your hair ? Who recommends ??
Katravia F.