BY PANTENE #4 in Leave-In Conditioner

Presenting the gold standard in moisture, developed by scientists and perfected by stylists. Luxe argan oil infused moisturizing and hydrating crème melts into wet or dry hair to soften and tame frizz. Sulfate-free and dye-free. This crème will give you up to 72 hours of rich moisture that every curly and straight style craves.

Stylist Tips:
Start with detangled damp or dry hair.
For Natural Textures: Apply a dime-sized amount of crème to palm, and rub together to emulsify. Pull through curls to infuse moisture and shine.
For Relaxed Hair: Use on dry hair. Apply a dime-sized amount at night before wrapping hair. Cocktail with Gold Series Intense Hydrating Oil for even deeper moisture.

Shalin T.
Shalin T.
Lake Charles, LA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I received the Pantene Pro-V Gold Series for free in an Influenster VoxBox to provide my honest review.

The Pantene Pro-V Gold Series Collection targets African-American relaxed, transitioning, or natural hair, an was even co-created with African-American scientist and stylist. According to Pantene, this “collection is powered by Pro-V nutrient blends, and protective condition and repair agents formulated to work together to improve moisture strength, elasticity, smoothness and shine.” First Impression:When I opened the package, I got hit with an awesome scent. One thing for sure is that this product smells amazing! Each item says that the product is infused with argan oil and is for dry, damaged hair. I check the ingredients label, and unfortunately there’s not much argan oil in each product. At first look, I’m already disappointed with the shampoo because it is not sulfate free because sulfate is drying to my hair. The conditioner and butter-crème, however, are both sulfate free.  Moisture Boost Shampoo:As expected, the shampoo may have cleansed my scalp, but it completely dried my hair out in the process. After rinsing the shampoo out, my hair texture was not soft like it usually is, and I even felt as if my hair was more tangled than when I began my wash day process.

Moisture Boost Conditioner:I used more than half of the bottle of conditioner to soften my hair for appropriate detangling. If the shampoo hadn’t been so drying, this probably would not have been necessary. Regardless, I found that the conditioner did not provide enough slip for me to fully detangle my hair.

Hydrating Butter-Crème:Since a wash-n-go is my go-to style, I decided to use the butter-crème as my styler in the same manner as I use other stylers for my weekly wash-n-go’s. It provided me with great day-one hair, however, it did not hold my curl pattern or lock in moisture. I was completely unimpressed with my day-two hair. Bottom Line:I will not be purchasing products from the Patene Gold Series. I really wanted to love this product, but for me, it fell short on too many notes. My hair was left dry and brittle, and I ended up having to give my hair a DYI deep condition treatment mid-week. Pantene’s Gold Series did not compare to the moisture and style longevity I received from other products in the same price range (even if they also contained sulfates!). I've even gotten better results from other Pantene product lines.
Brandy H.
Brandy H.
Atlanta, GA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Soooo.... I just received my Pantene Gold Series voxbox compliments of Influenster... originally I was pumped I have seen the advertising everywhere. Now I have used Pantene before and they always produce a quality product but I am sad to say that today they missed their mark. On the comment card included they express how a decade of research with top African American scientists and stylists in the field is supposed to have helped them create the perfect product for bringing that much needed moisture back to kinky and curly hair. This product does not do that.

I am so offended by this product because in its ingredients are chemicals that actually cause Black hair to break and dry out. Also the scent is completely overwhelming. Through the shrink wrap it smelled amazing and light but as soon as you use it the fragrance something between syrupy mangoes and Victoria secret body lotion gets everywhere and is so sickly sweet that it was a battle to make myself actually complete the entire conditioning system.

The conditioner claims that it instantly softens and is able to be finger detangled which again it was not. There was zero slip and my hair felt just like I had shampooed it. The butter was better . Meaning that it didn't have as strong as a scent but again I did not feel the moisture o get when I use regular argan or coconut oil or even just my as I am leave in.

Again I can not express how dissatisfied I am especially since I have used Pantene before
Kari M.
Kari M.
Columbus, OH
Beauty Junkie Expert
* I received this product free from Influenster for the purposes of reviewing it honestly and providing feedback. *

I received this product as part of a trio of Gold Series products - The Moisture Boost Shampoo & Conditioner and this Butter Crème.

The Shampoo and Conditioner I absolutely loved for regular use whether I plan to wear my hair curly or straight that particular day. Regardless, it lays my hair and I cannot say enough.

For this product though, I really only enjoyed it when wearing my hair curly. I found that it gave me a softer texture any my curls seemed much more manageable when I used it.

When I wore my hair straight, for some reason it changed the way my ends lay. They felt thicker somehow and less responsive to styling tools. It was harder to get them to curl with my straightener and to straighten to begin with. I stopped using it after about a week and just used the Shampoo and Conditioner and LOVED the result after straightening. Then I added it back in when I wore my hair curly and LOVED the result there.

The take-away- if you regularly wear your hair curly - this is a good product for the price point for increased definition and softness. If you're more of a straight or flat-iron styled kind of gal on a daily basis, you can skip this portion of the line and still enjoy the fantastic benefits of the rest of the Gold-Series line.

My true test was going to Hawaii for a week where I was in the ocean, surfing, out in the sun, washing my hair almost every day- all of which can be really drying. The attached picture is from Hawaii and my hair is LAID :)  Thanks Pantene!

Bryana H.
Bryana H.
Beauty Junkie Expert
The Hydrating Butter Creme was the frosting on this moisture rich hair care cake! The smell of it is not as good as the shampoo and conditioner but still nice. It sealed in the moisture that was provided by the conditioner and allowed for more definition in my curls that were being a bit more stubborn and frizzy. I could see the life this product was giving my hair and I was all for it. I let my hair air dry and it was beautiful! My curls were a little tighter than I normally wear them so I used the blow dryer to stretch from the roots a bit. I loved this product because it wasn't heavy and didn't leave my hair feeling stiff. My hair was able to blow in the wind and be fabulous and I didn't have to worry about any frizz attacks for the night. The next day my hair was still just as defined as the day before. I pineappled it for a bit to stretch them out, and was happy to find that I was able to retain my definition while giving myself back some length and adding volume. I posted two day one pics and one day two pic for you guys to be able to see the difference.

All in all, I enjoyed the trio of the shampoo, conditioner, and butter creme. My hair did too!

Alison G.
Alison G.
Sacramento , CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Oh, no, baby...what is you doing? LOL. I had to get that out real quick! First things first: I received the Pantene Pro V Gold Series Hydrating Butter Creme as a complimentary item to test and review as part of the Gold Series Voxbox.

I used the shampoo, conditioner, and this creme that came part of the Pantene Pro V Gold Series Voxbox. No other brand products were used to avoid any affect of the performance of this creme.

My first issue: smell. This creme smells NOTHING like the shampoo and conditioner from this line. This had an unpleasant, chemical smell to it.

My second issue: consistency. The consistency of this creme was not of a creme I'm used to from any natural hair line. This didn't feel like a creme (or a cream, whatever the difference may be). It had the consistency of a body lotion. It felt like I was running body lotion in my hair. Not very thick.

My third issue: it does not absorb. At all. It sat on my hair and made it feel greasy. It never penetrated my strands. My hair looked dry, and I had a lot of dry, fly aways at my hair line after using this product. I'm going to have to use some Cantu or Eden Bodyworks over this creme...it did absolutely nothing for my hair!

I really didn't want to give this a bad review. I love the shampoo and the conditioner from the Gold Series. This creme didn't add up and drags the whole line down. I can only hope this line has a leave in conditioner that can be used after conditioner and before this creme. Pantene should scrap this, and go back to the lab and START OVER!!! I'm definitely not spending money on this!

Aishah B.
Aishah B.
Rosedale, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
Before starting the review I'd like to say that I received this in a VoxBox from Influenster for free for reviewing purposes.

I am natural and I have used Pantene products before. I was excited to know that I was chosen to receive this voxbox because with the products from Pantene I've used so far I've been happy with.

Pantene Gold Series is a line designed for African American hair whether it be relaxed, natural or transitioning. It's supposed to provide strength and moisture.

The scent of the butter creme is not overwhelming like the shampoo and conditioner in this line. It's a very light smell which I liked. It is sulfate free( on this line some products are sulfate or paraben free and others are not, not sure why that is) dye free and claims to offer 72 hours of moisture.

When I used the products first it was on damp hair with no other product. On the bottle it suggests a dime size amount. There's no way that a dime size could fully moisturize my natural hair. I'd said I just maybe a dime size amount for every section I did. I styled my hair in a twist out, not sure how many twists. When my hair finally air dried I wouldn't say the strand were hard it still was moisturized . I'm not sure of the 72 hour moisture because I took down the twists with jojoba oil but the twist out came out fine.

I'd have to say that out of the three items in the Pantene Gold Series voxbox the hydrating butter-crème is that best. I'd purchase and recommend.
Monique R.
Monique R.
Atlanta, GA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Pantene Pro-V Gold Series Hydrating Butter Crème I was very highly impressed with this product. It, like the shampoo and conditioner, has an amazing fragrance. I applied it to smooth my hair before placing in a ponytail. Typically I do not use hair creek because they are tend to be really greasy and make my hair feel dirty even just after washing but this did not do that at all. It added to the moisture from the shampoo and conditioner and still never made my hair feel weighed down but rather easier to manage and style. However, I did notice about 5 days after use, my scalp was extremely dry which I why I couldn't give it 5 stars. I don't know if it was just this product or if it was a combination of using this as well as the shampoo and conditioner but I definitely noticed a decrease in the amount of moisture that my scalp was able to retain after a few days which is weird because my scalp usually produces an excessive amount of oil but it could have just been that my scalp was not used to the new products. I did overall like this product.
Lex P.
Lex P.
Dallas, TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
So, per my other reviews for this series, I was not too optimistic about the results for these products.  I tried this butter creme on two different types of days.  The first day I tried using it on my hair that hadn't been washed in a few days to see if would bring some life to my hair.  My hair at this point was dry and pretty limp.  I only use products like this for my night time ritual.  I put the product in and do the oh so fun pineapple on the top of my hair to maintain my curls while I sleep.

So, I did my usual routine and since I wasn't sure how much to use, I used the amount that I am use to using with my other night time cremes.  This was a mistake.  It definitely provided necessary moisture and shine, but when I woke up in the morning my hair looked a tad greasy and was weighed down by the product.  So this was not a GREAT first usage.

However, I tried again after I had used both the Shampoo and Conditioner from the gold series.  The next night I only used MAYBE a dime sized amount and that was definitely the right amount.  When I woke up the next morning my hair had so much life.  It was bouncing and shiny and I could not have been happier!

So, my conclusion is that you DO NOT need a lot of this product to get the desired results.  For once, and I know my fellow curler enthusiasts can attest to this, you don't need a palm full of product to get what you're looking for.  I definitely recommend! :)
Nia H.
Nia H.
Beauty Junkie Expert
So, I think I was a little bit too excited for this product. It was super hyped, I saw the commercials for it, I saw reviews for it on Youtube, etc. Anyway, I co-washed my hair with the conditioner, then used the buttercreme. My hair was already t-shirt/towel dried (so a bit damp), and I added the product. Honestly, this product was kind of similar to most other natural products I use. Immediately after, my hair was pretty soft, as was the morning after. BUT OMG Please don't use a lot of product, it will leave your hair super oily. I have 3b, 3c, 4a hair and it moisturized, but even after sealing with oil, My hair was still super dry by the end of the day. I also wish it came in a pump bottle. Most naturals have to manipulate their hair in sections to detangle and moisturize, so it was a little annoying to keep having to stop and open/close.
So to recap: pros- smells wonderful, ok slip, good for detangling. Cons- gets oily with more product, should be in a pump bottle, needs to be a bigger size, needs daily use.
Chell B.
Chell B.
DALLAS, GA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I received Pantene Gold Series voxbox compliments of Influenster.
I really love the consistency of the hydrating butter, it's more of a hair milk consistency which I enjoy. I like that it easily distribute throughout my hair. I had a failed wash n go so I decided to add the butter and try a braid out instead. Despite the gel in my hair my braid out came out very soft (pretty frizzy but that's just how my hair likes to do). The major con for me with this product is the ingredients. I have been natural my whole life and the major difference between my hair now and back then is I don't use products that have sulfates, parabens, or anything I can't easily discern. Even though I liked the results I'm going to be cowashing my hair today because I'm fearful of leaving anything in my hair that has unnatural ingredients in it. But that just me, if you're not a crazy person about ingredients (like me) then def give it a try for yourself.
Katravia F.
Katravia F.
Does it smell good?
Cheyenne W.
Cheyenne W.
I'm wondering if it will leave my hair feeling heavy and oily after??
Katelyn V.
Katelyn V.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Does this work? I have dry dry hair and scalp
Kalaeja F.
Kalaeja F.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Pantene Pro-V Gold Series Hydrating Butter Crème it works well for my thick hair does anyone with thinner hair use this? How does it help your hair?
Yanelis C.