BY PANTENE #81 in Shampoo

Specially-formulated shampoo for color-treated hair helps keep color radiant without weighing hair down.

Fights fade-out. 100% body. Zero weight.
Turn up the volume and keep your color loud and clear. Remove buildup without weighing your hair down.

USAGE:
WHO: Great for color-treated hair lacking body
WHEN: Gentle enough to use daily
HOW: Lather into wet hair; repeat if you want to. Follow with Color Preserve Volume Conditioner for added volume.

Ingredients
Water, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Glycol Distearate, Laureth-4, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Xylenesulfonate, Fragrance, Dimethicone, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Tetrasodium Edta, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Polyquaternium-6, Panthenol, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

• Does it really preserve color as it says it does?1 Answers
  • I have been coloring my hair for about 6 months . I want my color...1 Answers
  • I've been using this for about three weeks and it's the only prod...1 Answers
  • "It really helps with making the color on my hair last longer." in 1 review
  • "I have pin straight, very fine hair and I could tell the difference when I use another shampoo." in 1 review
  • "And i t also works well to protect your hair color for color treated hair!" in 1 review
  • "Wondering if does smell good when I use it for my hair." in 1 review
Julia P.
Evansville, IN
I absolutely, seriously love this product. My hair is so scratchy sometimes, rough to the touch, and just doesn't want to do anything right. However, this shampoo makes my hair soft and manageable and give me the volume I so desperately need. I am one of those unlucky girls who has tons of hair but it's really thin... and colored because I'm way too young for gray hair. I have to be really careful with products that are too heavy, so my hair doesn't get flat and greasy looking. This shampoo does the job. Sleek, smooth hair without the weights. Silky, with lots of volume but not enough to make me look like a 80s Texas pageant failure. It leaves my color in tact so I'm not having to damage my hair by coloring too close together, either!
Thank you Pantene Color Preserve Volume!
Julia C.
Indianapolis, IN
I love this Pantene Color Preserve Volume shampoo and conditioner and the way it leaves my hair. I color my hair monthly to cover the gray and it leaves my hair feeling damaged and dry to the touch. this product leaves my hair feeling soft and easy to manage. The conditioner doesn't weigh my hair down so I can wear it natural or styled with heated hair tools. I feel it helps to retain much of my color in between touch ups. The extra volume is a huge plus as well.
Danielle K.
Moscow Mills, MO
I'm a true Pantene customer. I've been using their products for years! I tend to color my hair very often and really prefer the Color Preserve line. It really seems to hold the color of my hair, while also repairing the damage/harshness from the often coloring process.

Until I ever find another product similar to the price and quality that Pantene provides, they'll always have my business!
Tracy H.
I have been using Pantene for awhile and I've been really happy with it. The smell is great and I always get compliments that my hair smells good. The price is also very reasonable and this product can I found at most grocery and shopping places. I love that it helps preserve my color and helps provide volume. I have flat, fine hair, so I need all the help I can from my products.
Angie J.
Macomb, MI
I been using Panteene products for long time. Decided to use color preserve volume shampoo hoping it would preserve my color longer. The shampoo cleans hair well but did not really preserve the color didn't see difference. Volume was OK did not really see big difference I have fine hair. Overall experience I will not purchase this particular item again.
Emilia P.
Carpentersvle, IL
I have to say i tried this shampoo and at first it left my hair feeling really soft when i got out the shower but once my hair dried it was soo dry felt stiff it wwas really harsh on my hair i would not buy this again nor would i recommend to friends and family.. I was just not happy with this particular pantene and i usually like pantene.
Michelle D.
Dayton, OH
For a store quality shampoo (and conditioner) this does an amazing job of helping slow down the color bleed!! I love reds and they are the worst when it comes to fading, but my color still looks good nearly 6 weeks later!!! It smells good, gets my hair nice and clean, and is very lightweight! I'd definitely recommend!
Bethany A.
Citrus Heights, CA
I love the scent of Pantene Color Preserve, and the formula is silky and creates a nice lather. It cleans my hair well, however I can not say that it helps to preserve my hair color as it claims. I have not noticed a difference between this shampoo and other Pantene formulas in regards to at home color preservation.
Katrina G.
E Los Angeles, CA
This is my favorite Pantene shampoo/conditioner set. Definitely preserves color especially if you're like me and you box-dye this makes it last so much longer than it normally would with any other shampoo. As for the volume, I already have voluminous hair and this makes sure that my hair stays that way.
Jordan M.
Fort Worth, TX
I don't necessarily need a lot of extra volume because my hair does have volume. But some days my hair feels so flat. I'll buy this when I feel like a need that extra boost. It works great and smells amazing. That's one thing I can always count of with Pantene. All of their products smell so wonderful!
Tricia J.
Scranton, Pennsylvania (PA)
Does anyone else seem to have the problem of this product pulling your color out rather than preserving it?
Mckensie L.
Yakima
Does it work for damaged hair??
Nancy G.
Indianapolis, IN
I have been coloring my hair for about 6 months . I want my color to last longer and stay bright. Have any of you use this product to fight fading out? Cons and pros?
cristal S.
Fullerton, CA
I've been using this for about three weeks and it's the only product I put in my hair. does this make your hair frizzy?
leanne r.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Anyone else have products with sensitive skin while using this product?