BY NONE

When young ofelia and her mother go to live with her new stepfather on a rural military outpost, she finds herself in a world of unimaginable cruelty. Soon ofelia finds the creatures of her imagination in which she used to escape have become a reality and she must battle them to save her mother and herself. see more...

• Whose your favorite character and scene! For me it was a ...3 Answers
  • I haven't seen this movie. Is it good?1 Answers
Pan's Labyrinth (Widescreen) (Special Edition) (New Line Platinum
  • "i can litteraly say that this is one of my favorite movies , it takes you on a rollercoaster of emotions." in 7 reviews
  • "The audience does not know if the supernatural is real or if it is a coping mechanism the little girl has created to live with her harsh life." in 4 reviews
  • "It definitely is a must see! " in 2 reviews
  • "The dark ambiance combines with the supernatural elements to make an amazing dark fairy tale." in 2 reviews
  • "Its unique and different, but yes it is subtitled but it is so worth watching it!" in 2 reviews
Antonia V.
Chowchilla, CA
I have watched this movie numerous times and I don't get tired of it. Definitely one of my favorite movies. It's a must! Even the kids will love it. Pan's Labyrinth
Alessa P.
Fayetteville, NC
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
That little girl in the movie made me so mad throughout the whole movie. Her mistakes cost a lot of people their lives and she should have just did what she was told. Aside from her I liked the monsters in the movie. They were really cool and different from your typical monsters. This movie was pretty interesting to watch overall.
Glenda G.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
This is a perfectly structed and beautifully creating filmwork from Guillermo del Toro.He is one of my favorite directors and visual artist in all his productions. I consider the entire movie to be my favorite scene, there isnt one scene that isnt historicaly or visualy stricking. I recommend it to all my movie goers and cinema fanatics.
John S.
Pop Culture Expert Level 5
This is one of the most visually dazzling films you'll ever see. The magic and mystery and invention of the visual effects and the creatures in this are unbelievable. And one of the most remarkable aspects of this is that so much of that is simply owed to the work of "body actor" Doug Jones as various characters. The combination of special effects with Jones's movements as the strange and evil monster the Pale Man, with eyes in the palms of his hands--it's ice-cold chilling. The fascist real-world aspect to the story is a bit of a downer, but that is what gives the movie its meaning. I'm not sure what that meaning is, because the only way the ending can be seen as happy is if we see the movie's fantasy as another reality, concrete and breathing. But the movie's depth comes from the contrast between reality and fantasy.
Paula Z.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
This movie came out when I was a child and I remember perfectly that I use to believe it was completely different than what it really is; I get scared a little and yet could not stop watching it . After a few years I decided to watch it again and just love absolutely everything that was in it: The story , the characters and the scenery . Today it is one of my favorite and whenever I have the chance to see it , I do.
Brittany G.
whittier, Ca
I can honestly say that this was one of the best movies I've ever watched and I am super picky about my movie choices. The time period and horrors of war intergraded with all the dark whimsy, fairy tale and child like imagination all mixed together was perfect. This movie was definitely an A+ for me.
Angelica L.
La Pryor, TX
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
This movie was made very well. It was visually stunning with a story line that was taken from a twisted fairy tale. I loved how the ended made it seem as if it was all made up to cover up what was going on around her or is she really was a princess.
Janina C.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I loved this movie. I thought it was just SO interesting. I also went into it thinking it was a kids movie. Nope! I definitely wouldn't sit down and watch this with the young kids (it's pretty dark). However the storytelling is amazing. Fair warning, it is in Spanish. It does have excellent subtitles. Would definitely recommend!
Cecilia D.
Arvin, CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
This is one of my favorite movies! The plot is a dark supernatural fantasy that is tied in with the reality of of a little girl. The audience does not know if the supernatural is real or if it is a coping mechanism the little girl has created to live with her harsh life. This is a fantastic movie for adults who love fairy tales; however because of the dark plot I would not recommend this for children!!
Allyssa D.
Denham Spgs, LA
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
This movie was always "the horror" movie when I was little. I was always so scared of it and would have to close my eyes the entire time. Now that I am an adult, it's a little hard for me to watch but I still love it and it brings out so many good memories of slumber parties with my cousins!
Ashley F.
Detroit, MI
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Whose your favorite character and scene! For me it was a tie between Fauno and Pale Man! Both played by Doug Jones. I personally loved the ending! It keeps you guessing whether or not it was real or in her head all along!
Allison C.
Youngstown , FL
I haven't seen this movie. Is it good?