BY PANERA BREAD #5 in Dining

US chain featuring bakery products, sandwiches, and salads.

• What’s your favorite thing on the menu??? Mines the broccoli chedda...2 Answers
  • It's my first time here what should I get??3 Answers
  • Is getting a panera card worth the work of signing up for it?39 Answers
Buy on Jet.com
  • "The You pick 2 is never enough for me, the pastry isn't fresh and quiet frankly - being a fairly fast food place they are quiet pricy!" in 112 reviews
  • "Panera is some of the best comfort food around and I can't resist a bacon turkey bravo sandwich and a cup of broccoli cheddar soup." in 109 reviews
  • "Panera Bread is one of my favorite places because the prices are decent, the food is good, the green tea is AMAZING, the service is quick, and it's a nice place to get work done on my laptop." in 60 reviews
  • "Panera Bread has been one of my favorite places to relax, do homework, eat, people watch, and interact with friendly people since 2003." in 50 reviews
  • "Although I do like Panera every once in a while, there have been a few times when I wasn't pleased with what I got, bagel with cream cheese, they would not allow me to exchange it for something else because I took one bite." in 48 reviews
Vicki P.
Vicki P.
Great, clean food, though often their menu boards are not terribly clear and are sometimes in a completely different place to where you're actually ordering! I find it helpful to figure out what I want before I go in, especially if I want to customize something. I like that I can get half sizes of sandwiches and salads, or the mix and match option is also a great option. I also always get the dressing on the side for the salads, because I found that often they give you too much and it just drowns everything.
The app is useful - when it works. I like to be able to use it to customize even if I don't actually use it to order, and it's a good way to keep track of any rewards on the card. Card rewards are great, and I really appreciate that you have a long time to use them in.
I'm also pleased that they seemed to have moved beyond the phase where it seemed like EVERYTHING was smoked - with smoked turkey and ham, with smoked cheddar, with a smokey sauce of some description (only slightly exaggerated!)
The kid's menu is a bit lacking though.
Sonis G.
Sonis G.
Aurora, CO
gave it a four only because there prices are a high, but they do provide a lot of value. Some menu items I can't get enough of, Mediterranean veggie sandwich, Thai salad, Asian sesame salad, black bean soup, and the broccoli cheddar. Oh and there kettle chips are terrific. I hardly ever get a drink because it's already expensive enough. Their bread selection is great, the asiago cheese loaf is great and I highly recommend a grilled cheese with tomato on it! Their chocolate bagels are great, all of their bagels really. What sets Panera above the rest is the food quality and atmosphere; it's so cozy and pleasant. I have to say I love the chicken in their salads, it doesn't taste fake or heavily processed something that I can't say at a lot of other establishments. I have bought their Balsamic at Sams Club and I wish they would also release the Thai and Asian dressings!
Emily H.
Emily H.
Panera is reliable, affordable, and provides a number of easy ways to order food. The food hands down favorite item is the Steak and Arugula Sandwich, $9.29 but have ordered various salads and sandwiches and all have proven to be solid choices. I absolutely recommend the online ordering process: delivery.panerabread.com… The menu is easy to read and navigate, allows for customization of orders so that you're able to see ingredients, and includes the nutritional information of every menu item. Not to mention, you're able to see when they're out of something. It was a sad day when I wasn't able to chow down on some French Bread, but it was a lot less painful to shed a single tear while ordering from my phone than being told of the tragic loss in person. Ambiance: casual, not always completely clean inside but the staff makes a fair attempt to keep up with the pace.
mandi b.
mandi b.
Foodie Expert
Besides Atlanta Bread Company, this place is probably the best chain with baking and espresso options available at all business hours, It is a chain restaurant, but it is maintained like a small, local franchise.I love that there are freshly baked bread items, including quiche and souffle offered at all location for breakfast. The only problem I have ever had with this establishment is their ability to re calibrate their bagel slicers. Sometimes you would get a bagel slice completely wrong, but they would not take the time to readjust the slicing machine. Being a part of a restaurant similar, this makes me angry. I have offered to help employees to turn the simple dial that changes the settings, but to no avail. However, the overall experience is wonderful. Love the flavor choices and the prices are moderate to affordable.
Hannah V.
Hannah V.
Berwyn, PA
Foodie Expert
I love Panera Bread for its hot food. Their soups, bowls and pasts are always delicious and the price is right! I know that no matter where I am, the food will be consistently good and relatively fast. It is the perfect place to find comfort food. I also love their bakery items. I always get a dessert for $0.99 with a meal because their cookies are so good! Their bagels are also great and they offer deals a lot where you can get a free bagel or baked good for Panera Rewards members. I recently received an email from Panera saying that rewards members could get a free bagel every day for the month of January!

We get a lot of Panera catering at work and I'm not a big fan. However, I really don't like sandwiches. So I probably wouldn't like it anyway. But I always enjoy the salads that come with the catering.
Jenny K.
Jenny K.
Yarmouth Port, MA
Panera is one of my favorite places to eat,instead of the usual fast food option.my kids love the Mac and cheese and cheddar broccoli soup.o almost always get the pick two ,ham and Swiss and cheddar broccoli soup and a iced green tea.its pretty affordable about $27 for me and both kids,which I pretty good considering its heartier and better tasting then something from McDonald's .plus the rewards program is great you get great deals every so often ,right now they have a eat twice in June get one pick two free(plus they already give the first so you really only need to buy one meal and the other is free next time.which I have to use soon) they are usually always pretty clean to which is a big plus.
Kelly G.
Kelly G.
Calera, AL
Foodie Expert
I absolutely LOVE panera. In fact, I've gone there twice this week and it's only Wednesday! My boyfriend and I have always been on the cautious side when it comes to what we put in our bodies. I also have a weird texture thing so fast food turns me off 98% of the time. When we eat at panera we almost always feel good about what we're eating! Antibiotic free, healthy options, lower calories than it's fast food counterparts. Also, we love the to go option. Being able to order it ahead of time and pick it up when it's ready is so convenient. Can't say enough good things about Panera! Only wish there were more rewards given. I spend so much money and maybe get a dollar off every few weeks.
Jamie Rose S.
Jamie Rose S.
Foodie Expert
I love Panera bread and I honestly would eat here everyday if I could afford it because they have such a wide variety of yummy items on their menu that you wouldn't ever have to eat the same thing twice. This restaurant has something to offer just about any palette with their soups, salads and sandwiches, but with a full serve barista/bakery attached, your almost certain to leave satisfied. Although they're a bit on the pricey side for a fast-food café, the quality of their food keeps you coming back because it is consistent and a much healthier alternative to traditional fast-food chains. I highly recommend trying it out, you won't leave disappointed of hungry!
Ashley S.
Ashley S.
Foodie Expert
I used to love Panera, but over the past 4 years I have grown to dislike it more and more lately. It is somewhat pricey, especially for a fast food place. A meal and a drink can easily cost $13 per person. Also, often times people perceive this as a healthy place to eat, but if you do not pay attention you can consume as much calories, fat and sodium as you would at other fast food places (McDonald's, Chick-fil-A, Arby's). The only difference between Panera and those places is the fact that your food isn't fried (and supposedly more fresh).

My favorite items to get there are: Bacon Turkey Bravo, Broccoli Cheddar Soup, Frontega Chicken Panini, BBQ Chicken Salad
Jen F.
Jen F.
Cutler Bay, FL
Foodie Expert
I like Panera and enjoy the salads and soups. My son likes their selection of sweets. I drink their ice tea and it's always fresh and tastes good, not too bitter. I eat their Chicken Avocado Cobb salad and I love the Bacon Turkey Bravo sandwich. The tomato basil bread is delicious. I always get the French Onion Soup .It is a bit salty, but delicious. If I'm by myself, I get the Pick 2 and it's the perfect amount of food. If I'm with my son (3 yrs old), I get a big salad and the soup and he shares it with me. He eats the chicken and avocado out of my salad and there's enough for both of us. They are not heavy handed with the dressings and I like that.
Amanda C.
Amanda C.
Estero, FL
Favorite soup from panera?
Elizabeth R.
Elizabeth R.
Tualatin, OR
Is getting a panera card worth the work of signing up for it?
Michelle L.
Michelle L.
Pittsburgh, PA
I need recommendations. What's your fave thing?
Angelique D.
Angelique D.
Oakland Park, FL
Foodie Expert
I'm so hooked on the everything bagel that I rarely try anything else. Anybody have any recommendations that are not bagel-related?
Alyssa T.
Alyssa T.
Highland, CA
What is your favorite kind of soup from Panera during the winter?