BY PALMOLIVE #5 in Dish Soap

Palmolive® Original Dish Liquid.

Tough on grease, Soft on Hands®. see more...

• Does anyone else that uses palmolive sometimes have an oily film ...4 Answers
Reviews (1964)
Buy on Jet.com
  • "The smell brings back memories of my mother singing and dancing in the kitchen and washing dishes lol... Dishes small clean are are clean" in 1 review
Brittany H.
I use to love this dish soap until I found out that there is a poisonous chemical in it that can not be rinsed off by water, even after you rinse all the soap off the chemical stays on what you washed. My nephew was vomiting for a couple days so my brother brought him to the doctor, when he told the doctor what dish soap they used she told them to stop! If you read the back of the bottle it says "if swallowed callpoison control",every other soap I've ever used just says to drink water! Stay away from this product!
Tamara V.
Easley, SC
This is a tried and true product. The best way I have found to wash dishes is in this order
1. Always rinse dishes before putting them in the sink.
2. Run a sink full of hot water and palmolive.
3. Put the desired dishes in to soak. Letting them sit for about 30 minutes tops works the best for me.
4. If the water gets too cool let some out and add fresh hot water.
5.when washing the dishes by hand, after using this method makes for a relatively easy and simple job of washing with very little product needed.
Lorraine G.
Palmolive dishwashing liquid is a classic and a favorite. It is a thick formula with long lasting soap. It is very effective in cleaning, removing grease, and odors. This product lasts a long time. Plus, it is gentle for the hands and nails. It can be used in soaking nails while manicuring, just a drop or two. Also, can be used for soaking handwashables and delicate clothing (make sure fabrics can be washed, read labels first). It will leave a nice perfumey scent. Price is good and worth it.
Emily N.
Alexandria, VA
I have a set of knives that I am very crazy about not putting in the dishwasher, so I use a lot of dish soap. I bought this and really liked it. It was on sale, but it is pretty good value even if it were not on sale.It works really well to get all of the food off and when I use it to soak pots and pans it really works well to loosen stuck-on stuff. I would buy this again. Here is a tip: you can find smaller bottles of this at Dollar Tree.
Ella C.
Jamaica Plain, MA
This is my favorite detergent for handwashing dishes. It rinses off the dishes very well and doesn't leave a soapy scent on them. Even though this Original, it still doesn't take a lot to wash dishes. I remember the old commercials with Madge the manicurist and she would have clients soaking their hands in Palmolive because it's supposed to be gentle. I don't know if it is any more gentle than other dishwashing detergents, but I like it.
Jenny P.
Seattle, WA
This product works pretty good. The smell is decent and it removes grease pretty easily. The price is often better than other dish detergent and it also seems to be available in multiple stores. One thing I don't like about it, is the formula is really viscous or maybe the bottle makes it difficult to control the amount that comes out. Then you end up with extra soap you don't need or it gets built up on the lid.
Winnie L.
Bellflower, CA
I used to use this product before. It is a brand name that you recognize anywhere. The detergent works as it should, but the smell is not that great and it does leave your hands a bit dry after washing the dishes. I bought it in places like Walmart, Target, etc. I would recommend this detergent to people that don't mind the smell. Better test the smells before buying it, and also better wear gloves when using it.
Laura T.
Palmdale, CA
Since this product came out, all members of my family use it. the smell reminds me of my grandmother, I was kind of used to using it, then when i tried others I was able to really tell the difference, It leaves your hands so soft, as if it was made for your hands rather than your dishes, then you see it in action and see why this product will remain in my family. takes all scum and grease left behind.
Maritza M.
I recently just started using this brand and smell. I actually REALLY like it. It's affordable which I love! You get a huge jug of dish soap for a cheap price and it lasts a long time! I like to refill my old smaller dish soap bottles with this! It doesn't leave my hands dry, it does a good job cleaning the dishes, and the smell isn't bad either! I highly recommend this dish soap!
Carlee Y.
Wichita, KS
Palmolive original dish soap is a good value. This is what we use at my job and it does get the job done. It isn't too pricey which is why with getting the job done, I think it's a good product. However at my household I would opt out for a different product with a nice smell and spend a little extra to get my dishes clean without using as much. Overall I would recommend.
Lana A.
Chickasha, OK
Does anyone else that uses palmolive sometimes have an oily film in their cups?