BY PACIFIC

Rosemary Potato This is a truly timeless soup with a surprising and delicious rosemary twist.  Each bit is luxuriously rich, creamy and full of flavor with just the right amount of potatoes, onions, carrots, celery, and cream.  Accompany with a side salad and fresh bread for a delicious alternative to the usual fare. Easy to Pour Reclosable Shake well Just pour, heat, and serve After opening, keep refrigerated and use within 7-10 days. Good To Know Gluten Free All Natural Vegetarian Packaging Made From Renewable Resources The Delicious Taste of Nature™ At pacific Natural Foods, we care deeply about what we make and how we make it.  As a family-owned natural foods company founded in 1987, we remain dedicated to creating the most delicious tastes from what nature has provided. Pacific Natural Foods exclusive Certified to the Source® program t

• It's easy to prepare and customize to your liking, for example ad...1 Answers
  • What do u like to add to help with flavor5 Answers
Buy on Walmart*
Veronica S.
I am no stranger to Pacific Foods or soup products in general. I eat a lot of this manufacturer's items and I consume many varieties of soup. Of late, Pacific Foods has been producing many new flavors of soups that lack attention to taste and consumer friendly packaging. This rosemary potato chowder is one of these newer soups and it was a big disappointment for me.

My dislike of this soup began with the packaging. It is one of those fold and tear type of cartons where you pop the sides up and take a knife or pair of scissors and cut off the top to remove the contents. These cartons are not consumer friendly. It is difficult to remove the product without some of the contents spilling as you tear off the top. Pacific has soup containers which come with a capped spout. The capped spout on other containers allows the consumer to pour what they need and refrigerate the rest. Alas, with this container, you need to pour all of the contents and put what you don't need into a tupperware dish -- thus creating more dirtied dishes in your life.

The second disappointment was the appearance upon pouring. I definitely eat food first with my eyes. When I poured the soup into a bowl, there were giant curds intermingled with oily broth, carrots and celery. This soup is made with milk so I am guessing that was what caused the curds. I had to use a whisk to break them up. After heating the soup, the base was still very oily. See a photo of the soup in the product image gallery.

The third disappointment was the taste and texture of the soup. The soup is oily, filmy and I don't think it is thick enough to be called a chowder. The manufacturer was very light on the use of rosemary. I wouldn't call this a rosemary potato chowder.
Allison P.
San Rafael, CA
I am a fan of Pacific Naturals Organic soups. They come in an assortment of delicious flavors and their stocks are amazing as well. This is my go to brand at the store. It is well packaged, convenient and easy to find at my local grocers. Sometimes I embellish with extra toppings, depending on the soup for that home made feel, such as fresh herbs or a little pesto or garlic. However, this is probably the least of my favorites.
Kila R.
Poway, CA
I love the Pacifica Organic soups. I do tend to feel I need to add a little water to them to cut down on the salt. They are comfort soups, and I'd love to try this one as well if it is ever offered as organic. The Cashew Carrot Ginger is probably my favorite. I like to throw in some cilantro and a few slices of avocado. Giving this four, just because it's not the organic option.
YANNI D.
Clayton, NC
Delicious soup with just the right amount of spice. Could use more veggies in it though but still good! It's hard to find at the local stores so I ended up getting a few cans at a whole foods store locally.
May K.
San Rafael, CA
I do love this soup! Easy to pour and deliscious, comes through in a pinch when you are tired but looking to serve a delicious meal, just add some garlic bread and a salad and you're ready to go.
Ashley L.
Very yummy and easy to cook. I bought a couple of them and ate them as is and with some of the others I added to chicken it made a perfect creamy gravy on the chicken.
Jessica D.
Hailey , ID
I'm not a big fan of rosemary but this chowder was delicious. The rosemary wasn't overpowering and the spices mixed well together. I myself added bacon and cheese to the chowder. Yummy.
Hilary M.
EDMOND , OK
These aren't bad but they're not great either. It's pretty much what you would expect a boxed soup to taste like. Pretty overpriced for the quality and taste.
Tina J.
Seriously yummy yummy yummy in my tummy
best mashed potatoes i ever had
my whole family loves it so much
its easy to make and customize to your liking too
sarah c.
Grants Pass, OR
This is my favorite Pacific soup i have tried. It is hearty, warm, and comforting on a cold day with savory rosemary flavored creamy potato chowder.
Tanja M.
Redding, CA
What do u like to add to help with flavor
Janie R.
It's easy to prepare and customize to your liking, for example adding more vegetables of your choice. Good taste as well !