Home & GardenLaundry SuppliesOxiClean
OxiClean Washing Machine Cleaner

OxiClean™ Washing Machine Cleaner

NULL

Does this product work? Is it worth the money?
I have never used this before. Does anyone know how well these work?
Start your review of OxiClean™ Washing Machine Cleaner!
Amber B.
Georgetown, TX
Home Sweet Home Expert Level 1
OxiClean™ Washing Machine Cleaner uploaded by Amber B.
Purchased at: Walmart
Not good. I usually use Plink but they were out. The entire drum was covered in residue and this is running on the clean cycle so very hot. I’m now running a second one of vinegar to try and clean it up.
Lovely S.
Purchased at: Amazon
Works nicely especially for a machine that has to wash oily clothes, or dirty muddy..etc... it helps get gunk and scum out that stuff you don’t see under the drum. You can see the difference! For tougher cleaning I add multiple purposes cleanser and use with hot water I also some times add something that suds so the bubbles rise and get to the top without having to use too much water.
Kara F.
Elkton, MD
Purchased at: Amazon
I ordered this product on Amazon as it was the most affordable option compared to the Affresh brand and other options. It also had pretty good reviews as well. Upon receiving it, I learned from reading the directions that I needed to use one packet per week for a month...which is what the box I ordered supplied me with. 4 total packs. So I did as the directions stated, adding one packet of the oxi clean powder directly into the washer tub. I turned my washer dial to the option to clean the washer. Once the cycle completed, which was about the same amount of time as it took to wash a regular load of laundry give or take, I opened the washer immediately to check out the results. I was very very pleased with the initial results as my washer was certainly in need of a good cleaning. My washer tub was definitely shining and appeared brand new! The only one complaint I did have was that where my fabric softner goes in the machine, at the top part of the agitator, was quite yucky with built up softner from past loads that was all gooky n icky. The water with the oxi clean cleaner clearly does not reach that far up thus it was not cleaned. But I still gave this product a 5 star review since it still worked incredibly well. I was able to easily lift out the reservoir for the fabric sofner and easily clean it with dish soap and warm water...so it wasnt that big of a deal anyhow. I will note that upon using this product once a week for 4 weeks for heavily soiled washing machines, you can purchase the 4 pack box n then only use a packet per month thereafter....which makes this product an even more incredible deal. Oh and judging by the reviews on Amazon, many of them claimed that the scent of this powder was way too strong and was rough on the nose...i personally did not agree with this as I noticed a fairly strong cleaner like fragrance, but did not find it to be anymore harsh than your average cleaning product.
Danielle R.
I purchased this product at Target because it was on sale. I typically use the Tide Washing Machine Cleaner- and it works very well. This did not help clean my machine as well, and it seemed like my machine smelled mildewy within a week of using it. The Tide Cleaner works for the whole month. I'm disappointed and will go back to Tide now that I used up the last packet.
Rebecca G.
Home Sweet Home Expert Level 4
OxiClean™ Washing Machine Cleaner uploaded by Rebecca G.
I recently moved into my first home and bought my first washer dryer. It was a big investment so I want to do what I can to maintain it. I purchased these at target and they are worth the money. The directions say to use it once a week for three weeks then once a month. I’ve done everything as directed and it’s been working great for me. The tub always looks cleaner after using this.
Laura K.
Cincinnati , OH
Home Sweet Home Expert Level 1
My HE washer got really stinky and after using this product and follow the instructions to get it clean my washer has no mildew or nasty smell. I’ve used other washing machine cleaners and this one stands above their rest.
Jodie L.
California, MD
Purchased at: Target
I really like using this to wash out my washing machine. Sometimes you have clothes that are covered in dirt, or metals and this cleans it before the next load goes in! It’s great to keep up with washing your machine out 😊.
Kate T.
Purchased at: Target
Works great and super simple! Empty into washer and run on advised cycle. Nothing complicated and you end up with a clean, fresh washer! I use this once a month.