BY OXFAM #67 in Philanthropy & Volunteering

Ellie H.
England
I've been volunteering in an oxfam bookshop over the past 7 months or so. It's been fun, rewarding and I've gained loads of experience. It's also great to put on my CV as I have no other work experience, and you do not need any qualifications or anything to work in an oxfam store. I mainly sort, price and put the books, DVDs and music onto the shelves but there's much more involved! If you'd like to volunteer just go in store and say hello, they'll give you an application form and you can choose when and how often you work to suit you!
Hazera B.
London, Greater London
We have Oxfam here in the UK and I must say they are always looking for willing volunteers to help around the place. Dedicated team of people who serve humanity and nothing more makes me warmer inside. Go team humanity!
Darlene B.
I , ON
1953 reviews
I'm not famiIiar with oxfam america but,I read that they help the community in need anyone who helps out their community is always appreciated by me
Ashley O.
This is a great organization who has passion for those in need.
Nicole G.
I have overheard some people at my work talking about this. Before that I had never even heard about it
shahana a.
sheffield, south yorkshire
Oxfam is an amazing organization and is an great charity! doing better for the world
Tina J.
Great charity organisation. I like have a look and get something as a surprise when walking buy.
Georgia J.
UK
Oxfam is a wonderful charity to donate to, the money goes to those in need. If you can't afford to donate just use old clothes and furniture or stuff you no longer want to need and take it to their shop where they can then sell it, all money goes to the charity and the workers are sacrificing their time voluntarily to help others.
Theresa A.
Waterford, MI
I have never heard of Oxfam what do they assist with?
Darienne T.
Miami Gardens, FL
What volunteer opportunities do they have? Easy to be apart of it? Any opportunities in south Florida
Sheena M.
Pomona, NY
What is your mission statement?
Deosha A.
Philadelphia, PA
Is this a good charity?
Stone G.
Will like to be volunteer in one of oxfam shop in England, any opportunity ???