BY OXFAM #68 in Philanthropy & Volunteering

Miranda V.
Good Samaritan Expert Level 4
This is such a good company, and they make a difference in so many peoples lives. And I’m glad that influenster includes charities in their website so people can express how appreciative they are for the people involved!
Sarah G.
Arvada, CO
Good Samaritan Expert Level 1
My experience with this organization is limited to an Oxfam dinner in college. It was an eye opening experience about the food inequalities the world faces. When you see it all laid out in front of you on a plate, it really shows you the struggles those in extreme poverty face.
Brianna M.
Good Samaritan Expert Level 1
LOVE THIS ORGANIZATION! I love their mission and I stand with it 100%. They don't just give people things they assist people with being sustainable for themselves which is how things should be done. They advocate for human rights and stand in solidarity with so many groups. One day I hope to work for this amazing organization.
Connie F.
Talladega, AL
This seems to be a reaaly great cause for the American people, because it helps in many many ways. It helps those that are in less advantaged to having the things in life that they need to sustain a good life. When they need tools and things to work the land to have food and raise their own and donations are made for this cause in lots of countries and areas. Gives thems a means of having fair trade and also medicines for their sick and clean water in areas where it is much needed. It is a tax deductible organiztion and one that would be good to know more about.
Amie A.
Bay Shore, NY
I have been a member of Oxfam for a few years. The work they do to help improve the lives of the less fortunate is amazing. They don't just hand out food, water, but help ensure families have a means of supporting themselves moving forward. Just like another reviewer, I have also given donations in family members name and it has always been well received.
Jennifer M.
Fredericksbrg, VA
I had trees planted in my dad's name for his birthday and he absolutely loved it. He thought it was great to give back since we have so much and he said it was his favorite gift. After you use them once though, they send you tons of letters in the mail which is think is a waste of paper and resources. Would be better if they just sent an email.
Sarah H.
Carmel, IN
I joined Oxfam when I was in undergraduate at Ball State University. My favorite thing about Oxfam is they don't simply try to just provide a family with short term help such as one meal but long term help by discovering what the underlying problem is and attempting to solve.
Carolyn G.
Phoenix, AZ
One year I got my mom a gift (bee and goat donation) from Oxfam America Unwrapped and it was one of her favorite gifts ever. Your gift can go a long way and last longer than most things you can buy from a store
Corina B.
Aliso Viejo, CA
These guys know what they are doing, it is a huge international organization working to improve the world and eliminate poverty. That is one of the best causes I've ever heard of!
Lisa S.
Rochester, MN
I am just learning about this one. Oxfam America seems to be a great charity for African american people and helping them sustain a better quality of life and I am all for that!
Theresa A.
Waterford, MI
I have never heard of Oxfam what do they assist with?
Darienne T.
Miami Gardens, FL
What volunteer opportunities do they have? Easy to be apart of it? Any opportunities in south Florida
Sheena M.
Pomona, NY
What is your mission statement?
Deosha A.
Philadelphia, PA
Is this a good charity?
Stone G.
Will like to be volunteer in one of oxfam shop in England, any opportunity ???