OverDrive, Inc. OverDrive Media Console – Library eBooks and Audiobooks uploaded by Juanita P.OverDrive, Inc. OverDrive Media Console – Library eBooks and Audiobooks uploaded by Tori B.

BY OVERDRIVE, INC.

Read eBooks, listen to audiobooks, and watch streaming video from your library using OverDrive Media Console (OMC) on iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch. More than 28,000 libraries worldwide offer titles via OverDrive, so download the app and add your library today. · Available 24/7, your library never closes. · No more late fees. Titles are automatically returned. · Place holds, create wish lists, and return titles easily. · A valid account with a participating library, school, or other institution is required. · Each library builds its own collection of titles. Contact them directly to let them know that you’re using OMC and to share any suggestions for books you would like to see them carry. Sync recent position, bookmarks, and Adobe ID across devices using your OverDrive account. Please note: · OMC v3.0 (or newer) must be installed on all devices. · OMC v3.1 (or newer) is required to sync Adobe IDs. · OMC v3.0 must be authorized with the same Adobe ID on all devices. · The same OverDrive account and Adobe ID must be used to log in on all devices. · Titles must be downloaded to all devices. see more...

• Can you get audio books with this I've tried do it through my lib...5 Answers
  • Do you check out books through Overdrive? Do you like it? 4 Answers
OverDrive, Inc. OverDrive Media Console – Library eBooks and Audiobooks
  • "Setup does take a little bit of effort so I will give them a little ding there, but overall, for free content on a free app, this is pretty great. " in 1 review
  • "As someone who has an hour long commute to work every day, it's been a lifesaver and a great way to learn something during downtime." in 1 review
  • "This is a great app that many public libraries use to lend their ebooks." in 1 review
Tori B.
Step 1. Get a library card

^ Step 1 is that hardest part.

After that, you connect to the app and read for free. You might have to wait for newer, more popular books. But free is so good, y'all. Especially for avid readers who would have spent time saving for those books!
Anna K.
Brooklyn, NY
Techie Expert Level 1
I really love Overdrive! It makes borrowing books from the library hassle free.. especially if you have e-reader like a  Kindle Paperwhite , thought you can just use your smart phone. Popular books that have a waitlist of 50+ people I can usually get immediately as an eBook, and I never have to remember to return my book!
Sidnie S.
This was a game changer for me. Before I was a die hard, "No ebooks!" person. But my local librarian recommended this app to me right before I had eye surgery two years ago so I could download some audio books too help me pass the time while I was recovering. It was really one of the best things to ever happen to me.
I can download books to read offline, books to listen to when I'm at work or at the gym, and it really is super easy to use. I recommend this app to anyone and everyone. It really has changed my reading life. I can also sync it up to my Goodreads account so it makes keeping track of what I'm reading super easy.
Katherine K.
This is my favorite reading app but unfortunately what good is an app that crashes when I try to import books from a file? It's really frustrating because I'm so used to the layout of this app and so I'm pretty attached to it but it infuriates me when the app just crashes and refuses to import something almost every time i try. I don't know if this is a result of the last update but I was hoping they've fixed this problem in the 2.5 years I've been I've been using the app.
allyn s.
Glendale
Let me start off by saying, I am not the reading type. I absolutely love this service. I always hear people talk about these cool books they read and I've always wished I was a reader so that I could read those books. But now I can sit, drive, exercise, even cook while listening to an plethora of books from fiction to cook books. All you need is to download the free app and a library card from your local library, and you are good to go.
Cassandra R.
Canal Winchester, OH
Do you like to read? Do you not have the time to read and feel like your missing a part of you?? (An avid true reader will feel this way) Look no further than this app, paired with your library card you are introduced to a Neverending plethora of knowledge and fungible fantasy. Download and enjoy while someone reads to you.
Becky R.
Ogden, UT
Techie Expert Level 1
I feel like not enough people know about this. Overdrive allows you to sync your phone to your library card and check out ebooks and e audio books digitally the books automatically return themselves, so there’s no late fees. I use this app daily and I absolutely love it!
Jamie H.
I'm a major bibliophile who have a lifestyle, health, and book blog. This app has truly revolutionized the way I read on the go. After you connect your overdrive account to your local public library account you are able to download ebooks and audiobooks to the app and read as you like on the go. For those of us who don't want to shell out of an Audible subscription or who are weary of an Kindle Unlimited account, overdrive is an excellent way to get you read on without the added cost. As long as your library account is current and in good standing you never have to set foot in the brick and mortar building-- Overdrive will cover all of your leisure reading bases!
keren a.
lake arthur , LA
Techie Expert Level 3
This app has everything a library have. Books, audios, movies I mean everything you can find at a library I highly recommend it and you will definitely find what you are looking for here.
Tom R.
I have used this app several times in the past when going on a trip. The library is fairly extensive around me because the local libraries have purchased quite a few digital titles. If you're not sure if you like digital or audio books, get this app and use it for a while. If you already like the digital or audio books, this is a great and cheap way to read a lot of books you may not have had access to or would have needed to shell out a ton of money for. Setup does take a little bit of effort so I will give them a little ding there, but overall, for free content on a free app, this is pretty great.
Michelle W.
Ocala, FL
Can you get audio books with this I've tried do it through my library but I can't figure it out
Tina S.
Clinton Twp, MI
Do you check out books through Overdrive? Do you like it?