OverDrive, Inc. OverDrive Media Console – Library eBooks and Audiobooks uploaded by Tori B.OverDrive, Inc. OverDrive Media Console – Library eBooks and Audiobooks uploaded by Juanita P.

BY OVERDRIVE, INC.

Read eBooks, listen to audiobooks, and watch streaming video from your library using OverDrive Media Console (OMC) on iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch. More than 28,000 libraries worldwide offer titles via OverDrive, so download the app and add your library today. · Available 24/7, your library never closes. · No more late fees. Titles are automatically returned. · Place holds, create wish lists, and return titles easily. · A valid account with a participating library, school, or other institution is required. · Each library builds its own collection of titles. Contact them directly to let them know that you’re using OMC and to share any suggestions for books you would like to see them carry. Sync recent position, bookmarks, and Adobe ID across devices using your OverDrive account. Please note: · OMC v3.0 (or newer) must be installed on all devices. · OMC v3.1 (or newer) is required to sync Adobe IDs. · OMC v3.0 must be authorized with the same Adobe ID on all devices. · The same OverDrive account and Adobe ID must be used to log in on all devices. · Titles must be downloaded to all devices. see more...

• Can you get audio books with this I've tried do it throug...5 Answers
  • Do you check out books through Overdrive? Do you like it? 5 Answers
OverDrive, Inc. OverDrive Media Console – Library eBooks and Audiobooks
  • "This is a great app that many public libraries use to lend their ebooks." in 1 review
  • "As someone who has an hour long commute to work every day, it's been a lifesaver and a great way to learn something during downtime." in 1 review
  • "Setup does take a little bit of effort so I will give them a little ding there, but overall, for free content on a free app, this is pretty great. " in 1 review
Sam S.
O Fallon, MO
I used this app all the time when I worked at my old job. I listened to a lot of audiobooks during the day and this was great for that. It works in conjunction with your local library or whoever your library card is with. I just select the book and 'download' it to my bookshelf. There are times where I wish the app could tell me what books I've listened to recently and how far I am in the book. There is also the issue that it doesn't always want to start playing from my lock screen. But really, this app is gold. I use it so much and have saved so much money just because I can listen and read books from my local library all the time. I don't think I'll ever let this app go. Plus, there is no such thing as late fees. YAY!
Pamela S.
Travelers Rst, SC
Techie Expert Level 2
I am an avid reader and often read upwards of 5 books a week. This app has saved me so much money and introduced me to some great books. You are confined by the selection of your local libraries, but you can join multiple ones if they are available to you. You only have 7 days to read a book, but you can renew it if no one else has a hold on it.
Caroline D.
Kingston, PA
I use this app to download ebooks for free from local libraries! This app has made it so much better for reading! I’m able to find most books on here and borrow them for about 2 weeks then they disappear from my device. This has saved me so much money!
Stephanie C.
Lorain, OH
Techie Expert Level 2
This by far is one of my favorite ebook and audio book apps. I love how you have access to thousands of books without ever leaving the home. You can even email in and request books through your library and they will let you know when they are available.
Sidnie S.
This was a game changer for me. Before I was a die hard, "No ebooks!" person. But my local librarian recommended this app to me right before I had eye surgery two years ago so I could download some audio books too help me pass the time while I was recovering. It was really one of the best things to ever happen to me.
I can download books to read offline, books to listen to when I'm at work or at the gym, and it really is super easy to use. I recommend this app to anyone and everyone. It really has changed my reading life. I can also sync it up to my Goodreads account so it makes keeping track of what I'm reading super easy.
allyn s.
Peoria
Let me start off by saying, I am not the reading type. I absolutely love this service. I always hear people talk about these cool books they read and I've always wished I was a reader so that I could read those books. But now I can sit, drive, exercise, even cook while listening to an plethora of books from fiction to cook books. All you need is to download the free app and a library card from your local library, and you are good to go.
Kristine A.
Techie Expert Level 1
I like being able to download audiobooks and ebooks though Overdrive. It’s convenient for travel. I like that you can add multiple libraries, but I wish that there was only one wish list instead of having to check both for copies. Id also love if you could follow/subscribe your favorite authors so you’d know when they’ve put something new out. It also struggles to synchronize between devices at times.
Anna K.
Brooklyn, NY
Techie Expert Level 1
I really love Overdrive! It makes borrowing books from the library hassle free.. especially if you have e-reader like a  Kindle Paperwhite , thought you can just use your smart phone. Popular books that have a waitlist of 50+ people I can usually get immediately as an eBook, and I never have to remember to return my book!
Ilze D.
Binghamton , NY
Techie Expert Level 2
I LOVE this app! I can borrow ebooks and audiobooks through my local library with no worries about late return fees! I also really appreciate that most books can go right to my Kindle so I don’t have to read them on my phone. I do wish they had a bigger selection, but the request feature is great!
Cassandra R.
Canal Winchester, OH
Do you like to read? Do you not have the time to read and feel like your missing a part of you?? (An avid true reader will feel this way) Look no further than this app, paired with your library card you are introduced to a Neverending plethora of knowledge and fungible fantasy. Download and enjoy while someone reads to you.
Tina S.
Clinton Twp, MI
Do you check out books through Overdrive? Do you like it?
Michelle W.
Ocala, FL
Can you get audio books with this I've tried do it through my library but I can't figure it out