Outlander: Season 01 - Volume 1 [2 Discs] (dvd) uploaded by Shannon Leigh T.

BY SONY

British combat nurse Claire Randall is reunited with her husband after returning from the battlefields of World War II. While on their second honeymoon, she walks through one of the ancient stone circles that dot the British Isles and is suddenly transported to 1743 Scotland, torn by war and rogue Highland clans. Hurled back in time by forces she cannot understand, Claire is catapulted into intrigue and danger when she is accused of being a spy. Forced by circumstance to marry an outlawed Highlander, she finds herself falling in love and torn by her loyalties to two men in vastly different times, all of which may threaten her life and shatter her heart. Diana Gabaldon's best-selling book series is stunningly realized by Executive Producer Ronald D. Moore in Season One's first eight episodes. see more...

Deanna K.
Bellmawr, NJ
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I am a history nerd and watch literally every period piece- the good, the bad, the worst. I saw trailers of this show for a while and thought about it but I knew it was fantasy as well so I put it off. Decided to check it out and OMG, IM OBSESSED. This is my favorite show now. Not even kidding. I binge watched the first two seasons and now on Sunday nights, I tell my boyfriend to stop texting me because it's "my Outlander time." Lol. And now I have to suffer for months without it! 😩
Emily F.
GREEN BAY, WI
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Amazing story brought to the screen! Obviously some things were exaggerated but all in all, So good and so true to the books! If you like period drama with a little adventure And romance thrown in, this is for you!
Kristina F.
Amazing show, especially this first season. The scenery is so vibrant and rich with culture. The characters are well-written and brought to life on the screen perfectly.
Shannon Leigh T.
Columbia, SC
Hands down the best show out there! Starz has done an amazing job turning the Outlander books into a show. The acting in this first season is amazing. It is a little bit sci-fi (time travel) and a lot historical fiction. Not recommended for children as there are some harder topics to understand.
Suelinn B.
Elkins, WV
Awesome Read, talk about a book boyfriend...you'll find him here. The books are amazing, as always!  You can set the scenes in your head. I also have the comic like hard copy of this series. I started to watch the series a couple years ago. I recommend reading the books first.
Amber T.
Sumrall, MS
This show has brought my favorite novels to life! This is unlike any other show, or book for that matter. Gabaldon, the writers and the actors have done an amazing job. I definitely recommend watching if you like period dramas, book-to -movie adaptations, and a little time travel.
nadia c.
Port Angeles , WA
I love the character for Jamie but Claire not so much. Claire was supposed to be average sized not almost waif like but that being said I do love her portrayal as Claire. Her chemistry with Sam is amazing to see and they really bring outlander to life
Joanna W.
LIC, NY
Books, audio books, shows- all the very best I have ever read, heard, or watched. I found it much easier to transfer my imaginary Jamie and Claire to the TV shows after listening to the books. Diana Gabaldon is the best.
Kourt N.
The story is of adventure and intrigue and plenty of Scottish charm. The show gives plenty of drama and romance. You feel the struggle with the main character and slowly fall along with her.
Mary F.
Everyone involved did such an amazing job bringing this novel to life! Casting descions were amazing, awesome period costumes, and true to the book!