Outlander: Season 01 - Volume 1 [2 Discs] (dvd)

British combat nurse Claire Randall is reunited with her husband after returning from the battlefields of World War II. While on their second honeymoon, she walks through one of the ancient stone circles that dot the British Isles and is suddenly transported to 1743 Scotland, torn by war and rogue Highland clans. Hurled back in time by forces she cannot understand, Claire is catapulted into intrigue and danger when she is accused of being a spy. Forced by circumstance to marry an outlawed Highlander, she finds herself falling in love and torn by her loyalties to two men in vastly different times, all of which may threaten her life and shatter her heart. Diana Gabaldon's best-selling book series is stunningly realized by Executive Producer Ronald D. Moore in Season One's first eight episodes.

Does the show follow the books well?
Start your review of Outlander: Season 01 - Volume 1 [2 Discs] (dvd)!
How would you rate this product?
Shannon Leigh T.
Columbia, SC
Outlander: Season 01 - Volume 1 [2 Discs] (dvd) uploaded by Shannon Leigh T.
Hands down the best show out there! Starz has done an amazing job turning the Outlander books into a show. The acting in this first season is amazing. It is a little bit sci-fi (time travel) and a lot historical fiction. Not recommended for children as there are some harder topics to understand.
Cody P.
Hattiesburg, MS
Love it it’s the best I love books so full of knowledge and it’s like take if a pice of some one else’s mind you know. I need more friends like the kind that loves books. Please send me some books I love to read
Hope M.
This is my favorite TV show I am watching right now. It’s action packed, has romance, and is so interesting! Would recommend to anyone who likes historical type shows as it’s set mostly in the 1700s-1900s
Jennie S.
Greenfield, IN
The books were wonderful and this series does it justice! The characters of Claire and Jamie show that love can transcend the ages! The soundtrack is lovely and the scenery is breathtaking. I would recommend![product:outlander:-season-01-volume-1-[2-discs]-dvd]
Suelinn B.
Elkins, WV
Awesome Read, talk about a book boyfriend...you'll find him here. The books are amazing, as always!  You can set the scenes in your head. I also have the comic like hard copy of this series. I started to watch the series a couple years ago. I recommend reading the books first.
Nancy R.
Pop Culture Expert Level 5
1,075 reviews
I love this serie Outlander: Season 01 - Volume 1 [2 Discs] (dvd) on starz . i see all seasons really fans on this show. Good , and entertainment. Really reccomend it
Laramie C.
Sligo, PA
In love with this series! I have watched over and over. Great historical references as well as action. I love the way the characters make the scenes so real. Recommend to everyone
Daisy C.
Modesto , CA
I love this show! It’s so addicting and makes you feel as if you’re there. I started watching on Netflix and I am currently waiting for the next season to come on. I will definitely watch the seasons over again❣️
Emily F.
Lena, WI
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Amazing story brought to the screen! Obviously some things were exaggerated but all in all, So good and so true to the books! If you like period drama with a little adventure And romance thrown in, this is for you!
Amber T.
Sumrall, MS
This show has brought my favorite novels to life! This is unlike any other show, or book for that matter. Gabaldon, the writers and the actors have done an amazing job. I definitely recommend watching if you like period dramas, book-to -movie adaptations, and a little time travel.