BY OUIDAD

If you have curly hair, you probably love a great styling product - or two, or three, or more. And, after awhile, those products can build up on your curls, along with residue from dirt, oil, and hard or chlorinated water. The result? Dull, droopy curls that can't live up to their full, springy, shiny potential.

That's when curls need the help of a clarifying shampoo. Unlike other clarifiers that can be too harsh and drying, Ouidad's Water Works Clarifying Shampoo is formulated to be curl-friendly. Its gentle but powerful chelating formula uses a blend of Lemon, Grapefruit, and Orange Flower extracts to target, break down, and remove residue build-up without stripping away essential moisture. In one wash, it will help to "reboot" the curl pattern for a fresh start. Plus, it's safe to use on color-treated hair (but shouldn't be used directly after a coloring process). Curls are left clean, completely nourished, and ready for styling.

Product Benefits:
- Cleanses and clarifies while retaining natural moisture
- Removes dulling build-up, hard water deposits, chlorine, and impurities
- Gentle on curls and safe for color-treated hair

• Does this shampoo lather? Also does it strip any natural ...2 Answers
  • Where can I purchase this product?3 Answers
haley n.
maurepas
devacurl can step aside because this is how to do curls. it completely eliminates my oily roots while giving my hair a lovely curl to it, sometimes at the cost of frizziness. in their defense, it literally says not to lather the product or else it gets frizzy, so that’s really on me
Rebecca S.
Staff
I use this product every week to wee and a half, especially after I've styled my hair a few days in a row and have product buildup. It really does get rid of all of the product buildup and makes me feel as though I can start from scratch with my hair. The smell isn't my favorite, but it's not bad - I just don't love it!
Kenny V.
Doral, FL
This product I really liked. It smells very rich and is excellent, it actually detoxifies the scalp. The only bad thing I can say is that the price is a bit high.
Hope S.
Cedar, MN
This is great for us CurlyGirls who wash their hair in hard water. It helps clarify your scalp and hair from harsh build up and leaves it feeling light and healthy. It also gives more volume and shine back to your curls. This can be purchased from either Ulta or Sephora for roughly $22. I recommend this product to those who are dealing damage or buildup from hard water for sure!
Caylyn C.
Ford City, PA
I love the shampoo but it's super important to use the conditioner as well. It gives you much better results. I used this in my super curly hair and it did wonders. I bought it for a while but couldn't bring myself to spend the money on it when I got in college. I really would buy it again if I could afford it. It works so well and you only need to use a little drop
Lauren G.
Soquel, CA
I really saw a difference using this shampoo. We recently moved to a new house that does not have a soft water system, so immediately notice my hair more oily and stiff. I researched that I should use a clarifying shampoo and this was the best! I use it twice a week to get rid any build up.
Lanya M.
Browns Mills, NJ
I usually make my own clarifying shampoo since I have dry scalp. But I did pick this shampoo up because it was on sale and I have say it works very well. The lather wasn't to much, it was more like clarifying shampoo. The texture was creamy and thick and has some really good ingredients. If I buy this again? Maybe, if it's on sale again.
Cristina R.
I loved this product. I had ordered it through a commercial on TV and ordered the full set. It definitely revived my curls, making them look more healthy and hydrated and shiny. It's smells nice too. I definitely suggest that everyone tries it.
Catherine W.
I absolutely love Ouidad products. They are great for my curly hair. I use this shampoo about twice a week to remove the product buildup. It leaves my curls fluffy and good as new!
Melissa R.
Titusville, FL
Ouidad's Water Works Clarifying Shampoo is in my closet right now! Its a #necessity if you have a pool. We swim a lot and always keep it on hand. Once every 2 weeks is good. If your in the pool more than 4x a week, using this once a week works also.
Vanessa M.
Ashburn, VA
Where can I purchase this product?
Lyndsey M.
Fort Myers , Fl
Does this shampoo lather? Also does it strip any natural oils