Ouidad Mongongo Oil Multi-Use Curl Treatment 1.7oz

Whether wavy, coily, spiraled, or kinky, when it comes to curls, no two are the same. That's why Ouidad designed their Mongongo Oil Multi-Use Curl Treatment to work for each curl type's individual needs.

Made with oil from the Mongongo Nut and blended with Coconut, American Palm Seed Oil, and Broccoli Seed Oil, this lightweight formula helps seal split ends and protect against heat without leaving loose curls limp or greasy. On classic curls, Mongongo Oil is brilliant for smoothing frizz and flyaways, while tight curls will love the way it adds illuminating shine and smooths the cuticle to perfect each individual coil. It leaves kinky curl types silky soft, strong, and protected by locking in the moisture and nourishment curls crave.

Speaking of nourishment, there's a reason the oil from this nutritious nut is known as "hair food" in its native Zambia: It packs a potent dose of Vitamin E and Linoleic Acid, an essential, unsaturated omega-6 fatty acid that promotes hair health-for your best, most beautiful curls.

Product Benefits:
- Forms a protective barrier on hair's surface to lock in moisture
- Helps prevent damage from heat styling and UV rays
- Adds brilliant shine to curls from root to tip

Does this leave your hair feeling greasy or heavy?
Does this contain silicones? Ouidad Mongongo Oil Multi-Use Curl Treatment 1.7oz I’ve seen other Ouidad products that contain sulfates and silicones. I haven’t had any success with their shampoo and conditioners, but I’d like to try an oil. Thanks!
Ouidad Mongongo Oil Multi-Use Curl Treatment 1.7oz I just purchased this item and was wondering if it’s best to use on wet or dry hair?
Start your review of Ouidad Mongongo Oil Multi-Use Curl Treatment 1.7oz!
Chicago
I never thought that my fine, thin, low density/low porosity curls would ever benefit from an oil. However, ever since transitioning to the curly girl method (CGM), on my 2nd and 3rd hair days I’ve been using this oil to add shine, hydration, and smoothness back into my hair. It doesn’t hurt that this smells INCREDIBLE too!
Huntington, Indiana
I love Ouidad, but I just can’t make this product work. It smells horrible and just makes my hair sticky and greasy. It says to spray on dry hair to “refresh curls” but you have to spray so much to even kind of make a difference, and then your hair is disgusting from how much you’ve sprayed in it. Not one I would recommend.
pinehurst
I have naturally wavy/curly hair and WOW this product makes my hair look so silky, soft, and bouncy. I use this product everyday before styling and sometimes more often when I’m having an extra frizzy day. Ouidad is one of my favorite brands and they really killed it with this one!
Troutman
Was wearing my hair natural (curly) but have since gotten a keratin treatment. Love this to use on everything but the roots of my hair. Helps hide split ends and makes hair look shiny.
Ft Lauderdale, FL
Ouidad Mongongo Oil Multi-Use Curl Treatment 1.7oz uploaded by amanda M.
Omg!!! I went on a trip. This is all I brought with me to retouch my hair. It's worth every penny. In the morning I just run 3-4 pumps in my hand and crunch my hair.
Before I started using Ouidad my hair was dry, brittle and breaking. This oil literally saved my curly hair. I honestly wouldn’t change to a different oil treatment. I will keep buying this until they discontinue.
Addison, TX
Purchased at: Sephora
Excellent for curls and braids it smells good and gives you the shine and the treatment you need for your dehydrated skin. It’s a little bit pricey but quality comes with a price.
I absolutely love this oil! I use it after diffusing my hair to add shine and help reduce frizz. It does wonders for my fine curly hair every time. Only thing i would complain about is the price. However, i believe this is worth the money and i definitely recommend to others.
Redondo Beach, CA
Very lightweight and didn't do much for me. Usually my concern with oils is that they will be too heavy. But this one didn't feel like much of anything in terms of smoothing, shine etc. Bummer!
Burke, VA
I love the lightweight shine I get with this hair serum. It absorbs fast, tames frizz and is super nourishing! Additionally, ouidad states on the bottle that this oil will help to protect your hair from UV and heat from styling tools!
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Sun Valley, NV