BY OUAI #16 in Hairspray

A weightless texture mist for effortlessly chic, undone hair. Infused with rice protein to add hold and memory for that "just got out of the ocean and my hair dried perfectly" look.

• Specialty Rice Protein

Aqua (Water, Eau), Isobutylene/Ethylmaleimide/Hydroxyethylmaleimide Copolymer, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Polysorbate-20, Propanediol, Tamarindus Indica Seed Gum, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Water, Glycerin, Panthenol, Phyllostachis Bambusoides Juice, Hydrolyzed Hibiscus Esculentus Extract, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Root Extract, Jasminum Officinale (Jasmine) Flower Extract, Nasturtium Officinale Extract, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Amaranthus Caudatus Seed Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Extract, Cystoseira Compressa Extract, Hydrolyzed Linseed Extract, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract, Laurdimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Keratin, Hydrolyzed Rice Protein, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Seed Protein, Hydrolyzed Corn Protein, Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, Arginine, Alanine, Glycine, Serine, Valine, Isoleucine, Histidine, Phenylalanine, Proline, Threonine, Phytic Acid, Aspartic Acid, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, PCA, Sodium Polystyrene Sulfonate, Cystine Bis-PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium PCA, Sodium Lactate, Parfum (Fragrance), Polysilicone-15, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Pentylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Aminomethyl Propanol, BHT, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Limonene, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Citronellol, Blue 1 (CI 42090), Red 33 (CI 17200), Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Yellow 6 (CI 15985).

• What the price ??1 Answers
  • Does this help with super curly/frizzy hair to create waves? or d...1 Answers
  • Does this produce soft waves or more crunchy waves?3 Answers
Sam F.
Philadelphia, PA
I love the Ouai wave spray. It's funny becuase some people who like it say it's not sticky, the people who hate it say it IS sticky. The truth is - it's sticky. But it's frickin awesome. I have really straight hair, I have gone through the phase of desperately trying to scrunch it, and that's just NOT what this is for. It's not going to GIVE you wavy hair. But it's going to make your wavy hair look BOMBSHELL amazing. I wand my hair or curl it into natural beachy waves with my straightener. I comb it all out with my fingers, hit it with the TINIEST bit of hair spray - because I want the curls to STAY, but not be hard or stuck together like a cheap wig. THEN I spray the wave spray all over, srunch it up, move it around. It's sticky at first, but it's better than hair spray. It wets your hair  and then dries liek your hair was just in the ocean and air-dried. BUY THIS. Buy the smaller size and try it.
Amber K.
St Augustine, FL
I received this product from the 2017 ipsy holiyay giveaway as a set. I received this spray, mousse, and hair spray. I smelled all the products and they smell so good!! I have only tried the wave spray and I wasn't impressed with the results as much as I thought I would be. I have long, flat, thick hair. I washed my hair and let it air dry for a bit and then applied the wave spray in my hair. I sprayed all over and worked it in with my fingers. The product was very sticky on my hands. The spray did add a little more body to my usually dead flat hair but not much. After my hair completely dried with this in my hair was stiff and the ends were clumped together in tangled bunches. I don't know if I applied it correctly but I plan on trying different methods and see if I can get this product to work for me. I wanted to review my first impression and will come back and review again if I find a better method that works for my hair. PS: I absolutely loved the smell and the packaging!!!!  OUAI Wave Spray
Annette P.
Greenacres, FL
I absolutely love this wave spray! Smells amazing, and the smell lasts days in my hair! For sensitive airways, this might be too strong. The spray is pricey, but it stands out above the other wave sprays.
I wash and let air dry a little. Then, while damp, I spray this and their texture spray, and then scrunch into an updo and sleep on it. In the AM, I let hair down and let it completely dry. My hair looks super voluminous, smells amazing, and has beach waves. If I don’t wash my hair, it’s still voluminous, but waves are gone. The look works for me. And my hair looks even blonder the day after using this! Highly recommend, especially for flat hair!
Ali G.
Roseville, MI
I wasnt very impressed and felt as if it didnt do much compared to the other products that Ive been using. Although my hair is straight, it is very receptive to products meant to add wave to your hair. But this one kind of dried a little bit crunchy and left a weird sticky residue on my hair (maybe it should be used as a setting spray instead of a having soft, tousled waves). The fragrance reminds me of an expensive hair salon, so id be more likely to use to mist and add some pretty fragrance to my hair.
Olivia M.
Minden, LA
Ouai Wave Spray makes my hair look so pretty. I apply this to slightly damp hair, work it in, then go to sleep.  When I wake up, my hair has a soft natural wave to it.  I then use my wand to give it the messy beach waves.  I finish off with a little teasing for volume, hair spray, and then go in with this spray for the midshaft to the ends.  It makes my hair look textured and effortless.  I love this spray!
Alaina N.
San Francisco, CA
This is a great product to keep curls in your hair. It is affordable and lasts a while. After washing, I use a cocktail of products for my highly porous 2b/2c thick wavy hair, and this is great to keep my hair’s shape for at least two days after. I’ve tried using it without in my morning routine and my curls end up falling out by that night. Do not use it alone, however, as it will dry out your hair.
Crystal K.
East Haven , CT
I wanted so badly to fall in love with this spray. It smells amazing-it reminds me a bit of Glossier You perfume,actually. It has a lightweight mist and it comes out in a fine mist.
I have used it on damp hair, on dry hair,and on styled hair. I think damp is the best way-but I just can’t figure this product out. It makes pretty,beachy waves-yes,but then they fall and you have coarse,rough hair after. I’m looking for softer waves. So all my leave-in conditioner and hair masks are in vain.
 I’m still trying to figure this product out. I love the idea of it and I love Ouais look and vibe. I definitely want to try more from the brand. I think their products are a little overpriced (this was 28$ for a bottle),but if I find my a HG hair product at that price,it’s worth it.
* I got this at Nordstrom.
Allison D.
Corp Christi, TX
I recently got a LOB haircut that I love! I use this spray when I curl it, but mostly after I wash it and let it air dry to hold my natural wave. it gives the right amount of texture, but my hair doesn't feel super crunchy. My hair stays flexible, and along with the shampoo and conditioner I use, leaves a long lasting pleasant scent. I bought the mini but I will definitely be repurchasing the full size when I run out.
Olivia T.
Richmond, VA
This “wave” spray is WAY better than any other I have ever tried. It beats out Bumble and Bumble, John Frieda... I have fine, dry-ish hair and this truly adds a little body without making my hair feel crunchy or weighed-down. I feel like with Bumble and Bumble never ever achieved a wave at all but i definitely get it with this. The smell is great and I would recommend!
Brittany N.
I purchased the Ouai Wave Spray after hearing my best friend rave about it. I have naturally wave hair, so I was pretty excited to give this a try. Sea Salt sprays are really harsh on my hair so I was looking for a gentler product with the same results. The wave spray is excellent! The product is lightweight and smells fantastic. This is now my go-to!
Amber S.
San Diego, CA
Does this product weigh your hair down? Or make it feel "straw like" ? I struggle to find a good wave spray/texturizer. I've noticed quite a buzz online about this line, but for the price, want to make sure it's worth it.
Hannah K.
Louisville, KY
I'm looking for a good texturizing spray. I have used not your mothers and I feel like it doesn't do much and leaves my hair feeling terrible. How well does this work? Does it leave that gross residue?
Lisa M.
Is this spray oily or greasy? ☹️
Sabrina S.
Shelby Twp, MI
I really want to buy this, but I wish I could find more reviews! Has anyone used it yet? How do you apply it to your hair for best results?
Juliana S.
How does this compare to the bumble and bumble surf spray?