BY OUAI

A weightless texture mist for effortlessly chic, undone hair. Infused with rice protein to add hold and memory for that perfect beachy look, this feather-light spray gives hair natural wave and body without any dryness or crunch. It is formulated Without: - Parabens - Phthalates Jen's style tip: Spritz it on damp or dry hair to activate natural waves, enhance texture, boost body, and give hair memory. This product is scented with Ouai No. 2 Fragrance, containing notes of Italian lemon, amber, and white musk.

• What the price ??1 Answers
  • Does this help with super curly/frizzy hair to create waves? or doe...1 Answers
  • Does this produce soft waves or more crunchy waves?3 Answers
Hollie L.
Hollie L.
I always use this when I want to wear my hair down and just need a little extra something to keep it from looking too flat and lifeless. I add in waves first, and then disperse this throughout my hair - the reason being that this doesn't exactly create waves, it just enhances them. It does seem to add thickness to my hair and keep it in place (without being crunchy like a hairspray), which I love. I've gotten compliments on my hair only using this one product, as opposed to the days I don't wear it, so you can definitely notice the difference. Also, you get a generous amount of product for the price, and a little amount goes a long way! So this is going to last you. If you're sensitive to smells, you probably won't like this, as it is HEAVILY perfumed. At first it was a little overbearing for me, but it's actually not a bad smell and I'm used to it now. I do think it would be a great idea for the company to make a version of this without perfume, however, so that a broader range of people can enjoy this wonderful product. All in all, I really like it!
Kelsey B.
Kelsey B.
I received a deluxe sample of this in my July Sephora Play box. I was so excited because I have been wanting to try these products, but couldn't justify the price.

I shower at night, so I was unsure how this would turn out. After getting out of the shower and towel drying my hair, I combed out my naturally wavy hair. Then sprayed the wave spray all over my head, making sure to flip my head down and get underneath. Then I scrunched my hair with my hands a few times. The scent of the spray is a little overwhelming at first, very floral. But it goes away with time. To my surprise when I woke up, my hair was much wavy-er than normal. However, I do feel like the spray dries out my hair my hair done and creates tangles. Be careful when spraying your hair, as too much can make your hair crunchy. I've also tried to use the spray on dry hair, and it didn't work as well as it did on wet hair.

Based on past experience, I think this works better than Bumble and Bumble Surf spray.
Antoinette A.
Antoinette A.
Pico Rivera, CA
I received the sample in my July Sephora Play bag and I was so excited to try this product! Not only is Jen Atkin one of my favorites but I've heard so much greatness about her line OUAI that was I dying to try it. Well..... at first I did love the wave spray because it smelled amazing and when my hair was damp it felt amazing however a few minutes after spraying it my hair began to stick to my shoulders and back. I thought it was my leave in but no it wasn't. It was the wave spray. Once my hair dried, it left my hair feeling like straw. Very dry and brittle. Mind you, I have natural color hair. I have never dyed my hair in my life. So my hair is naturally soft and a little frizzy. Well this product made my hair feel so gross. I attempted to use this product 2 more times but it had the same results. I gave it to my sister thinking she might have a better experience. Nope! She has dyed, processed, belayage hair and it was even worse for her. So disappointed:(
Vanna L.
Vanna L.
Colorado Spgs, CO
I received a mini sample of this in a recent Play! by Sephora box. This is a weightless texture mist infused with rice protein to add hold and memory for that perfect beachy look, giving hair natural wave and body without any dryness or crunch. Formulated without parabens or phthalates. I've been blessed with hair that (mostly) behaves, so I usually use very little in the way of hair care, and almost never use heat, so I was interested in how defined this can make my naturally wavy hair. It does give it a little texture, and it does accentuate the natural waves in my hair, so I'm pleased with the results! It also smells divine. This is something I would definitely throw into my beach bag or purse to give my hair some extra 'oomph' throughout the day.
Ally Z.
Ally Z.
Cresson, PA
I really do love this product. I'm going to tell you how to properly use it. It takes FOREVER to make the waves, but the end result is natural looking, beautiful waves. You twist your damp hair around your finger after spraying the product through your hair and adding mousse, then blow dry each twist. It takes a while, but the end result though is fantastic! It leaves my hair with the beach hair that you want, not just a scrunch. I have fine, straight, blonde hair and it gives me volume and that 'just got back from the beach' look. I recommend spraying dry shampoo over your head afterwards to complete the look. It is sticky on your fingers, but that is what helps keep the wave. This is the best wave spray I've ever used, it just takes a little time.
Leah R.
Leah R.
Huntington , NY
This stuff is incredible!! I got a trial size in one of my Sephora Play boxes. I totally love it!! Most wave sprays that I have used before don't really work, they give a little bit of a wave but they never truly live up to their claims of 'beach waves' or 'mermaid hair' etc. I've tried other wave sprays that I like enough because they help calm the frizz on my hair so that I can let it air dry, but this spray beats out all the others and in fact does its actual job! I sprayed this on damp hair and I got the nicest curly wave ever! And my waves lasted for two days! And my hair was only damp, I had slept with wet hair in a bun so it sort of air dryed already. I cannot wait to try this stuff out on just towel dried hair!
emily b.
emily b.
New Orleans, LA
This is one of my favorite new styling products-- it's a lightweight, easy-to-use spray that gives me laid-back beach waves and a hint of extra volume with minimal effort. After showering, I wait until my hair is just damp (not soaking) and thoroughly coat my hair with the spray (you will use a lot, considering the bottle size). A few crunches with my hands as my hair dries, and in a little while I'm left with playful, fun beach waves without the crunchy texture. It can be a little sticky as it's drying, but not a big drawback. Honestly the only "minus" for me is the super-strong scent-- not a bad smell, but a little overpowering if you're hoping to wear perfume at the same time. All in all, a new summer fave.
Megan T.
Megan T.
Ventura, CA
I have never been someone who is loyal to a certain hair product because I never find one that works. My hair is long and thick and slightly wavy but products either never encourage the wave to look nice without heat styling or they weigh my hair down because the texture in itself is fine. I got this as a sample in a sephora play and I'm in love. Price point for full size is higher than I'd like but it really makes my hair so soft and wavy even when air drying only. It is fragranced but it doesn't bother me, I usually don't like perfumy scents but I think it dissipates pretty quickly once applied, at least for me. Compliments all week since starting to use it. I apply both wet and dry in between shampooing.
Erin G.
Erin G.
I'll start with the things I love about this wave spray: it gives such gorgeous, tousled texture to my super fine, limp hair - and it lasts through a whole day. It also adds some thickness and body, which is nice - not all wave sprays will give me both texture and increased volume. Also, the smell of this spray is SO GOOD. It is definitely a strong scent, but I absolutely adore it. It made it hard to stop spraying it sometimes, which leads me to the one downside of this product: you definitely need to use it sparingly. For me, if I over applied it, it would get sticky and my waves would get tangled up. But, for the effect and the smell, it was definitely worth it - just be judicious in applying it!
Vicky L.
Vicky L.
Arlington, VA
Like other reviewers, I also got this from my Play! by Sephora subscription box. I don't do much with my hair on a regular day-to-day basis, but thought it was worth a shot.

As someone with fairly straight hair, when sprayed onto damp hair, there was a little texture added but by the time my hair dried, it became tangled, crunchy and not very attractive. The smell didn't bother me and I actually liked it for a hair product. If I brushed my hair afterwards, the texture would go away. Honestly I wouldn't have picked this up if it weren't for my subscription and I definitely won't be buying a full-size of this product. Just not a good fit for my lifestyle.
Amber S.
Amber S.
San Diego, CA
Does this product weigh your hair down? Or make it feel "straw like" ? I struggle to find a good wave spray/texturizer. I've noticed quite a buzz online about this line, but for the price, want to make sure it's worth it.
Hannah K.
Hannah K.
Louisville, KY
I'm looking for a good texturizing spray. I have used not your mothers and I feel like it doesn't do much and leaves my hair feeling terrible. How well does this work? Does it leave that gross residue?
Sabrina S.
Sabrina S.
Shelby Twp, MI
I really want to buy this, but I wish I could find more reviews! Has anyone used it yet? How do you apply it to your hair for best results?
Juliana S.
Juliana S.
How does this compare to the bumble and bumble surf spray?
Lisa M.
Lisa M.
Is this spray oily or greasy? ☹️