BY OUAI #8 in Hairspray

A weightless texture mist for effortlessly chic, undone hair. Infused with rice protein to add hold and memory for that "just got out of the ocean and my hair dried perfectly" look.

• Specialty Rice Protein

Aqua (Water, Eau), Isobutylene/Ethylmaleimide/Hydroxyethylmaleimide Copolymer, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Polysorbate-20, Propanediol, Tamarindus Indica Seed Gum, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Water, Glycerin, Panthenol, Phyllostachis Bambusoides Juice, Hydrolyzed Hibiscus Esculentus Extract, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Root Extract, Jasminum Officinale (Jasmine) Flower Extract, Nasturtium Officinale Extract, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Amaranthus Caudatus Seed Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Extract, Cystoseira Compressa Extract, Hydrolyzed Linseed Extract, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract, Laurdimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Keratin, Hydrolyzed Rice Protein, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Seed Protein, Hydrolyzed Corn Protein, Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, Arginine, Alanine, Glycine, Serine, Valine, Isoleucine, Histidine, Phenylalanine, Proline, Threonine, Phytic Acid, Aspartic Acid, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, PCA, Sodium Polystyrene Sulfonate, Cystine Bis-PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium PCA, Sodium Lactate, Parfum (Fragrance), Polysilicone-15, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Pentylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Aminomethyl Propanol, BHT, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Limonene, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Citronellol, Blue 1 (CI 42090), Red 33 (CI 17200), Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Yellow 6 (CI 15985).

Buy on Sephora*
Amber K.
St Augustine, FL
I received this product from the 2017 ipsy holiyay giveaway as a set. I received this spray, mousse, and hair spray. I smelled all the products and they smell so good!! I have only tried the wave spray and I wasn't impressed with the results as much as I thought I would be. I have long, flat, thick hair. I washed my hair and let it air dry for a bit and then applied the wave spray in my hair. I sprayed all over and worked it in with my fingers. The product was very sticky on my hands. The spray did add a little more body to my usually dead flat hair but not much. After my hair completely dried with this in my hair was stiff and the ends were clumped together in tangled bunches. I don't know if I applied it correctly but I plan on trying different methods and see if I can get this product to work for me. I wanted to review my first impression and will come back and review again if I find a better method that works for my hair. PS: I absolutely loved the smell and the packaging!!!!  OUAI Wave Spray
Roberta M.
I have naturally wavy hair but I like to put definition to help some of the weakest waves. I was really rooting for this spray to work, I had only heard good things about the brand and saw people I knew use it and work for them. That is not what happened to me tho. When I use this spray, I barely even get any waves. It makes my hair sticky and some parts are even hard from it. Now, I would probably keep it if the waves looked good but nope! I find it weighs down my hair and takes away some of my natural waves. I wished it worked but since it didn't, I am 100%  returning it. It's just not the wave product for my hair but I'm sure it works for other people.

BTW": I have shoulder length + thick + wavy hair. Yes, my hair in my profile pic is straightened.
Gloria K.
I have short, medium hair that is straight. I've been looking for ways to style loose waves and saw that a lot of people recommend this product. I tried this on both damp and dry hair, and didn't get the results I wanted without using a curling iron.

damp hair
I sprayed this all over my damp hair and twirled segments of hair to get waves. I let my hair air dry and ended up with no wave whatsoever! I did get a good amount of volume without any greasy or gritty feeling in my hair. Had to go in with my curling iron to get some waves. The volume did last for a whole extra day, so that was good.

dry hair
I sprayed this after curling my hair to see what it would do. My hair ended up being wavy, but not that effortless beach vibe I was looking for. Also, there wasn't very much texture or volume added by using this spray. Basically, it just loosened up the curls.

Overall, I wouldn't re-purchase because it didn't give me waves...
Chelsea C.
Baltimore
I 100% would recommend this to anyone! I have been through two bottles and this has become a holy grail product for me. I hate hair spray and refuse to use it because I don’t like the look or feel of my hair being crunchy. I like my hair to have loose waves and I tend to throw it up in a ponytail, clip it back, and then let it back down multiple times throughout the day so I don’t want my hair to not be able to move or get kinks in it. This wave spray is perfect for me because it has the perfect balance of holding my curls/waves after styling without making my hair feel crunchy. I love that I can still run my fingers through my hair without the spray causing a tangled mess. Also I love the smell! My sister when she first smelled it thought it smelled like a “perm” but I think it smells great!
Melanie K.
O'Fallon
I’ll be honest- I don’t usually like ‘texture sprays’ or ‘sea salt sprays’ because I fear they’ll make my hair crunchy and dry. I straighten my hair because it’s naturally wavy, but I wanted to give this a try because I got in in a Sephora set. I ended up LOVING IT. I section my hair and give a few spritz to it when it’s damp, and then I let it air dry. Usually when I let my hair air dry it goes all over the place. With this product, it dried the way I would have wanted it styled! My hair was a little stiff but I was able to brush out some of that and overall this is great for days when I want to avoid heat products and have a little more wave in my strands.
Chanon C.
White Lake, MI
I will ride or die for this wave spray! 1. It smells AMAZING, like actually amazing, like perfume for your hair. And the smell seems to stick to my hair & lasts for days. 2. I don't think that it's that pricey. I picked it up for $12 bucks and I've had it for a few months. You don't need to go overkill on the spray, a few squirts does the trick. 3. My best results are spraying this on my damp hair before bed, & sleeping on it. When I wake up, I have great volume and it already looks styled for the day.

I highly recommend this wave product for anyone looking to add a little style to their hair.

Deborah T.
Toms River, NJ
Start off my saying I have only tried this with "Sunday" hair. Where i clean up to go breakfast but not washing it. It brings back nice waves from yesterday's curls. I havr straight hair that I curl with either an iron or flatt iron into waves. This isnt sticky for me . It does not leave a film like some do. It came in a Sephora summer bag. I never would have purchased it otherwise. I will buy it again and think it will be amazing for beach hair after I take it out of a bun! Less is more. I didnt need much and didn't spray it near the root because my hair is also fine. OUAI Wave Spray
Sam F.
Philadelphia, PA
I love the Ouai wave spray. It's funny becuase some people who like it say it's not sticky, the people who hate it say it IS sticky. The truth is - it's sticky. But it's frickin awesome. I have really straight hair, I have gone through the phase of desperately trying to scrunch it, and that's just NOT what this is for. It's not going to GIVE you wavy hair. But it's going to make your wavy hair look BOMBSHELL amazing. I wand my hair or curl it into natural beachy waves with my straightener. I comb it all out with my fingers, hit it with the TINIEST bit of hair spray - because I want the curls to STAY, but not be hard or stuck together like a cheap wig. THEN I spray the wave spray all over, srunch it up, move it around. It's sticky at first, but it's better than hair spray. It wets your hair  and then dries liek your hair was just in the ocean and air-dried. BUY THIS. Buy the smaller size and try it.
Dani M.
Orlando, FL
If you have any sort of natural wave or curl to your hair, I recommend trying this spray. It smells wonderful and gives your hair just enough texture to create that beachy wave. I do still have to go in with a curling wand or iron to add shape to some of my hair that refuses to do anything, but it definitely shortens the amount of time I have to spend on my hair. I always spray this after I've towel dried my hair, run my fingers through a little to give my hair some shape and let it air dry before touching up those last minute pieces.
Alison G.
Roseville, MI
I wasnt very impressed and felt as if it didnt do much compared to the other products that Ive been using. Although my hair is straight, it is very receptive to products meant to add wave to your hair. But this one kind of dried a little bit crunchy and left a weird sticky residue on my hair (maybe it should be used as a setting spray instead of a having soft, tousled waves). The fragrance reminds me of an expensive hair salon, so id be more likely to use to mist and add some pretty fragrance to my hair.
Amber S.
San Diego, CA
Does this product weigh your hair down? Or make it feel "straw like" ? I struggle to find a good wave spray/texturizer. I've noticed quite a buzz online about this line, but for the price, want to make sure it's worth it.
Hannah K.
Louisville, KY
I'm looking for a good texturizing spray. I have used not your mothers and I feel like it doesn't do much and leaves my hair feeling terrible. How well does this work? Does it leave that gross residue?
Juliana S.
How does this compare to the bumble and bumble surf spray?
Sabrina S.
Shelby Twp, MI
I really want to buy this, but I wish I could find more reviews! Has anyone used it yet? How do you apply it to your hair for best results?
Lisa M.
Is this spray oily or greasy? ☹️