OUAI Treatment Mask for Thick Hair

by Ouai

What it is: A mask that restores hydration, repairs damage, and adds shine to thick hair with almond, macadamia, and olive oils, shea and illipe butters, and hydrolyzed keratin.

Hair Type: Straight, Wavy, and Curly

Hair Texture: Thick

Hair Concerns:
- Dryness
- Shine
- Damage, Split Ends, and Breakage

Key Benefits:
- Provides hydration for dry, damaged hair
- Strengthens with proteins to prevent breakage
- Leaves hair healthy with a shiny finish

Highlighted Ingredients:
- Illipe and Shea Butters: Hydrate and condition dry, over-processed hair.
- Almond, Olive, and Macadamia Oil Blend: Softens and smooths hair while adding shine.
- Hydrolyzed Keratin and Protein: Prevent breakage while reducing frizz and flyaways.

Ingredient Callouts: Free of parabens, formaldehydes, formaldehyde-releasing agents, phthalates, mineral oil, retinyl palmitate, oxybenzone, coal tar, hydroquinone, sulfates SLS & SLES, triclocarban, triclosan, and contains less than one percent synthetic fragrance. It is also gluten-free, cruelty-free, and comes in recyclable packaging.

What Else You Need to Know: This moisturizing mask is safe for color-treated hair, keratin treatments, and chemically treated hair.

Fragrance Description: This mask is scented with Melrose Place, a rose fragrance with hints of bergamot, lychee, cedarwood, and musk.

Suggested Usage:
-After cleansing, rinse hair with warm water.
-Remove excess water from hair.
-Apply a quarter-size amount starting from the ends and working to the roots.
-Comb product through with fingers or wide-tooth comb.
-Chill out for five minutes, then rinse with cool water.

Recycling Instructions:
-Rinse and clean out jar and deposit into recycling bin.

Ingredients

-Illipe and Shea Butters: Hydrate and condition dry, over-processed hair.
-Almond, Olive, and Macadamia Oil Blend: Softens and smooths hair while adding shine.
-Hydrolyzed Keratin and Protein: Prevent breakage while reducing frizz and flyaways.

Aqua (Water, Aqua, Cetyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride (Anti-Static Agent/Agent Antistatique), Cetearyl Alcohol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Amodimethicone, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Hydrogenated Castor Oil/Sebacic Acid Copolymer, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Cetyl Esters, Quaternium-87, C18-38 Alkyl Hydroxystearoyl Stearate, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Propylene Glycol Dibenzoate, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Keratin, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Hydrolyzed Pea Protein, Hydrolyzed Adansonia Digitata Seed Extract, Shorea Stenoptera Seed Butter, Tocopherol, C10-40 Isoalkylamidopropyl- Ethyldimonium Ethosulfate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Caprylyl Glycol, Bht, Trideceth-3, Trideceth-15, Acetic Acid, Dimethicone, Laureth-23, Laureth-4, Salicylic Acid, Divinyldimethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer, C12-13 Pareth-23, C12-13 Pareth-3, Sodium Hydroxide, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Disodium Phosphate, Sodium Phosphate, Polysorbate 60, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Citric Acid, Disodium Edta, Cetrimonium Chloride (Anti-Static Agent/Agent Antistatique), Sodium Chloride, Isopropyl Alcohol, Potassium Sorbate, Benzyl Alcohol, Sodium Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum (Fragrance), Linalool, Citronellol.

How is the OUAI Treatment Mask for Thick Hair on thick, coily, natural hair? Is it any good?
OUAI Treatment Mask for Thick Hair Is this product good for natural curly/coily hair?
I Love love love ouai and have their conditioner spray and want to try some of their other products. Tell me why you love this product or why you don’t like it?
Start your review of OUAI Treatment Mask for Thick Hair!
How would you rate this product?
Toledo, OH
OUAI Treatment Mask for Thick Hair uploaded by Danielle S.
There wasnt any clear instructions for this product so I used it in place of conditioner during my shower. I fly a lot and always in different climates.. sometimes I feel like my hair gets dried out. I left it on for the desired amount of time. Decided to brush my hair and blow dry afterwards and it left my hair feeling hydrated, silky and soft. I could definitely feel the difference in my hair and hydration just by using this product. Definitely recommend giving it a try!
Manassas Park, VA
OUAI Treatment Mask for Thick Hair uploaded by Flavia F.
I got this hair mask a few weeks ago, yesterday was my second time using it, and it really made my hair thicker and meanwhile more soft. The only bad thing about this product is the price, it is a little salty. But definitely it worths the price.
Saint Paul, MN
OUAI Treatment Mask for Thick Hair uploaded by Britta D.
I was excited to review this deep conditioning mask and love that it was formulated for thick hair. It gave me a ton of moisture and made my waves voluptuous and soft, perfect for the winter months when I can’t be bothered to wear 4 types of gel as part of my routine. I found that, for my high porosity hair, leaving the mask on wet hair for the recommended 5 minutes was actually TOO much moisture, so I used it in place of my normal conditioner instead, leaving it only on for about a minute. That struck a great balance for me! I have to take off a star because it contains silicones and is therefore not appropriate for the Curly Girl Method. Silicones aren’t always a bad thing, but they can weigh your hair down over time if you don’t occasionally do a “reset” wash. Your mileage may vary, though, and I adore that Ouai is cruelty free and consistent across the brand. Every product I’ve tried from Ouai has either been a total hit or just not right for *me* but still with good ingredients and goals. I’d recommend this product to someone who needs a TON of moisture and a luxurious deep conditioning experience. I found that I used a little more than I thought I would because there’s not a ton of slip, but I still have more than half the jar left after 5 deep conditioning treatments on my very long and thick hair.
Herndon, VA
OUAI Treatment Mask for Thick Hair uploaded by Cindy P.
OUAI Treatment Mask for Thick Hair uploaded by Cindy P.
This is my favorite hair treatment mask. It smells divine, and it hydrates my hair so much every time I use it.
Loxahatchee, FL
OUAI Treatment Mask for Thick Hair uploaded by Jessica B.
How'd Like My Nice Short Shinny Hair 😍 Thanks To @influenster They Send Me Over This Ouai Hair Mask For My Dry Hair This Basically Hydrates My Hair And If You'd Smell It You Wouldn't Stop Smelling It. I Love The Scent. I'm Not Gonna Lie Ever Since I Chop Off My Hair And Use This Hair Mask, My Hair Feels So Much Better..
Cleveland, TN
OUAI Treatment Mask for Thick Hair uploaded by Melody H.
I am a hair mask user to the max, and let me tell you how much this one stands apart from the others— it doesn’t leave my hair feeling greasy, the fragrance is better than the fruity smells you typically get from hair products, and it washes out easily. I’ve tried a lot of hair masks and they take forever to rinse because my hair is so thick and they’re so oily. I feel like those other masks just coat the hair as opposed to this one that feels like it penetrates the hair. It doesn’t weigh my hair down, either. I definitely would recommend to anyone who is in the market for a new hair mask! Definitely will buy this one again.
Mesa, AZ
OUAI Treatment Mask for Thick Hair uploaded by Sonora M.
I am in love with this treatment mask! My hair is super thick, and can be very dry at times. This mask brought my hair back to life. Every time I use it my hair is softer than it’s ever been, and I physically feel my hair getting stronger. I’d recommend this for anyone with thick frizzy tangly hair! It also smells amazing!
Portland, ME
OUAI Treatment Mask for Thick Hair uploaded by Marissa H.
Loved it! It was so smooth and left my hair feeling so soft! My hair is typically pretty dry so I was worried this wouldn’t help but I’m very impressed with how well it held up and gave my hair so much body and volume.
Norwalk, CA
OUAI Treatment Mask for Thick Hair uploaded by Mariah R.
OUAI Treatment Mask for Thick Hair uploaded by Mariah R.
Purchased at: Sephora
It took forever to finally get my hands on this mask, but it is simply AMAZING! I have very thick and wavy hair that gets very frizzy. This immediately make it softer to the touch, shinier, and gave my hair the hydration it was needing! There is 8oz in the container too which is more product than what other brands offer. I will definitely be buying this again! 🤩 #ouai
Boulder, CO
OUAI Treatment Mask for Thick Hair uploaded by Danielle E.
I received this in a vox box and already it has become a favorite. It smells amazing and leaves my hair shiny, soft, and easy to brush (which is a real accomplishment with how thick my hair is). Highly recommend!!
Received complimentary sample from Influenster
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Severn, MD
Beverly, MA
il y a 2 mois
OUAI Treatment Mask for Thick Hair have you tried this? What did it do for your hair? Any likes or dislikes? TIA
Pinehurst, TX
il y a 3 mois
Lindsay D. il y a un mois
It smells amazing, but honestly I didn’t think it did that much for my hair in terms of improving the texture or appearance