OUAI Super Dry Shampoo

by Ouai

What it is: A super-absorbent dry shampoo that instantly soaks up excess oil and revives volume and body, while leaving hair feeling clean and healthy.

Hair Type: Straight, Wavy, Curly, and Coily

Hair Texture: Fine, Medium, and Thick

Key Benefits: Absorbs oil, color safe, and adds volume and body

Formulation: Spray

Highlighted Ingredients:
- Rice Starch: Absorbs oil, helping to lift hair off the scalp creating volume and body.
- Volcanic Minerals: Naturally cleanses and detoxifies hair and scalp.
- Rhodiola Rosea Extract: Helps to fight free radicals making hair appear stronger and healthier.

Ingredient Callouts: Free of sulfates SLS and SLES, parabens, formaldehydes, formaldehyde-releasing agents, phthalates, mineral oil, retinyl palmitate, oxybenzone, coal tar, hydroquinone, triclosan, and triclocarban. This product is also vegan and cruelty-free.

What Else You Need to Know: Formulated without talc or powder, Super Dry Shampoo blends easily in all hair types, and uses an innovative, angled nozzle making it super easy to reach areas where oil can hide. A powerful blast lifts hair off the scalp creating effortless, clean volume. This super-absorbant dry shampoo is safe for color and chemically-treated hair

In a number of reviews people mention the great scent of this product, but I am curious as to what the scent is exactly? Please be as specific as possible. Thank you fellow Influensters.
Start your review of OUAI Super Dry Shampoo!
How would you rate this product?
Vallejo, CA
OUAI Super Dry Shampoo uploaded by Kayla A.
This dry shampoo has changed my life! First thoughts, the scent is great. It does spray at a different angle than other dry shampoos but that will just take some getting used to. There is a lot of white powder but is easily dispersed as you rub the dry shampoo in. What I was so impressed by is that my hair looked amazing all day! It added some volume to my greasy 2 day old hair. My hair looked fresh and clean all day. It is pricy compared to my old dry shampoo but there is no comparison on the quality. Ouai is worth the price!
Dark Brown / Anti-Aging, Frizz, Heat Protection / Oily, Wavy, Kinky
Minneapolis, MN
OUAI Super Dry Shampoo uploaded by Angelica B.
My new favorite dry shampoo! It smells floral and fruity, kinda like a high-end shampoo at the hair salon. The application is easy and doesn’t leave any white spots. It makes me feel like I just washed my hair! I highly recommend this product; it’s my new go-to!
Light Brown / Damage, Dryness, Oily Scalp / Dry, Oily
Received complimentary sample from Influenster
OUAI Super Dry Shampoo uploaded by Mary R.
I got this free from Influenster and Ouai for testing purposes. I really like this dry shampoo. This was my first high end dry shampoo. I always thought that high end dry shampoos weren't worth it. But after i tried this, I was so wrong. As a college student who doesn't get a lot of sleep, I am always looking for things to cut out in the morning, and washing my hair was the biggest hassle. Not anymore. This really absorbed all of the extra oil in my curly hair. I will purchase this when I run out, because I was very impressed. Needless to say, my drugstore dry shampoo went in the trash and was replaced with this. The smell is lovely and it doesn't leave a white cast in your hair. Great product!
Brunette / Curls, Volume / Curly
Received complimentary sample from Influenster
OUAI Super Dry Shampoo uploaded by Stacey L.
I rely on dry shampoos to survive and only washing my hair 1-2x a week, I need an extra strength one! This Ouai Super Dry Shampoo does not disappoint! Great oil absorbing power, and smells like heaven. My hair feels clean without the stiffness. Key to using is spraying around the crown of your head, on different layers of your hair, letting it sit for a few minutes/longer the better. There will be a white cast while it sits and absorbs oil, then you shake and rub and comb through your hair until the white cast goes away. Then enjoy your full, voluminous, fresh looking and smelling hair! OUAI Super Dry Shampoo
Puyallup, WA
OUAI Super Dry Shampoo uploaded by D A N I 🌿 B.
I received this product to test and I was not only happy to receive it, but I’m pretty impressed! Some dry shampoos take sooo much to get your hair back to normal and then make the texture all weird, or even leave residue of the shampoo if you have to use more. This dry shampoo was actually ideal (aside from not being used to the spray angle which initially made me miss my head and spray my husband behind me 😂). Gave the volume back to my hair, left the texture feeling like the day after washing, and most importantly non-greasy. I’d definitely buy this product and probably will once it runs out.
Dark Brown / Color Protection, Damage, Dandruff / Normal, Wavy, Coarse
Foster city, CA
I’m a big fan of dry shampoo and this one has definitely become a contender. I like the scent and simplicity of the packaging. Tbh, I never know if I’m using dry shampoo correctly, so I read the directions and that’s when I fell in love. The quirky and relatable directions on the back made me love the product even more! The spray itself put life back into my oily hair & provided it with some good volume. My hair always looks a little funky after I wear it up for a while, but this made it look fresh and clean again
Dark Brown / Color Protection, Dandruff / Normal, Straight, Thick
La Mesa, CA
This is pricey, but it works. It also doesn’t leave too bad of a white cast (I have naturally red hair), and doesn’t mess with the texture of my hair like at all, which was a shocking & lovely surprise! I have a nose like a bloodhound & product smells typically don’t bother me because I like them, but this scent is a little strong for me. Everyone around me who can smell my hair loves it, though. The scent lasts until I wash it out. I use this one hair that hasn’t been washed for 7 days at most and it works well.
Although I absolutely loved the effectiveness of this product and how long it lasted with stopping the excess of oils in my hair along with giving me that extra volume, I am terribly disappointed in the fact that this product only had enough spray for 2 days. The second day, I couldn’t even finish completely dry-shampooing my roots. I know I was not using that much and I followed the directions. I would recommend this product, however I am completely disappointed in how fast it ran out of product.
Light Blonde / Brittleness, Color Protection, Damage / Dry, Normal, Oily
Atlanta, GA
I received this in my VoxBox for free for testing and luckily I had oily hair the day I received it. I used it right away and it made a huge difference! I have naturally very oily and dark hair so a lot of dry shampoos do not work for me, but this one did! Kept my hair looking fresh for an entire extra day! It doesn’t leave too much dry residue and if it does you can just massage the extra into your scalp and it disappears! I will definitely be purchasing this product once I run out!
Black / Brittleness, Damage, Frizz / Oily
Westerville, OH
OUAI Super Dry Shampoo uploaded by Erika R.
OUAI Dry Shampoo OUAI Dry Shampoo 🧴 SUPER DRY SHAMPOO 🧴 Así es como @Influenster me sigue consientiendo. Esta vez, me ha sorprendido con un DRY SHAMPOO de la marca @TheOUAI ⭐️ Para darle vida a mi cabello. Justo ahora, estoy usando a diario #Hats tejidos en el trabajo☝️🧶 (Para proteger mi 🧠 del frío 🥶) Mi cabello tiende a quedar graso más rápido de lo que ya estaba acostumbrado. Este “Shampoo Seco” de cortesía me ha caído del Cielo ⛅️ • Su olor es delicioso y fresco, y su textura es totalmente manejable ✨ Definitivamente LO RECOMIENDO 🔥 Si estás buscando algo especial en @SEPHORA yo no dudaría en llevar esto a casa. #ouaisted #contest #complimentary @theouai @Influenster
Dark Blonde / Anti-Aging, Brittleness, Color Protection / Dry, Normal, Oily
Received complimentary sample from Influenster
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Staff
E1 6AN
16 days ago
Patricia O. • 8 days ago
I haven’t got a chance to try it but so far most of the products I try from ouai are bomb !!
24 days ago
Grace M. • 4 days ago
It is much better! The smell is more along the lines of a professional grade product rather than a cheap floral scent, the packaging is nice, you barely have to use any product. It is overall a much better quality product.