OUAI Matte Pomade uploaded by Zeny A.OUAI Matte Pomade uploaded by Zeny A.

BY OUAI #55 in Pomades & Waxes

A matte pomade that gives both long and short hair piecey texture for that effortlessly cool look.

• Besswax
  • Kaolin Clay

Petrolatum, Kaolin, Beeswax, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Mineral Oil, Fragrance (Parfum), C18-38 Alkyl Hydroxystearoyl Stearate, Benzyl Benzoate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Citronellol, Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Geraniol

Melissa R.
Ouai’s Matte Pomade is one of my favorite finds of the year. I’m usually a slave to texture sprays, but this product works perfectly on my course, thick hair. Sometimes texture sprays can dry out my hair (which naturally looks like a lions mane), but this product adds the perfect amount of texture and separation, without that drying, rough feeling of texture sprays. It doesn’t weigh my hair down at all or make my hair feel dirty. Based on the texture of my hair, I always had a hard time achieving that “lived-in”, beachy, imperfect texture, but Matte Pomade was the answer to my hair prayers. I take a small amount and warm it between my hands, then take it through the ends and mid lengths of my hair. Perfect texture!
Susan N.
Monroe
All Ouai products smell divine, and this is no exception! It's quite hard in the tub, but you only need a little and it works great once you warm it up (ie emulsify) it between your fingers. I have a pixie cut and this really helps if I'm making a messier look OR if I want to smooth little pieces into place.
julia h.
Wheat Ridge , CO
Works great leaves hair nice and manager but yet the product keeps the hair in place is nice and soft and has that professional finish works great to do baby hairs with are even tame that messy hair
Andrea A.
Buffalo, NY
This pomade isn’t great for someone with fine hair. It’s a little too heavy/sticky. Also the fragrance is an extremely strong floral scent. Not my cup of tea. Sure it’s great for thicker hair.
Brae A.
Ann Arbor, MI
Recently chopped 6 inches of my hair into a lob. My hair won’t hold curls because it’s so short. This stuff gives my hair that effortless texture, you only need a little and it will last for months.
Hannah M.
Glenside , PA
I have mixed opinions on this product. I love the effect it had on my hair. It gave me the perfect beach waves. It has an amazing scent. However, the product itself seemed so hard in the jar. And it was very tough to get evenly spread through my hair since it was almost like a waxy consistency. The only reason I'll keep repurchasing this product is because I have yet to use any other product that gave me the exact amount of wave/curl I wanted without need to do more then just slap it on.
Zeny A.
I was first introduced to this product while working with OUAI at a braid bar and I was immediately amazed! First off, packaging is simple yet cute. Then you open it and oh my gosh this stuff smells so, sooo good! It's the perfect texture for hold without leaving the hair sticky nor looking super shiny. It is simply just perfection 🖤
Rosie L.
Lincoln Park, NJ
An absolute must have if you have short hair! I have a blunt cut bob and this stuff is amazing for giving me volume at my root, texture on my strands and a piece look at the ends. A little goes a long way so it's definitely worth the investment and keeps my hair looking amazing all day.
Raquel H.
Kalamazoo, MI
i have become obsessed with Ouai products. my husband can not live without this pomade now, so now when i purchase products I purchase two of everything! its lightweight but gets the job done, and i never feel the need to check how my hair looks throughout the day!
Kimberly A.
I love using this when i'm doing braids on someone and on myself. It really tames any fly aways around the hair line to give you a nice matte finish look. The scent is amazing like the rest of her products. Definitely one of my favorite hair product lines.

back