BY OUAI #5 in Hair Oil

A multitasking oil that smoothes frizz and seals split ends for high-gloss, super-smooth finish. Packed with African Galanga, Ama and Asian Borage oils keep color from fading and protect hair from heat damage.

• Ama Oil
  • Borage Oil
  • Baobab Seed Oil
  • African Galanga Root Extract

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Isododecane, Hydrogenated Ethylhexyl Olivate, Dimethiconol, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Jojoba Esters, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Adansonia Digitata Seed Oil, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Crambe Abyssinica Seed Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Passiflora Edulis Seed Oil, Moringa Oleifera Seed Oil, Coconut Alkanes, Kaempferia Galanga Root Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Extract, Amaranthus Caudatus Seed Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Root Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Tocopherol, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Parfum (Fragrance), Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Polysilicone-15, Diisostearyl Malate, Hydrogenated Olive Oil Unsaponifiables, Beta-Carotene, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Salicylate, Benzyl Benzoate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Methyl 2-Octynoate, Citronellol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hydroxycitronellal, Geraniol.

• How do you compare it to other products that are similar ...1 Answers
  • thoughts on this product ? would u reccomend ? how does i...1 Answers
  • Do you apply this when your hair is wet or dry??2 Answers
Buy on Sephora
Lily L.
Valley Stream, NY
helps minimize frizz and tangles between washes
I colored my hair for the first time 4 months ago (to be accurate, my hairdresser did the coloring). My hair is medium-thick and very dark, and I wanted bright red tips, so the bleach was left on for awhile. After bleaching and coloring, my hair felt very dry and frizzy, especially because it was winter and I was started blow drying my hair, so I bought this hair oil to help with lightweight moisture. At the time, I applied the product to my hair after blow-drying, by rubbing it onto my palms and then running my fingers through my hair and so forth. To be honest, I was only mildly impressed with the results so I didn't use it often. However, I had a Salon visit a couple weeks ago, and after talking to my hairdresser I realized (after 33 years) that I have wavy hair! This explains why my hair has always puffed up after brushing and gets frizzy when it's humid, go figure. In any case, at my hairdresser's recommendation I now gently comb my hair after showering, then put my hair up in a towel for awhile and then afterwards I let my hair down and scrunch this oil into my hair while damp and don't brush it afterwards. Now I'm in love with this oil! My hair hasn't felt this soft since I don't know when, and it seems to keep the frizz and tangles at bay, even as the humidity increases. Even after running with a ponytail, I've noticed that the tangles are easier to work out. Just goes to show how important it is to find what works for you!
Angie G.
I love hair oils and received a small sample of this in my ipsy glambag. Like other Ouai products, this smells really good. It's a gentle floral scent, peony with maybe some lilac. It's a very clean and feminine scent.

I have long hair that is bleached on the ends to create a balayage, so it's a little dry and damaged. I applied this to the damps ends of my hair after washing it and it added shine, helped reduce frizz, and made my hair feel smooth and healthy. I like that this wasn't a particularly runny or viscous formula (like the Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Marvelous Oil).

The full size (1.7 oz) is available at Sephora for $28 dollars. I have several drugstore hair oils that are a fraction of the cost and work equally well, although they don't smell nearly as good, so I won't be purchasing the full size for the time being (even though I am tempted!).
Erica S.
My favorite hair oil hands down! I received a sample size about 2 years ago in a beauty box and have been repurchasing the full size ever since. Even my salon carries Ouai products!! I have thick, wavy, frizzy, split end, damaged from heat & constant pulled back hair styles but when I use this hair oil you’d never know. Whether I put it in when my hair is damp before drying/styling or after, it never weighs my hair down or make it greasy looking. It smells amazing and gives my hair so much gorgeous shine. My hair looks and feels silky & shines. I’m obsessed with this hair oil. OUAI Hair OilOUAI Wave Spray
kaitlyn k.
steger , IL
I am always searching for new products to try when it comes to my hair because it’s probably my favorite asset. That being said, when I stumbled upon this product I had to try it out. I was not disappointed in the slightest, either!! I applied about 2 pumps to my hair - I have pretty thick hair and it’s a couple inches past my shoulders currently. I worked the product into my hair and after I dried my hair I was loving the results! My hair was so silky soft, and it had such a nice sheen to it as well. The scent of this product is so nice and light and flowery as well! Smells good, felt great. I would definitely buy this again and recommend it to anyone looking for a new hair care routine!
Shauna C.
The smell is just amazing! as soon as you put this product on your fingertips the smell just hits you but its such a great smell you don't mind, I put it on my finger tips and it felt like pure silk, and it doesn't take much at all to go through your hair, I ended up using too much the first time. Don't use this before you straighten your hair though, I did and it was weird it left my hair with a strike in it, my hair is bleached blonde and it left some spots in it, some were darker blonde than the rest, I learned my lesson and just used it after and that made a big difference, my hair was silky smooth and smelled so fantastic!
Mona Z.
Concord, NH
I typically use Moroccanoil for my hair, but purchased Ouai’s hair oil recently to shake things up a bit (and because the only Sephora near me is inside a JC Penney and does not carry Moroccanoil - but that’s beside the point). The Ouai hair oil is much lighter than the Moroccanoil, so I didn’t have high expectations, but boy did it deliver! The product absorbed very easily into my hair, and gave it just the right amount of added moisture plus some extra shine (not the greasy kind, thank the Lawd). Another added bonus, it smells like spring time which has been fantastic for the past few rainy days. I’ll most likely be using this from now instead of the Moroccanoil!
Erika B.
Dupont, WA
This time of year both my skin and my hair tend to be on the dry side and it seems no matter what I do or try, everything from drinking more water to Coconut Oil or Olive Oil supplements, it just happens.

Now I had originally received this hair oil in a kit with 2 other items I had purchased at Sephora during Summer.  I was wanting to try another hair oil, that didn't leave my curls greasy or weighed down, like so many others I've tried do.

Now I have curly, wavy hair, as I am half Hawaiian, so on good days the curls and waves are nice, look great, but on Winter days like we've already been getting, I wake up looking like cousin IT from the Adams family! lol  So I was looking for something nourishing, but what I found in the Ouai Rose Hair and Skin Oil was a nourishing shine, that also adds a bit of control, that for me at least isn't at all greasy and doesn't weight my curls or waves down.

Love it so much I just bought my 2nd full-size bottle!  Plus it seems to absorb nicely, after about 10 mins in my hair, wet or dry, there is no residue on my hands at all and when I have applies to my skin it absorbs quickly and just leaves a hint of shine!
Katie O.
Dade City
Love this hair oil! I've tried a lot of hair oils and most just made my hair look and feel greasy without really taming the frizz but this one does wonders for my crazy hair. It gives my hair shine and silkiness without making me look like I haven't washed my hair in weeks, it definitely last all day. The only reason I gave this product 4 stars instead of 5 is the very strong scent. It's a pleasant florally scent but way too strong in my opinion, I get headaches fairly easily. On the bright side, it's not the artificial floral smell, it smells like an actual bouquet of flowers.
Mollie D.
Salina, OK
WOWW! I am obsessed with this hair oil now. I recieved a deluxe size sample of it, and still have some left. A little goes a long way.
Has a green, honeysuckle like scent. I have really long hair that I've at-home dyed like 5-6 times in my life. I never use hot tools or hair dryers, and am in desperate need of a trim, lolll.
For my hair being so long and having so many split ends, this is a lifesaver. I use 2-3 pumps, since my hair is so long. It's just enough! Adds shine, amazingly seals split-ends and does NOT weigh my hair down.
Would definitely repurchase and recommend!
Jamie 💛.
San Bernrdno, CA
I'm not a person who adds products to my hair because I don't want it to be harmed or be all awkward.. But, if I truly believe I need to add something to my hair I use 2 pumps of this after I shower and my hair looks freaking AMAZING. Ever since I stopped using products, my hair has been looking amazing and my natural hair is coming back which is a YAY. I used to put heat in my hair, dye it and do all that bad stuff to my hair, now I put heat in my hair once a month and when I do I add 2-3 pumps of this and my hair is back looking beautiful and snatched. It revives my hair, and I love this. It is pricey, and I rarely recommend high-end products if you can get one cheaper. But, I recommend this even with that hefty price. I tried hair oils and this was the best I've used!
Koraima P.
La Palma, CA
Does this product really help with the frizz?
Jamie Rose S.
Where can you purchase this brand at?
Victoria F.
Spring Valley, CA
Is this scented?
Jenn B.
Waltham, MA
Does this weigh down your hair?
Dania W.
Love hair oils but some leave my hair too greasy. Does anyone know if this product leave that greasy feeling?? Thinking of buying this product