BY OUAI #12 in Dry Shampoo

• Volcanic Minerals

Buy on Sephora
Lemon.Ellie B.
Glen Allen, VA
This innovation is amazing - Dry Shampoo does not have to have this "hair spray like" utility. I love that this is a mousse and not a spray. Oribe which is one of the best Dry Shampoo so far cannot hold a candle to this mousse. It has a light fragrance of rose, which is awesome on the 3rd day of not washing your hair. I'm a student and I work part-time as a waitress, this is perfect for the days I'm too tired to wash my hair. I love it it has replaced all my dry shampoos and I hope they start carrying it at Barneys soon. No complaints. The only dry shampoo mousse on the market, she (Jennifer Atkins) is a innovative genius! I also admire her story, she worked very hard and not a lot of people that are successful in the hair industry can say that. Buy it, try it at sephora, you wont regret it. Dont let other reviews deter you. I have very greasy hair and without this product I'd have to wash my hair everyday.
Danielle K.
Annandale, VA
So, got this as a mini trial size in a subscription box. I immediately fell in love with the scent...quite floral but pretty like all their other products.

Only got one application from the tin so as I Love Ouai products, decided to splash out and buy the full sized item. It cost around $28....which is quite pricey! But I thought it would be worth it.

The spray immediately softens, and appears to break down hair products, so you will be able to squeeze an extra day without washing....and I use a lot of anti-frizz oils, hairspray and leave in conditioner as my hair is usually course and frizzy.
This did exfoliate and also left my hair feeling quite smooth, and shiny too. And the fragrance was lovely.

Now cons, the tin didn’t last long....and when I say not long I mean about 4 1/2 applications...which when you consider the price isn’t really worth it. My hair is medium long, and I didn’t use too much either.

Maybe for occasional use, but if you are like me and will want to use it once a week to stretch out the washings...maybe go for a product that is a little cheaper. Other than the price and quantity...it’s a great product
Elizabeth C.
Louisville, KY
This has the great scent of all ouai products. It's not too powdery at all and is super easy to apply and brush out and rub into your scalp with your fingertips quickly with hardly any white powder and what is there sets in and works almost immediately with very little effort.
It's not more expensive than other brands of dry shampoo of the same quality.
I still prefer my all time favorite the dry bar dry shampoo because out of all of the high end brands I've tried it works the best but this isn't far behind and I really love the scent.
It immediately disperses through the hair and sucks up all the oil immediately giving my hair back the volume and texture it had a day previous.
I have very thick, very curly hair that is very frizzy and heat damaged with breakage and split ends. I don't ever want to dry my hair out and need products that work well with my heat tools without drying my hair out more because I flat iron or curl or wave my hair daily. I wash my hair every 4 to 6 days. I wash the day after it becomes very oily in the roots, because that's the only place I get oily hair after days and then I blow dry and flat iron on that day.
This specific dry shampoo plays well with my irons in that it doesn't get a weird texture under heat or on the plates of my iron. It also doesn't get a weird or heavy texture under heat on my hair. It works just the same with out without heat which is very important to me.
It freshen my hair up in look and scent for an entire day to get me through until my wash but the scent is not too strong or alienating that it would bother anyone. It has a very light, fresh and lightly feminine scent. It smells and feels luxe and expensive. Its of very high quality. This is of course important of I'm going to spend this kind of money and not buy a cheap drugstore product.
It's also great at giving texture to just washed hair for certain styles to give grip and texture without knotting the hair up and drying it out with alcohol based products like hair spray and texture sprays so it's amazing for that as well.
Overall I definitely recommend. Its an amazing choice and much better than even more expensive brands like Elizabeth and James nirvana perfumed dry shampoo of any scent and it's one of my go tos for sure. I always keep a bottle around.
Only purchase from authorized retailers like sephora because there are a lot of fakes out there and even if the bottle looks similar you will never get the same quality out of a fake so it's worth spending the extra few dollars at an authorized retailer to get the real thing like all high end beauty and fashion products.
Liz G.
Philadelphia, PA
definitely not a fan of this dry shampoo. i put this on and really shook my hair up, brushed it and everything and i was out with family and they told me they thought i had gray hair showing and little did i know it was just the dry shampoo. and it got very thick and weird textured like hairspray. luckily this was given to me from a friend so i didnt waste money on it but i definitely will not go out of my way to purchase this. would definitely recommend the foam though! i think theres a huge difference between the way it settles.
Allison W.
Mckinney, TX
Love love love dry shampoo. And I love love love this brand!!! To me, this is kind of a quickly growing luxury brand that seems to kill it with each and every product they offer from unique spays and skin potions to kick a** dry shampoo! Over this past year, this Ouai brand went from a pretty unknown brand to me... and crossed over into my half dozen “best of the best” brands that I turn to “when in doubt” and know no matter the product, it will deliver!

This particular dry shampoo is a great formula that completely extends time between washes without making my hair feel oily, extra weight-y, or looking like I’ve thrown powder on my scalp/roots. In my opinion, the best dry shampoo’s do not weigh your hair down, make it look powdered, and don’t mess with the texture of my hair too much. I have extremely thick hair already and don’t like to add volume much. So, I would say these are my absolute top dry shampoo’s in order:
1. Oribe
2. Ouai
3. Living Proof
4. Klorane
Kayla C.
Dallas, Tx
I love Ouai products and dry shampoo so I was excited to try this. I just don't like it that much. It has that really overwhelming Ouai scent (I liked it but it was really strong). I do appreciate that it doesn't leave a white cast, but it made my hair more oily. It was almost like a hairspray instead of a dry shampoo. It does volumize really well though, so that's probably it's only saving grace.
Carmen M.
Bowling Green, OH
Jamie Genevieve made me buy it! This product is to die for as far as dry shampoo goes. Even though this product is quite pricey, it is well worth it for perfectly styled hair. The first quality of this product that makes it so amazing is that it is a FOAM product that dries down into a powder! Who doesn't love foam?! It makes application so easy, that the product doesn't just stay in one area. It's impossible to over use it! Also, a little goes a long way! It takes away all the unnecessary oils in your hair, leaving you with a clean, dry look! I can't get enough of this product honestly. If you are looking for a great, high end, dry shampoo, this is your best pick! It works so well with the  OUAI Texturizing Hair Spray for an extra oomph in your style ;)
Inna S.
New Castle, DE
I should say that I use dry shampoo in everyday quite often. During weekends at mt friends' home or if have not enough time in the morning before going to work. This shampoo is good. It lifts my hair, it looks more fresh. Mattifying a little bit but that is not a problem.
roya a.
LOS ANGELES, CA
This bad boy smells good and does the trick. I often use this on set for photoshoots when the models have thin and stringy hair- it amps it up and makes their hair look full and luxurious. And a perk? when i’m too lazy to wash all of this hair on my head? this works great. i’m just not a big ol’ fan of dry shampoo- hence the 4 stars.
Alice S.
Love the brand for being cruelty free. Love the product for misting properly and not being cakey, especially since my formerly bleached hair is now black again. Blends in well and does the job to freshen my roots. Since I color my hair I can’t wash it everyday, but I have fine, limp hair. This doesn’t weigh it down. Love it!
Millicent K.
Ewa Beach, HI
is this the same as regular shampoo?
Jaime s.
Is this a good dry shampoo? How does it smell?
Joo L.
Valhalla, NY
I've wanted to try a dry shampoo and heard good things about this brand, does it leave any residue in your hair? I have dark hair so I don't want anything showing in my hair. Also is the smell strong?
Reiya B.
Is this a good dry shampoo for oily hair? And will it leave a white cast on my dark hair?
Jessica L.
Costa Mesa, CA
How does this compare to the Oribe texturizing spray?