Oster Professional 76080-10 Deep Vibes Professional Adjustable Vibrating Clipper

BY OSTER

4.00 / 5 based on 1 Review

The deep vibes by oster is a professional grade magnetic motor driven clipper. It runs at 3600 strokes per minute. The streamlined body with its textured grip is balanced and contoured to fit in your hand for comfortable, all-day usage. see more...

Review (1)
Rob K.
Staff
I just bought this and after the first use, I'm very satisfied. I got it for $35, so I was expecting something on the lower end of the quality spectrum, but it has blown away my expectations. Many reviews I have seen complained about the noise, but this can be fixed and should not deter you from purchasing this product if you are interested.

This clipper comes with a few combs for length and tapering, blade oil, and a cleaning brush. The box was not very clear with this fact - when it had this 'accessories' sticker on it, i thought it meant they would be sold separately!
Taking it out of the box, the first thing I noticed was the weight. It's got a heavy-duty metal casing, so it was clear that Oster was not fooling around with this even though it's their bargain model. When I actually started using it, I noticed it has a very powerful motor that is much stronger and quieter than my cheap-o $20 clipper from years ago. The adjustable metal guard is great for getting different shorter lengths without changing blades or combs, and it cuts down everything in its path.

It does have a few drawbacks, but they are easy to work around if you are only using it for home use and not cutting hair all day -- which is my situation. It is heavy and vibrates a lot, which would get very annoying for long term use. Furthermore, the adjustable blade guard can get knocked out of alignment and one side of the blades will cut shorter than the other. This can be fixed by tapping it lightly against a hard surface and tightening the screws. Just be sure to check it before use. Furthermore, this product is prone to rattling if the screws internally are a bit loose, and then it gets really really loud during use. I'm sure things can get loosened during shipping and storing when it leaves the factory. It is an easy fix as long as you are not afraid of screwdrivers, though. Simply unscrew the metal casing, and then tighten the internal screws (I think there were only 2), and then put the metal casing back on. It's an easy fix for the problem for me, but it could be an unfortunate inconvenience, especially if it starts rattling in a professional setting when you are cutting a client's hair.

This might not be the best professional model out there, but from my limited experience, it blows other home clippers out of the water. I would definitely recommend if you want a solid set of clippers but don't want to shell out a lot of dough.

Also, to answer my own question that I asked a few weeks ago - The attachments from the Oster 76 do not fit this model, i believe the blades are completely different.
Rob K.
Staff
Does this use the same blades/accessories as the Oster 76?

back