BY OSTER

Nail grinder great for cats or dogs. 2 adjustable speeds. Safety guard prevents accidental pain. 1-year warranty. Dimensions: 5.25L x 2W x 9.75H inches. The Oster Gentle Paws Cordless Nail Grinder Grooming Kit is up to five times faster at safely grinding away nail. Two adjustable speeds adapt to any thickness of nail, and the unique safety guard prevents accidental pain from hair winding. The Gentle Paws rotating nail grinder from Oster is the easy, fast, and stress-free way to trim nails. One-year limited warranty. Dimensions: 5.25L x 2W x 9.75H inches. see more...

• Is this loud or kind of quiet!?! I bought I different bra...4 Answers
Deidra C.
This product works great! If you have dogs that hate getting their nails filed than this is for you! It works very fast! I have 2 dogs that hate getting their nails filed, but with this tool it’s less painful for me!
Heather L.
I tried the clippers in the past and I found that it splayed his nails and made the edges sharp.
I've been using this on my pup since he was 4mths. Even at that age he was very scared when the grinder turned on. Pet owners should introduce the grinder and turn it on and reward them for not squirming away.
My recommendation for first time user is be patient and confident. Have someone help you - I use to hold my pup while feeding/ rewarding him for being calm, while the bf filed his nails. Hold the paw FIRM don't let go no matter how much he wiggles. Be sure to expose/extend the nail and hold that firm and place the grinder on it FIRMLY. The nerve is running along the quick if you're not holding it firm the dremel vibrates the nail - that hurts. Don't leave the grinder on the nail for more than 30sec his nail will get hot from the motor spinning = uncomfy/rubber smell. Lastly if you're confident take off the cap - there's less noise and better control to round out the nail.
Jennifer L.
I bought this when my puppy was about 5 months old because spending $30 to get his nails fixed at a groomer every month was not worth it. It was hard getting my puppy used to this..he's not scared of the noise it just makes him feel uncomfortable if he's sitting there for way too long. I give him treats to make it better and he calms down towards the end. I think it's worth the $20 spent on this. Although, sometimes it's hard to get his nails through the holes because of the guard. Also, when you're done grinding them down they're not completely fine..you have to file them down otherwise they're so sharp.
Krystyn T.
Bought thinking it would be great for trimming my cats sharp nails. He really likes to knead and it HURTS, not to mention our ruined couch.. The noise doesn't bother him; we made sure to introduce it slowly. The problem is that it's so hard to get his tiny nails through the plastic guard and to the actual trimmer. I have to squeeze his paw and manipulate his arm to position the nail just right. The smell when trimming is pretty bad too. So far this hasn't been a great buy. Maybe with time and more practice it will get better.
Jordan B.
Creedmoor, NC
I thought using this would be easier than regular clippers, but I was wrong. I have a 60 pound dog and it barely filed her nails down. Made me nervous because after about 2 nails it smelled like it was burning, so I wasn't willing to risk hurting her. The noise was also not something she reacted to well. May work better for smaller dogs.
Quinn R.
1,247 reviews
I'm on my 3rd one of these. I just bought the 3rd one last week. I don't like his nails cut with those dangerous clippers. The motor wears out in this so fast. It runs on batteries.
melissa l.
Las Vegas, NV
Works good to trim my dogs nails even when they don’t stand still. It’s not uncomfortable for them . The loudness is the only thing that scares them
Madison L.
I don't personally have these but the vet I work at uses these from time to time depending on the animal. Seems to work well, just gotta be careful
Alicia S.
CHESTERFIELD, MO
Be careful with these. If you leave them in one spot even half a second too long, it will get VERY hot on the nail and can hurt your pet.
Tammy D.
Buffalo, WY
Would be a better product if option of battery and or plug in verses just battery. Doesn't seem to work very well on thick nails.
LaToya J.
Is this loud or kind of quiet!?! I bought I different brand previously and it was quite loud and scared my dog so I could never use it.