Orphan Barrel Barterhouse 20 Year Old Bourbon

by Orphan Barrel

Barterhouse is an above average tasting experience that you¡¯ll probably enjoy your time with. For a 20 year old bourbon it has surprisingly very manageable levels of oak and a very playful amount of sweetness. It¡¯s an interesting first release in Diageo¡¯s Orphan Barrel brand that makes me curious what else they have in store.

No one has asked a question yet! Be the first!
+ Ask a question
Start your review of Orphan Barrel Barterhouse 20 Year Old Bourbon !
Glendale Hts, IL
This is a great bourbon! My husband's friend brought this over one evening and we all enjoyed it. The nose starts with a little vanilla. The first sip is actually quite smooth and not too sweet. It is aged 20 years, so there is definitely a good oak flavor, but certainly not too much. I highly recommend this as a good Sunday sipping bourbon.
My husband and I love this whiskey! It is great to sip on and relax with a delicious flavor and smooth finish. It stands out great on its own or in an old fashion! We are repeat customers and will continue to be! We recommend it to all our friends and recommend it to all consumers
Bellevue, KY
Not your average bottle. While this bourbon isn’t cheap it definitely lives up to the hype! The flavor is smooth and distinguished while also keeping it fun with the labeling and packaging. 100% recommend to friends!
Millmont, PA
Purchased at: Amazon
I tried this once at a friends party, and I must say, it's one of the better bourbons I've had. However, not being an expert on good bourbon, I can only give it a 3 star review to be safe
Scituate, MA
I cannot speak higher of Orphan Barrel Bourbon.  My husband and I received Barterhouse as a house warming present, and it opened our eyes to the world of Orphan Barrel.  We've since purchased Old Blowhard and Forged Oak, and we actually just returned from a visit to the Bourbon Trail in Kentucky where we got to learn so much more about this series.  I'm very excited to try more, but you honestly cannot go wrong with the value that is Barterhouse if you are first starting out!
Glendale Hts, IL
This is a really good bourbon. A friend of mine brought this over for the holidays and I was very pleased. You get a note of vanilla on the nose. Your first sip is very smooth and sweet, but not overly sweet. The finish leaves you with a pleasant oak flavor. However, being aged 20 years, the oakiness is definitely not too much. Highly recommend this as an evening sipping bourbon.
Perry, IA
Out of the three that I’ve tried this one falls in between. It’s not overly sweet and not overly Woody. It has a nice complex flavor. It’s pricey but it’s nice if you’re a collector or have a fondness for bourbon. It’s not something to mix with anything. It’s something to be enjoyed as is.
Newton, NC
Let me tell you a story... Partner's cousin was talking crap one day. His dad gave him three shots of this and man was saying he could best anyone in a fight. Tries to swing at his dad. Dad knocks him out and drags him to bed. Guy doesn't remember it when he wakes up.
Brentwood, TN
This was definitely not worth the price in my opinion. There are cheaper bourbons than are much better. Flavor wasn’t good—very charred and not smooth. I have only bought this once and wouldn’t purchase again. Didn’t like it.
Barboursville, WV
Worked as a bartender for over 10 years. Love all sorts of whiskey but this is my favorite! Has a unique flavor of biscuits and buttercream, I believe. A little pricey but well worth it. Even the bottle is beautiful.

Looking for your answer?