Orly Bonder Rubberized Basecoat

by ORLY

Bonder, a unique rubberized basecoat, grips lacquer to the nail surface for lasting adhesion.  Prevents nail lacquer from wearing off for up to two weeks. DBP Free

Does this stain your nails OR make them brittle?
How long the manicure lasts? My nails chip very fast ....
Does this really work? Polish peels right off my nails all the time but I hate looking at my bare nails.
Start your review of Orly Bonder Rubberized Basecoat!
Product Highlights
“It does prevent chipping a little bit longer compared to if you just do your regular coats of nail polish but added with a top coat as well, the color lasts much longer!” in reviews
“This base coat helps my polish stick to my nails and stay on much, much longer than it would without.” in reviews
“No matter what the brand or formula of your nail color, you mani will not last as long and the nail polish will be more likely to stain if you don't use a base coat.” in reviews
“The rubberized texture after drying really does seem to make my polish last longer than with most other basecoats I've tried.” in reviews
Sudbury, ON
Purchased at: TJ Maxx
Wow, literally wow. First let me tell you that I hate painting my nails. They always smudge and chip and I eventually take the polish off because I feel so crappy about how they look. I bought this base coat on a whim, because it seemed promising. I had loved doing my nails with gel polish (the only application technique that hadn’t smudged or chipped) & because this wasn’t just a base coat, but a bonder, I thought that I’d give it a try. It works incredibly well. While you still have to wait longer than gel polish for your nails to dry, this base coat keeps your mani looking incredibly well, for a much longer time than with regular polishing techniques. No smudging, quicker dry time, and no chips during the first week. A must have if you paint your nails!
Bakersfield , CA
This works soooo well for nail stamping and chrome powders!! I will use it occasionally as a regular base coat as well, and it seems to help sheer polished apply more evenly. For stamping, it works well to help reverse-stamped designs stick to your nail once they have dried on the stamper. For chrome powders, it dries just slightly tacky so you don’t need to use a gel topcoat in order to get a mirror chrome or holo powder to stick evenly. A little goes a long way, and the price is great for the amount you get. Highly recommend for nail art enthusiasts!!
I purchased this because I was looking for a base coat. When using this I have noticed your polish does seem to stay on a little longer, but I feel it depends on what brand you use. I have used other brand polishes after applying this base coat and they seem to work fine. A base coat is great before applying polish, especially dark polishes. And most importantly applying a base coat will make your polish last longer. There are so many other base coats out there that are more expensive and better. But if your ona budget and don’t care try this brand
Howard Beach, NY
Bonder was a base coat I kept hearing nail bloggers talk about again and again. What makes it special is the fact that it dries with a slightly sticky feel so that it can really grip the next coat of color that you apply. It really does help to make my manicures last longer (my record has been 14 days without chipping before I simply needed to redo my nails due to growth), and it's one of the few nail products that I've used where I've actually finished the entire bottle. It should be a staple in every manicure kit.
Sacramento, California
Purchased at: Amazon
The rubberized bonding agent used in this base coat makes it the most effective base coat I have ever used in my life and I have been doing my own manicures for 20 years. My Sally Hansen nail polish stayed on without a chip for 13 days! And no top coat was needed. I could have left the nail polish on longer as it was still looking good at 13 days, but I needed to change the color. Anyone I let borrow this, immediately buys it for them self. Again this is the best base coat I've ever seen and I think it's due to the rubberized bonding agent which is not in most other base coat.
Merrimack, NH
This base coat makes my nail polish peel. I have very thin weak nails so a good base coat is very important. It makes the polish (no matter what brand and I have tried my very favorite expensive brands) peel up in a sheet after only a day or two almost as if it was a peel of base coat. For the longest time I thought I confused this with a peel of base coat because of that but is supposed to be for long wear! Don’t recommend.
Anoka, MN
I work in a home improvement store. It is very hard on my nails. Not only am I always touching things that require me to wash my hands, I'm handling things like lumber and rebar. I wear nail polish to protect my nails in addition to just liking color, but it doesn't last long. This base doubles the wear time of my polish. It's never going to last long, but I can go a week without needing to redo my nails vs a couple of days.
Aurora, CO
GAME CHANGER! I used to use the OPI base and never felt anything particular strong about it, it did the job find. This though? I recommend it to everyone. It indeed dries down to a rubbery-to-the-touch base that really grabs that first coat of polish, creating a great foundation. I’ve definitely seen an impact on the longevity of my manicures when paired with a good top coat. I’ll never switch to anything else.
I have seen ppl raving about this product! But personally it did not suit my needs! My nail chemistry is weird and my nails chip if I use a sticky base coat underneath my polish and then try to remove it with polish remover! Thats why I tend to use ridge filling base coats! I thought this product would change the pattern but unfortunately the stickiness did not work out for me, so I had to stop using it! :(
Monroe, NC
I am beyond impressed with this rubberized base coat. Just as described, the base coat truly, grabs the nail polish color allowing for optimal results. Optimal results, equals, less product use. I have only had this bottle for a very short period of time and I am hooked! Without a doubt, I would highly recommend this product to EVERYONE... it is simply, a MUST HAVE! Orly Bonder Rubberized Basecoat
Ask a question to the Influenster community...