by Orijen

Orijen Grain-Free Chicken Turkey Fish Puppy Dry Dog Food Contains cage-free chicken and turkey, nest-laid eggs, wild Pacific salmon, Northern walleye, herring, fruit and vegetables. It is packed with protein and nourishing fats to promote lean muscle...

No one has asked a question yet! Be the first!
+ Ask a question
Start your review of Orijen Biologically Appropriate Grain-Free Chicken, Turkey & Fish Puppy Dry Dog Food, 4.5 LB!
How would you rate this product?
Utah
My pup loves this food she scarfs it’s down when ever it’s presented. It does meet my expectations. It fills her up. I would make the kibbles smaller. She loves it! Her favorite food ever! She won’t eat anything else! I would totally recommend. It is a bit expensive though.
My dogs loved this food as puppies. I switched from the wellness brand as I thought the ingredients were better in origen products. It is expensive but I don't mind paying for the quality. My puppies also had no issues with the switching of food brands to this
Great dog food after much research I’ve found that this is the best food for my babies! I wouldn’t improve it’s perfect and both my Yorkshire Terriers love the taste! And yes I highly recommend this food to other owners!
Pontotoc MS
The pups love this food! It is easy on their stomach and the kibble is small enough that it doesn’t strangle them. Great ingredients big the price does reflect that!
Fort Edward, NY
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
Orijen Biologically Appropriate Grain-Free Chicken, Turkey & Fish Puppy Dry Dog Food, 4.5 LB uploaded by deb C.
Purchased at: PETCO
This product is wonderful for puppies! It came highly recommend to my husband and myself for our new puppy. It has so many of the ingredients that he needs to help develop his mind and body. He has been very healthy and gets great checks from his vet monthly.
Hanover, MA
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
Tried this food for both of my cocker spaniels. Male and a female, much different ages, but didn’t work for either of them. I think the formula is too rich for them. Didn’t work for us personally!
Port Coquitlam
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
We wanted the best food for our new puppy, so we went straight to Orijen.  We've been feeding sister-brand Acana to our older dog for years, so we knew we could trust the quality of Orijen.  Plus we want to support a Canadian brand.

Cost is my first factor in reducing one star.  The large bag will set you back over $100 once you add taxes.  We only bought when we could find a discount.  The second is we found this food to be almost too rich for our puppy.  She had a lot of diarrhea issues early on, and with our vet we determined that she was getting too much protein from this puppy food.  We've had to be careful how much of it she is eating.

As a dog mom, I love the ingredients, their sources, and the nutritional composition of this food for my pup.

Unfortunately, my pup wasn't as big of a fan of this nutrient-dense kibble. While on this kibble, he went on a few hunger strikes and even displayed some instances of coprophagia, which worried me. Was he getting all of the nutrition he needed?

So after he finished this (pricey) bag of kibble, I switched him back to a grain-inclusive diet and he hasn't thrown any food tantrums, and hasn't attempted to eat his own poo ever since.

While it's probably a stellar product, my dog's just not a fan. Also of note, the kibble has a pretty strong scent.

Brooklyn, NY
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
Wow is it hard to find a good dog food recipe! I'm really picky about what I feed my puppy, and everything seems to be going grain free. That's fine, but usually peas and potatoes are at the top of the ingredients lists of dog foods in place of grains. It took me months to find a dog food that contained protein predominantly derived from animals. This is the best brand I've found anywhere! It's on the pricier side, but it's worth it for a healthy pup.
Irvine, CA
I give this dry food for my pup since the beginning. Ever since I found out about this brand, I never want to change her dry dogfood ever again. Orijen dogfood has many kinds of nutritious food in it including fish, chicken and egg! It has enough protein to support my pup’s growth! Don’t ever think twice about getting this product for your pup! You won’t regret it.

Looking for your answer?