BY ORIGINS #22 in Face Masks

When skin is too-slick or more pressing problems start to pop up, Origins is here to keep skin Out Of Trouble. Super-absorbent Zinc Oxide and Sulfur plus calming Camphor rapidly soak up oily-shine, slough off dead cells and sweep away debris. Together they steer skin clear of slippery situations, refine rough texture and pull the plug on troublemakers to help prevent potential outbursts.

Water\Aqua\Eau , Cetyl Esters , Zinc Oxide , Titanium Dioxide , Cetyl Alcohol , Cetearyl Alcohol , Glycerin , Glyceryl Stearate , Peg-100 Stearate , Camphor , Ceteareth-20 , Salicylic Acid , Colloidal Sulfur , Butylene Glycol , Bentonite , Caprylyl Glycol , Hexylene Glycol , Phenoxyethanol <ILNILN33544>

• Does this help to clear acne?1 Answers
  • I've heard a lot of hype about this mask. Does it really do spect...3 Answers
  • Is this a good mask? I saw it on YouTube earlier and I'm curious ...1 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
  • "I like this mask. It is all natural so my sensitive skin doesn't have a bad reaction to it plus it works. I love Origins! " in 133 reviews
  • "I love Origins skincare line and this mask is one of the best I have ever used." in 1 review
  • "Love the way this face masks feels on your skin, its calming and does wonders in a really quick amount of time." in 1 review
  • "It is a great product for a quick fix but I would not call it a miracle product." in 1 review
  • "You can put it on the day you start to see them flare up and they're gone before the next day." in 1 review
Anna G.
I picked it up because it's one of the cheaper options at Sephora and has great ratings/reviews for the most part. I was also looking for something other than a peroxide or salicylic acid acne product because my skin has become so used to those two treatments, that they're not quite as effective anymore and I've been having bad breakouts recently. This contains zinc oxide and sulfur which are great for acne and a camphor that really helps soothe the skin (think Mario Badescu drying lotion). The only con is that it smells odd, probably because of the sulfur but it's not a bad smell, just not great either. I noticed after leaving it on my face for about 20 minutes, that it really calmed redness and helped dry up the oil on my face, without actually drying my skin. It's almost like a lighter clay mask. Any large pimples I had were reduced in inflammation. It won't magically clear up all of your acne over night, but using it every other night will really help calm the skin and get rid of extra oil and redness that make acne look and spread worse. Solid purchase, great for someone with sensitive skin who needs another alternative to the usual acne fighting ingredients. Really, really love this mask and how quickly you can see results!
Himali B.
Westminster, CO
I bought it recently from Sephora while looking for a good mask for acne & blemishes. Lately I have been getting lot of hormonal acne on my chin & sides of my cheeks. Usual clay masks are way to drying they sometimes tend to aggravate the problem. So wanted a mask which is not to drying but also works good for my acne & blemishes & also calms down the redness. From the first time I applied it I absolutely loved it. The texture is so smooth and creamy unlike other clay masks which do not spread easily on your skin. This mask is creamy mousse like it feels like applying a thick layer of moisturiser on your skin. The smell is little strong but it doesn't bother me much it smells more like strong peppermint .The packet said 10 mins but I kept this mask in my face for around 15 minutes & then washed it with lukewarm water followed by cold water. Once I washed it I immediately saw the results my skin felt cleaner & refreshed. The redness on my skin was reduced too. It didn't irritate my skin or made it dry which is the case with clay masks usually. I recommend this mask & will fldefinitely buy it again.
Sarah M.
I saw great results with this product at first but it was less effective over time. If you have large painful spots that are mostly oil this is a great mask to draw all of that out. It won’t be a miracle worker for all types of acne though It was a lot less effective on smaller white and black heads. If you suffer from cystic acne I would give this a shot and personally would suggest to use this only on areas with an active breakout because it will encourage acne you didn’t know was under the surface to show its face. Sometimes it brings out acne and doesn’t get rid of it which was my biggest complaint with this product. You also need to leave this on much longer than it suggests or it will not be effective.
Evelyn L.
San Diego , CA
I get tiny little breakouts around my chin area, and also have fairly large pores/blackheads so I decided to get this mask. I loved the smell (pepperminty/tea tree-ey) and loved the consistency (Im not a huge fan of sheet masks). First putting it on my face felt sooo cool and refreshing, but after a while it started to dry up, which is normal for most masks. I washed it off with warm water and pat my skin dry. I noticed that my pores looked a little smaller/cleaner. However, the only problem I had with this product was that my face became extremely dry. Like when I opened my mouth, my skin started to crackle a little. But once I moisturized it felt fine!
Abigail C.
Windsor, CO
This is hands-down my favorite mask! Whenever my skin starts feeling a little upset (more oily than usual, inflamed, angry pores, breakouts, etc) I will use this mask - usually at night while I watch Netflix. :) It has a strange texture to it - it’s like a clay/cream hybrid, and even when it’s completely dry it never gets that really tight/cracked feeling that some masks do. I will usually use it once a week or so, and two nights in a row if my face needs it. It calms my skin down in such a gentle way, and balances my oily skin without ever leaving it feeling stripped or tight.

I don’t ever want to be without this mask. Ever.
Jennifer A.
St. Louis
I noticed some positive effects when I first used the mask, but I found that the more I used it, the more irritating it was to my skin. While I love the zinc for calming and the sulfur for clearing my skin, the amount of camphor included is way too irritating and unnecessary in my opinion. There is also a lingering scent of sulfur left on my skin even after rinsing thoroughly. I know that sulfur is inherently a smelly ingredient, but the leftover smell is way too overpowering and unpleasant.
Courtney W.
Keswick
I received this product as a free sample size from Sephora. I didn’t really see a use in it as my skin is usually clear and doesn’t cause me many problems. Lately I have been experiencing some pimple outbreaks on my chin and jawline. I used this mask in that area and my pimples were gone the next day! I don’t think I would purchase the full size as it is kind of pricy but if you are someone who is prone to more frequent outbreaks then I recommend this product.
Helen K.
Chicago
I've been using this mask for a few months now and I will tell you that I fall in love with it. I tried many cosmetic masks, and it turned out to be the most effective for my skin. I have oily and somewhere ploblem areas of my skin. This mask helps to remove redness and swelling of my acne within a couple days. I really like the skin after this mask, it becomes smooth and soft. Would recommend to everyone!
Tayler H.
Richardson , TX
This is a pretty soothing mask, it goes on thick and smells amazing! I am actually working on using up this entire mask (1oz) on my blog and so far I’m enjoying it. I haven’t noticed that big of a difference in my skin yet but it does feel nice to use. I use it longer than the 10 minutes because I have it in my head that it will do more if you have it on longer but it’s nice for those quick times too where you only have 10 minutes.
Edita P.
Middleton, MA
I got a single use (.34 oz) Origins Out of Trouble 10 Minute Mask out of curiosity. It does last 2-3 times, and if you use sparingly, it can last few more times. It has a strong smell and reminds me of eucalyptus, which I don't mind, but I'd prefer a more faint smell. The mask felt nice on the skin, didn't irritate it, washed off easily, left skin soft and nice, and didn't dry it out. I enjoyed using it, but not sure I would repurchase it.
Chiquita C.
When it says "rescues problem skin" does that mean it is effective at drying up pimples? Is it effective at restoring skin to health or does it just make it feel better?
idette a.
Was looking into trying this and just wanted to know if it worked for anyone who uses it?
Abigail S.
Albany, NY
Is this mask good for dry skin??
Abigail J.
Charleston
I'm really interested in this? How good is it at taking care of breakouts? I'd like to test this out!
Alex M.
Massapequa, NY
I've heard a lot of hype about this mask. Does it really do spectacular things for your skin?