BY ORIGINS #10 in Face Masks

What it is:
A two-in-one purifying mask and skin refiner that’s formulated with Canadian willowherb, Persian silk tree, and a potent blend of actives to smooth, refine pores, and boost skin’s overall quality.

What it is formulated to do:
Glow big with this innovative, multitasking mask. Made with Mediterranean rose clay, Canadian willow herb, and exfoliating jojoba beads, it helps gently deep clean while refining skin’s texture. Pores appear to vanish and clarity is restored for a radiant, youthful-looking complexion that’s silky-smooth to the touch.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:

• is this mask any good ?1 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Vera N.
Newark, CA
This product from the Origins Original Skin VoxBox was the one that suits me the most. I usually use clarifying masks 2-3 times a week and have quite a few of them on my vanity simply because I like to switch between different masks since they all work a little bit differently. Original Skin Retexturizing Mask becomes a nice addition to my collection even though I feel that it’s very basic kaolin mask.

I like the ingredients, the consistency and the fact that it doesn’t tighten your face during drying process and also doesn’t dry out the skin. As for consistency, the mask contains jojoba beads that should gently exfoliate your face, but I use a brush to apply masks and a sponge to remove them so I didn’t benefit from this feature. Probably if you wash the mask off with your fingertips using massaging motions you can notice polishing effect but I doubt it since the concentration of the beads is quite low and they’re very gentle itself. I can’t say much about refining effect simply because I don’t have a lot of a texture on my skin, but I don’t see any difference in terms of size of the pores in my T-zone. However my face looks more radiant and my skin tone is more even after using this product.

Overall it’s a decent mask but the price tag is too high for what you get in my opinion. No way I will switch to if from my must-have Origins Out of Trouble 10 Minute Mask.

I received this product complimentary for testing purposes from Influenster in exchange for my honest review.

Elizabeth D.
Knoxville, TN
So, I want to start off by saying a couple things that would make my review make more sense. So I have oily, what I would consider as normal textured, and i'm a 24 year old young professional with a pretty decent diet and exercise. The reason I include these things are because I  sit at a desk all day and I don't have an active work life so the condition of my skin typically stays pretty regular. I use mainly Lush mask/products so any product I use pretty much goes up against those guys. So in all honestly I'm really snotty about mask and skin care.  I used this mask four days straight to give me the best results of an opinion.
So now you know where I'm coming from lets get to the actual product. My first impression of this is it was a pretty good size  for a sample to try. I'd say with the amount I use, which is about 1/2 my face, I could get about 20 uses out of it, which is like great. I applied the mask with a foundation brush because I think when you apply with your fingers you add extra oil to the product and being an oily girl I try to always prevent those things. After applying the mask It did slightly burn. I don't think I have sensitive skin so this was kinda alarming for me. The mask states that  "  Pores appear to vanish. Clarity is restored. Glow is instant."  I'm not sure if my pore appear to vanish. This mask can be a little difficult to remove if you let it sit for to long so on the note of my pore, vanishing didn't really happen. Glowing wasn't really going on either after I got this off because my face was pretty red from getting it off. When it came to clarity, that's where this scored big. I saw a huge improvement in the overall color of my skin after letting it dry from the mask. I wasn't as discolored as I typically am. I would buy this product but maybe not in the full sized because I would have it forever with the amount of mask I have. When it come to reaching for this mask the slight burning sensation might make me pull away from it more than others, but I would keep in my collection when I  might be hitting the before that time of the month area to clean up the redness in my face caused by Mother Nature.
Bottom line, I would buy this. I would recommend this to someone with coloration issues. I trust this brand and trust the reputation they carry along with the pride in their products. I would talk about this to a friend as something I got and liked. Overall 4/5 stars and the reason I didn't five star this is because it does remind me of other things I have used and the slight burning sensation wasn't my exact favorite.

Anna A.
Mt Pleasant, SC
Review for: Original more...
Hearing the word "origins" immediately brings my mind to superhero origin stories. Along the same vein, Origins Original Skin Retexturing Mask (with Rose Clay!) is a hero in its own way, even if it's just for my skin.

I'm susceptible to mild breakouts every once in a while, and my skin is both dry and oily depending on which area you're pointing to on my face. My biggest issue are my pores--they love being the center of attention even when I try to hide them.

In comes the Origins Original Skin Retexturing Mask with Rose Clay (what a mouthful!). It is mildly exfoliating due to the jojoba beads, but so gentle with its combination of Canadian Willowherb, Persian Silk Tree, and Mediterranean Rose Clay. It has a delicate floral scent and he consistency of the mask--not too thin, not too heavy--makes it a pleasure to include in my weekly facials.

Most face masks can dry out my skin like crazy. You know that tight, pulling feeling where you're afraid of making any facial expressions for fear that you'll crack the mask? Not an issue with this. It doesn't feel as harsh--in between the feeling of a typical drying clay mask and a thick face cream--but is definitely effective. My face feels so much smoothr and even looks brighter after using it. I swear my pores even shrink in fear of this mask, causing my blemishes to disappear as well.

I only knocked off a star because of the price, but it's not that bad compared to other high-end skincare products. I'd definitely recommend this for people with combination skin looking to make small improvements pore-, dullness-, and texture-wise.
Melanie M.
Santa Ana, CA
Review for: Original more...
Okay, WOW. If you suffer from enlarged pores and dull skin I recommend this mask. I cannot say enough good things about this mask. I have very large pores around my T-Zone and really dull dry flaky skin around the outer edges of my cheeks and forehead, this mask really helps putting an end to that. It cleans my skin and helps minimize the look of my pores whilst also sloughing off any dead flaky skin that may be dulling my complexion. I wouldn't be caught dead without this mask in my medicine cabinet. Origins Original Skin Retexturing Mask with Rose Clay
Lindsay S.
Oak Harbor, OH
Review for: Original more...
I used this product a few weeks ago, it was a friends.. it made my skin feel amazing but while it was on it gave my skin a burning feeling.. I'm not quite sure if it was because I had done a pretty extensive skin routine right before putting this mask on -- I had washed my face, VIGOROUSLY, I had a laaaaarge amount of makeup on, then had to use makeup remover to scrub the rest of the makeup off, & my skin is not used to that much scrubbing action -- it's a bit pricey (at least for me), but it worked so well.. both my friend & I could immediately see how much better our skin looked.. we used a few Origins products after we took the masks off (serums, moisturizer, eye cream)
Cami H.
Denver, CO
Review for: Original more...
I got the travel size version of this waiting in line to buy stuff at Sephora.... man they have way too many small things I want at register.... and it is amazing. I knew I should’ve just boughten the larger one, but I’m always worried the hype is higher than the quality. HOWEVER, this is the shit. It has little things in the mask to break up that gross stuff on my skin when I’m washing it off and while the mask is on I feel is taking away my gross redness. I’ve seen my pimples go down after using this too!! I don’t want to go into Sephora to buy the big size.... because I’ll find more stuff I want. But trust me I will be getting more
Alyssa G.
Studio City, CA
We all know I’m OBSESSED with masks. I LOVE that I can add this one to my regimen. It has rose clay and we all know clay detoxes your skin, (bye bye dirt at the bottom of your pores!) It also has Jojoba beads, so it has these little beads that help polish and exfoliate your skin. This helps remove dead skin cells so the clay mask can get to work. I think this is what really helps retexturize your skin.

Growing older, my biggest concern has always been pore size and anti-aging. I left this on probably a little bit longer than I needed, but when I washed it off, my skin was PORELESS. I am not kidding. I am fascinated by the results. This is DEFINITELY going to be my new morning pre-filming mask. I cannot say good enough things about it. I typically experience dryness after a clay mask or something so exfoliating and have to pump tons of moisture back in. This left it relatively matte, but my skin felt comfortable, hydrated, not tight and baby smooth. I seriously can’t stop touching my face. If you were here, I would make you touch my face. I am so grateful to have received these complimentary from Influenster and Origins for testing purposes! <3
Edita P.
Middleton , MA
Review for: Original, Original more...
I think Origins Original Skin Retexturizing Mask with Rose Clay was part of mini sized mask set. I've had a sample (or maybe even mini size) of this mask before and I enjoyed it enough to want to use it again. However, after this one I think I've had enough and I will continue trying different masks. There's nothing bad that I could say about this mask, but it's also not a magical product. A little goes a long way, it feels nice on the skin,and doesn't irritate the skin. It also has tiny beads in it, so even after washing it off I could feel some of them on my face when applying other skincare products.
Kristina N.
Thomaston , CT
Review for: Original more...
This is one of my absolute favorite face masks! My skin looks and feels amazing after using this. It is a pretty thick consistency so you only need a thin layer so this is very long lasting. It’s pink in color and lightly floral scented which is enjoyable. It has small jojoba beads that gently exfoliate your skin. You leave on for about ten minutes and rinse off. This makes my skin extremely soft, radiant, and even makes my pores appear minimized. It really leaves your skin feeling so refreshed and beautiful. I definitely recommend this!
Cassie B.
California, MD
This mask is good for exfoliating. Other than that it really irritated my skin. I was using it about twice a week and about 3 weeks in I noticed that it was burning my face, I washed it off an saw that my face was very red and felt very irritated, I even had some raw areas where my skin had been rubbed off too much by the exfoliating factor. When I woke up the raw areas had scabbed over. I had not used any other exfoliating products that day that would have irritated my skin. If you have sensitive skin I would skip this mask.
Amanda R.
W Melbourne, FL
Has anyone with sensitive skin used this product? I want to try it out but my skin is so fickle I worry about ending up being punished for my curiosity...
Valantou K.
Recently tried this and didn't have the best experience with it. After a minute it felt like my skin was burning so I washed it off. Anyone else have a bad experience? Any good experience? Btw I do have sensitive skin so maybe that's a factor which is possible in my case. Thanks!
Erikah O.
York, PA
I've been dying to try this!!! After using this mask did you notice a Difference in your skin? Does this mask help with shrinking pores and even getting rid of texture bumps on your skin?
Lacey G.
Palmdale, CA
Is this good for oily, acne prone skin? I have yet to find face masks, any suggestions??
Mariel L.
Is this mask good with acne prone skin? Or does it cause breakouts?