BY ORIGINS #7 in Face Masks

What it is:
A two-in-one purifying mask and skin refiner that’s formulated with Canadian willowherb, Persian silk tree, and a potent blend of actives to smooth, refine pores, and boost skin’s overall quality.

What it is formulated to do:
Glow big with this innovative, multitasking mask. Made with Mediterranean rose clay, Canadian willow herb, and exfoliating jojoba beads, it helps gently deep clean while refining skin’s texture. Pores appear to vanish and clarity is restored for a radiant, youthful-looking complexion that’s silky-smooth to the touch.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:

Buy on Sephora*
Anna A.
Mt Pleasant, SC
Review for: Original
Hearing the word "origins" immediately brings my mind to superhero origin stories. Along the same vein, Origins Original Skin Retexturing Mask (with Rose Clay!) is a hero in its own way, even if it's just for my skin.

I'm susceptible to mild breakouts every once in a while, and my skin is both dry and oily depending on which area you're pointing to on my face. My biggest issue are my pores--they love being the center of attention even when I try to hide them.

In comes the Origins Original Skin Retexturing Mask with Rose Clay (what a mouthful!). It is mildly exfoliating due to the jojoba beads, but so gentle with its combination of Canadian Willowherb, Persian Silk Tree, and Mediterranean Rose Clay. It has a delicate floral scent and he consistency of the mask--not too thin, not too heavy--makes it a pleasure to include in my weekly facials.

Most face masks can dry out my skin like crazy. You know that tight, pulling feeling where you're afraid of making any facial expressions for fear that you'll crack the mask? Not an issue with this. It doesn't feel as harsh--in between the feeling of a typical drying clay mask and a thick face cream--but is definitely effective. My face feels so much smoothr and even looks brighter after using it. I swear my pores even shrink in fear of this mask, causing my blemishes to disappear as well.

I only knocked off a star because of the price, but it's not that bad compared to other high-end skincare products. I'd definitely recommend this for people with combination skin looking to make small improvements pore-, dullness-, and texture-wise.
Elizabeth D.
Knoxville, TN
So, I want to start off by saying a couple things that would make my review make more sense. So I have oily, what I would consider as normal textured, and i'm a 24 year old young professional with a pretty decent diet and exercise. The reason I include these things are because I  sit at a desk all day and I don't have an active work life so the condition of my skin typically stays pretty regular. I use mainly Lush mask/products so any product I use pretty much goes up against those guys. So in all honestly I'm really snotty about mask and skin care.  I used this mask four days straight to give me the best results of an opinion.
So now you know where I'm coming from lets get to the actual product. My first impression of this is it was a pretty good size  for a sample to try. I'd say with the amount I use, which is about 1/2 my face, I could get about 20 uses out of it, which is like great. I applied the mask with a foundation brush because I think when you apply with your fingers you add extra oil to the product and being an oily girl I try to always prevent those things. After applying the mask It did slightly burn. I don't think I have sensitive skin so this was kinda alarming for me. The mask states that  "  Pores appear to vanish. Clarity is restored. Glow is instant."  I'm not sure if my pore appear to vanish. This mask can be a little difficult to remove if you let it sit for to long so on the note of my pore, vanishing didn't really happen. Glowing wasn't really going on either after I got this off because my face was pretty red from getting it off. When it came to clarity, that's where this scored big. I saw a huge improvement in the overall color of my skin after letting it dry from the mask. I wasn't as discolored as I typically am. I would buy this product but maybe not in the full sized because I would have it forever with the amount of mask I have. When it come to reaching for this mask the slight burning sensation might make me pull away from it more than others, but I would keep in my collection when I  might be hitting the before that time of the month area to clean up the redness in my face caused by Mother Nature.
Bottom line, I would buy this. I would recommend this to someone with coloration issues. I trust this brand and trust the reputation they carry along with the pride in their products. I would talk about this to a friend as something I got and liked. Overall 4/5 stars and the reason I didn't five star this is because it does remind me of other things I have used and the slight burning sensation wasn't my exact favorite.

Vera N.
Newark, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
This product from the Origins Original Skin VoxBox was the one that suits me the most. I usually use clarifying masks 2-3 times a week and have quite a few of them on my vanity simply because I like to switch between different masks since they all work a little bit differently. Original Skin Retexturizing Mask becomes a nice addition to my collection even though I feel that it’s very basic kaolin mask.

I like the ingredients, the consistency and the fact that it doesn’t tighten your face during drying process and also doesn’t dry out the skin. As for consistency, the mask contains jojoba beads that should gently exfoliate your face, but I use a brush to apply masks and a sponge to remove them so I didn’t benefit from this feature. Probably if you wash the mask off with your fingertips using massaging motions you can notice polishing effect but I doubt it since the concentration of the beads is quite low and they’re very gentle itself. I can’t say much about refining effect simply because I don’t have a lot of a texture on my skin, but I don’t see any difference in terms of size of the pores in my T-zone. However my face looks more radiant and my skin tone is more even after using this product.

Overall it’s a decent mask but the price tag is too high for what you get in my opinion. No way I will switch to if from my must-have Origins Out of Trouble 10 Minute Mask.

I received this product complimentary for testing purposes from Influenster in exchange for my honest review.

Jennifer E.
Goshen, IN
Beauty Junkie Expert
I just used this again tonight after not using it for a few weeks as I had forgotten I had it. Tomorrow afternoon I’m having my eyebrows microbladed & I’m not supposed to use any masks or exfoliants near my new “brows” for a little while so I wanted to give myself a good facial prior to my appointment. I forgot until tonight how much I absolutely LOVE this product. This was the very first thing I used on my face before doing anything else & upon removing it, my face was so smooth it was almost unreal. In fact, I think it took me not using this for a few weeks to see how much of a difference it actually makes in my skincare routine. I use a lot of different products, mostly high end, so I tend to bounce around between several products which is why I forgot about this one. While this is a high end brand, this product is more affordable than some of the others I’ve used in the past & this just goes to show that the highest price tag doesn’t always give you the best results. If my face feels like this after one use when I haven’t used it in almost a month, imagine using this twice a week for a month! I feel like buying a bottle of this is only a fraction of the cost of a good facial & it makes my skin feel the same. This stuff is worth every penny! Thank you so much Influenster for sending me this product to review!
Alyssa G.
Studio City, CA
We all know I’m OBSESSED with masks. I LOVE that I can add this one to my regimen. It has rose clay and we all know clay detoxes your skin, (bye bye dirt at the bottom of your pores!) It also has Jojoba beads, so it has these little beads that help polish and exfoliate your skin. This helps remove dead skin cells so the clay mask can get to work. I think this is what really helps retexturize your skin.

Growing older, my biggest concern has always been pore size and anti-aging. I left this on probably a little bit longer than I needed, but when I washed it off, my skin was PORELESS. I am not kidding. I am fascinated by the results. This is DEFINITELY going to be my new morning pre-filming mask. I cannot say good enough things about it. I typically experience dryness after a clay mask or something so exfoliating and have to pump tons of moisture back in. This left it relatively matte, but my skin felt comfortable, hydrated, not tight and baby smooth. I seriously can’t stop touching my face. If you were here, I would make you touch my face. I am so grateful to have received these complimentary from Influenster and Origins for testing purposes! <3
Sara-Catherine F.
Tupelo, MS
Review for: Original
I got a sample size complimentary in my Origins Voxbox. This mask is amazing. The scent isn't too overpowering and it's extremely gentle. The mask comes out a light pink And dries in about 15-20 minutes. I used a warm rag to was it from my fave. After I applied the mask I noticed my skin was red and patchy so I freaked for a second but it cleared up pretty fast. Once it was cleared up i was able to focus on how baby soft my face felt. I went and looked in the mirror and my skin definitely looked more even and all redness was gone. My face looked smoother, brighter, and helped my foundation apply flawlessly. I have already purchased a full size mask. It replaced my City Block mask by Clinique. I'm in love.
Quest F.
Jersey City, NJ
I got a deluxe sample size of this from a friend. 🌷Claims: Made with Mediterranean rose clay, Canadian willow bark and exfoliating jojoba beads, it helps gently deep clean and refine skin's texture. Pores appear to vanish, skin clarity is restored and the glow is instant. 🌷Packaging: This comes in a baby pink tube, love the color and the functional tube packaging for the mask 🌷Consistency / Fragrance: cream consistency and smells fresh, nothing strong. I did not mind the fragrance. 🌷Results: I used this mask post cleansing. The mask was super easy to apply, though thick it spreads easily. The exfoliating jojoba beads are not abrasive. While applying or taking off it did not bother my skin. I felt no tingling post application. I left it on for 15 minutes and it had completely dried. Not dry to the extent of being uncomfortable. On washing off, my skin was smooth and clean. It did not look as dull as it did before. I like that this is travel friendly, easy to apply, just takes 10 mins and despite of being a clay mask did not dry my skin. I will continue to use this and watch out for results overtime
Mari L.
houston, texas
this product is so amazing and does exactly what it says!! i have dry, but textured skin (not really acne, it's more like dry bumps all over my face). i received a free sample of this product and tested it out with my sisters and it worked amazing!! first off it smells really good, it's a noce rosy smell, but not too overpowering, and the color is a really soft pink. i kept this on my face for an episode of my show, and when i rinsed it off the tiny beads exfoliated my face. after my skin felt really smooth and there was a lot less dry bumps, and my sisters who have oily, acne prone skin said their skin felt smoother too!! this product is amazing amd i will definitely be purchasing the full size!
Mo K.
New York , NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
I didn't think I was going to like this mask because I typically don't go for rose products or ones that enhance radiance. However, after my first use of this  Origins Original Skin Retexturing Mask with Rose Clay I was pleasantly surprised! It goes on wet and dries like a typical clay mask. I have oily skin, so I only applied this to my T-zone and enjoyed the results! My skin was definitely refreshed and looked and felt super smooth; especially my forehead where I have a lot of texture. After one use I wouldn't say my pores vanished, but my face did appear smoother overall.

After I washed this off, my face felt a tad dry and tight, but not so much that I felt like I needed to immediately apply moisturizer. However, if you have dry skin I don't think you'd like this, as my face did feel dry after using. There was also no radiant or glowy affect for me. While my skin looked nice, I wouldn't say it glowed or it was radiant.

If you have oily skin you should definitely try this!
Jasmine S.
Wichita Falls , TX
Review for: Original
I have combination skin so when I first tried this it made my face really dry. It might have been because I placed it out bare face.. so the next couple times I tried it, I put water on my face before applying the mask and I think that helped with it not be so dry. In some spots my face was still dry (not as dry as the first time) but I just added moisturizer to fix that problem. I do like he smell of this product as well, it's almost like an orange citrusy smell.
Amanda R.
W Melbourne, FL
Has anyone with sensitive skin used this product? I want to try it out but my skin is so fickle I worry about ending up being punished for my curiosity...
Valantou K.
Recently tried this and didn't have the best experience with it. After a minute it felt like my skin was burning so I washed it off. Anyone else have a bad experience? Any good experience? Btw I do have sensitive skin so maybe that's a factor which is possible in my case. Thanks!
Erikah O.
York, PA
I've been dying to try this!!! After using this mask did you notice a Difference in your skin? Does this mask help with shrinking pores and even getting rid of texture bumps on your skin?
Lacey G.
Palmdale, CA
Is this good for oily, acne prone skin? I have yet to find face masks, any suggestions??
Mariel L.
Is this mask good with acne prone skin? Or does it cause breakouts?