BY ORIGINS

What it is:
A two-in-one purifying mask and skin refiner that’s formulated with Canadian willowherb, Persian silk tree, and a potent blend of actives to smooth, refine pores, and boost skin’s overall quality.

What it is formulated to do:
Glow big with this innovative, multitasking mask. Made with Mediterranean rose clay, Canadian willow herb, and exfoliating jojoba beads, it helps gently deep clean while refining skin’s texture. Pores appear to vanish and clarity is restored for a radiant, youthful-looking complexion that’s silky-smooth to the touch.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:

• Is this good for oily, acne prone skin? I have yet to find face m...4 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Julie V.
Julie V.
Hearing the word "origins" immediately brings my mind to superhero origin stories. Along the same vein, Origins Original Skin Retexturing Mask (with Rose Clay!) is a hero in its own way, even if it's just for my skin.

I'm susceptible to mild breakouts every once in a while, and my skin is both dry and oily depending on which area you're pointing to on my face. My biggest issue are my pores--they love being the center of attention even when I try to hide them.

In comes the Origins Original Skin Retexturing Mask with Rose Clay (what a mouthful!). It is mildly exfoliating due to the jojoba beads, but so gentle with its combination of Canadian Willowherb, Persian Silk Tree, and Mediterranean Rose Clay. It has a delicate floral scent and he consistency of the mask--not too thin, not too heavy--makes it a pleasure to include in my weekly facials.

Most face masks can dry out my skin like crazy. You know that tight, pulling feeling where you're afraid of making any facial expressions for fear that you'll crack the mask? Not an issue with this. It doesn't feel as harsh--in between the feeling of a typical drying clay mask and a thick face cream--but is definitely effective. My face feels so much smoothr and even looks brighter after using it. I swear my pores even shrink in fear of this mask, causing my blemishes to disappear as well.

I only knocked off a star because of the price, but it's not that bad compared to other high-end skincare products. I'd definitely recommend this for people with combination skin looking to make small improvements pore-, dullness-, and texture-wise.
Agenthani S.
Agenthani S.
I love using this mask for when my nose has clogged pores and on the middle of my forehead. I use this about twice a week if I have time or just once. I really love that this mask as it's drying down doesn't give that dry, tight feeling that other masks can give.
This mask really does what it says, I feel that it really helps to not only get the gunk out of my pores, but it also helps to make my pores diminish in size! I feel that the clay ingredient in this mask also helps decrease the oil production that my T-zone tends to give.
I took off a star because it's not the easiest mask to wipe off in my opinion. First time I used it, it took forever to wipe away the product with my hands, which I have no issue doing with my other clay masks. So, now I use a damp washcloth to wipe it away.
I also don't like that they don't offer a smaller size such as a 1 oz, the 0.34 oz is too small. Since I don't use a lot of product when I use this mask, I'm afraid that it'll expire/go bad before I use even half of it. I own the full size.
Other than that, I do recommend this mask to anyone who's looking for a mask to not only deep clean pores, but also diminish them.
Ashley K.
Ashley K.
Honolulu, HI
This is one of the best masks that I've tried yet. It smells great, doesn't smell like harsh chemicals. I usually use this mask once per week, usually Wednesdays, a midweek mask is the best!! Great to get your face back after using makeup or sweating like crazy from work or working out. Apply to clean face. Leave on for about 10 minutes, sometimes I leave it on a little longer. Using a clean flat makeup brush to apply is a good idea cause it can get a little messy. I usually clean my face before showering at night, removing all makeup with a gentle cleanser like cetaphil and or garnier microcellar water, apply mask then after 10 to 15 minutes I get in the shower to rinse off. I have sensitive skin and it hasn't irritated my skin yet, really makes my pores feel smaller and face feel super clean.
Sora Z.
Sora Z.
This mask contains Mediterranean rose clay, Canadian willow herb, and Persian silk tree to draw impurities from the skin and make pores appear smaller. It's a cute pink color, and has little to no fragrance at all. There are little jojoba beads in it that give a mild exfoliation as you apply and wash off.

While this mask did make my skin look more radiant and feel smoother, it was also quite drying (as clay masks tend to be). I find that applying toner/moisturizer immediately after washing off helps with the dryness. I use clay masks infrequently, and only when I need a deep cleanse, but I would definitely reach for this one again!
Liz S.
Liz S.
Deerfield Bch, FL
OMG! This is one of my absolute favorite masks that I've ever used. I got it as a sample from a Sephora order and used it for the first time about a week ago and it blew me away. I have combination skin, with an oily t-zone and I hate how large my pores seem to me. I used this mask and left it on for about 15-20 minutes. It definitely left my face feeling silky soft, took away some redness, and I swear that it has helped with the appearance of my pores. I also notice that I haven't been as oily the past few days which has been nice. I've already ordered a full size of this mask and should be getting it today or tomorrow.
Abigail S.
Abigail S.
Bedford, TX
On Black Friday Sephora had this mask at a great price so I figured I'd try it. Holy cow it's one of my very favorite masks I've ever used! While it's on it doesn't give you that burning or itchy feelings some masks do when they dry, and when you wash it off it is textured so it's a very mild exfoliation. My skin looks so fresh and bright after using this I use it in the mornings on days where I don't want to wear face makeup. It is pricey but my skin feels so good I know it's definitely worth it! Another bright side is the color is very light so if some gets stuck in your hair or behind your ear it isn't noticeable
Morgan M.
Morgan M.
San Francisco, CA
I bought the mini one time use at Sephora. A little goes a long way with this. When I done I put it in a ziplock bag and got another 2 uses out of it. I'm not sure if this is because I have dry skin but after I applied the mask it burned. The burning slowly subsided so I kept it on. After I took it off I was shocked to see that I had zero redness or irritation. Besides the burning, I loved the mask. It did what it said it would. My skin was smooth and glowing after. No dry patches left either. My skin did feel dehydrated but nothing some lotion can't fix. Although I did have burning, I've continued to use it!
Hayley M.
Hayley M.
North Lima, OH
I love the rose smell of this mask but it's a bit harsh for sensitive skin. It cleans out pores really well but because of this, the first couple times of using it you'll notice new zits on your face. I know this is because it's pulling out the dirt out of your pores but it can be frustrating to have to deal with those new breakouts.

Update: The more I've used it, I've really noticed that the texture of my skin has evened out a lot. Push through the pimples from the first use and keep using it because it eventually pulls through and makes your skin feel so much better!
Deb S.
Deb S.
Houston
Origins products are high quality, and this rose clay mask tops my list, and is my go-to mask. It is best for use for dry tired skin. Applying the mask, it has a wonderful gentle true rose scent. It applies easily, and has small microbeads which makes for good exfoliation when removing the mask. It dries in 10-15 minutes, and easily washes off with a sponge, washcloth, etc. Skin is left radiant, soft, and light. This is my go-to mask, and I use it weekly. Absolutely a 5/5 product for someone with dry skin who has difficulty with other masks being to stripping.
Allana T.
Allana T.
Just like the serum from the same line, I'm obsessed with this mask. Origins really hit it out of the park with the Original Skin products. I love how this mask feels when you apply it, as well as when it dries. And I appreciate that it doesn't leave my skin feeling parched after I wash it off. My skin's texture has improved since I started using it, and I also see a difference in the fading of my acne scars. My skin just looks...healthier, overall. Smoother and with a glow. Trust me when I say you need to go out to Sephora and grab this ASAP.
Amanda R.
Amanda R.
W Melbourne, FL
Has anyone with sensitive skin used this product? I want to try it out but my skin is so fickle I worry about ending up being punished for my curiosity...
Valantou K.
Valantou K.
Recently tried this and didn't have the best experience with it. After a minute it felt like my skin was burning so I washed it off. Anyone else have a bad experience? Any good experience? Btw I do have sensitive skin so maybe that's a factor which is possible in my case. Thanks!
Erikah O.
Erikah O.
York, PA
I've been dying to try this!!! After using this mask did you notice a Difference in your skin? Does this mask help with shrinking pores and even getting rid of texture bumps on your skin?
Mariel L.
Mariel L.
Is this mask good with acne prone skin? Or does it cause breakouts?
Lacey G.
Lacey G.
Palmdale, CA
Is this good for oily, acne prone skin? I have yet to find face masks, any suggestions??