BY ORIGINS

Origins Original Skin Retexturing Mask with Rose Clay, 3.4 oz Beauty Shop by Category - Skin Care

Buy on Sephora*
Julie V.
Julie V.
Hearing the word "origins" immediately brings my mind to superhero origin stories. Along the same vein, Origins Original Skin Retexturing Mask (with Rose Clay!) is a hero in its own way, even if it's just for my skin.

I'm susceptible to mild breakouts every once in a while, and my skin is both dry and oily depending on which area you're pointing to on my face. My biggest issue are my pores--they love being the center of attention even when I try to hide them.

In comes the Origins Original Skin Retexturing Mask with Rose Clay (what a mouthful!). It is mildly exfoliating due to the jojoba beads, but so gentle with its combination of Canadian Willowherb, Persian Silk Tree, and Mediterranean Rose Clay. It has a delicate floral scent and he consistency of the mask--not too thin, not too heavy--makes it a pleasure to include in my weekly facials.

Most face masks can dry out my skin like crazy. You know that tight, pulling feeling where you're afraid of making any facial expressions for fear that you'll crack the mask? Not an issue with this. It doesn't feel as harsh--in between the feeling of a typical drying clay mask and a thick face cream--but is definitely effective. My face feels so much smoothr and even looks brighter after using it. I swear my pores even shrink in fear of this mask, causing my blemishes to disappear as well.

I only knocked off a star because of the price, but it's not that bad compared to other high-end skincare products. I'd definitely recommend this for people with combination skin looking to make small improvements pore-, dullness-, and texture-wise.
Agenthani S.
Agenthani S.
I love using this mask for when my nose has clogged pores and on the middle of my forehead. I use this about twice a week if I have time or just once. I really love that this mask as it's drying down doesn't give that dry, tight feeling that other masks can give.
This mask really does what it says, I feel that it really helps to not only get the gunk out of my pores, but it also helps to make my pores diminish in size! I feel that the clay ingredient in this mask also helps decrease the oil production that my T-zone tends to give.
I took off a star because it's not the easiest mask to wipe off in my opinion. First time I used it, it took forever to wipe away the product with my hands, which I have no issue doing with my other clay masks. So, now I use a damp washcloth to wipe it away.
I also don't like that they don't offer a smaller size such as a 1 oz, the 0.34 oz is too small. Since I don't use a lot of product when I use this mask, I'm afraid that it'll expire/go bad before I use even half of it. I own the full size.
Other than that, I do recommend this mask to anyone who's looking for a mask to not only deep clean pores, but also diminish them.
Ashley M.
Ashley M.
Edison, NJ
So my skin has been acting up lately - from pimples to discoloration to dullness. I ran into Sephora and asked the skin specialist for a mask I could use to address this issues. She recommended this to me because it is a clay mask that is supposed to lift all the dirt and impurities from your pores and brighten to help even out discoloration.

It comparison to all the other face masks out there it is also very affordable. 26 bucks- not quite sure how many uses you get out of the bottle yet but will update you all.

The clay smells like roses and is pink in color. I had no tingling sensation occur during my application. When it dries your face is stiff. When you wash it off it simultaneously exfoliates your skin. After I use this product my skin feels very soft. I haven't noticed any other changes in my skin, but will keep you all posted as I have only used it twice, the first time three days ago and now today as I am writing this post I am waiting for it to dry!
Ashley K.
Ashley K.
Honolulu, HI
This is one of the best masks that I've tried yet. It smells great, doesn't smell like harsh chemicals. I usually use this mask once per week, usually Wednesdays, a midweek mask is the best!! Great to get your face back after using makeup or sweating like crazy from work or working out. Apply to clean face. Leave on for about 10 minutes, sometimes I leave it on a little longer. Using a clean flat makeup brush to apply is a good idea cause it can get a little messy. I usually clean my face before showering at night, removing all makeup with a gentle cleanser like cetaphil and or garnier microcellar water, apply mask then after 10 to 15 minutes I get in the shower to rinse off. I have sensitive skin and it hasn't irritated my skin yet, really makes my pores feel smaller and face feel super clean.
Kelly D.
Kelly D.
This mask is wonderful! It's what I hoped the @glamglowmud youthmud tinglexfoliate treatment mask would be. My face feels very soft and clean after use. The clarifying and the exfoliation of the mask was effective but in no way harsh - no tingling, stinging or burning involved like ive read that the glamglow can on some people. The exfoliation beads were very even and gentle, not rough, but absolutely effective in getting every bit of dead skin off for me. Has a pleasant delicate rose scent, and as someone sensitive to scents due to migraines I had zero problems using this mask. Very impressed with this mask, especially the price, and will for sure continue to use!
Desiree T.
Desiree T.
Antelope, CA
I've yet to find a product from Origins that I didn't like. This mask is amazing. I'm a sucker for anything with rose in it. This mask has rose infused Mediterranean clay, willow herb, and jojoba beads, to exfoliate. If you look at the ingredients, there's also grapefruit oil, which may cause a slight tingling sensation that goes away (with my sensitive skin) a minute after applying. This mask is completely dry by the ten minute mark, so it makes a quick addition to any beauty routine. I tend to use this whenever my skin is a bit lack luster and when my pores can use a bit of cleansing. You can knock out a few birds with one stone using this mask.
Abigail S.
Abigail S.
Bedford, TX
On Black Friday Sephora had this mask at a great price so I figured I'd try it. Holy cow it's one of my very favorite masks I've ever used! While it's on it doesn't give you that burning or itchy feelings some masks do when they dry, and when you wash it off it is textured so it's a very mild exfoliation. My skin looks so fresh and bright after using this I use it in the mornings on days where I don't want to wear face makeup. It is pricey but my skin feels so good I know it's definitely worth it! Another bright side is the color is very light so if some gets stuck in your hair or behind your ear it isn't noticeable
Abby Y.
Abby Y.
If there is one thing that origins knows how to do, it's masks. I bought this mask to aid in the evening of my skin tone and texture. The mask itself is gritty in texture, pink in color, and rose scented - this combination makes for a a perfectly therapeutic pamper session. This mask claims to vanish pores, re-texturize skin, and develop radiance. While I didn't experience all of those effects after one use, I believe if used regularly there is a high chance to reap those benefits.
Cat C.
Cat C.
Orlando, FL
This is a great face mask. It's easy to apply, smells great. Definitely surpassed my expectations. It's not harsh at all. Great packaging. After you apply this to your face it hardens, you wash it off and it has microbeads that exfoliates your face. Leaving nothing but smooth glowing supple skin. I highly recommend this. I would buy it again. Use it once a month because I have sensitive skin but I've seen others use this once a week, it's just about your preference.
Kristi L.
Kristi L.
Merced , CA
This stuff is great! I originally got a sample from Sephora and after trying I immediately ran out and got the full size. It has a lovely rose scent and a pretty light pink color (I'm girly what can I say 😉). It dries on your face and it has these little beads in it that help to exfoliate your skin when you wash it off. I will say the mask itself is a pain to wash off but it's worth it cause it leaves your skin so radiant and soft. Love this and will repurchase.
Valantou K.
Valantou K.
Recently tried this and didn't have the best experience with it. After a minute it felt like my skin was burning so I washed it off. Anyone else have a bad experience? Any good experience? Btw I do have sensitive skin so maybe that's a factor which is possible in my case. Thanks!
Amanda R.
Amanda R.
W Melbourne, FL
Has anyone with sensitive skin used this product? I want to try it out but my skin is so fickle I worry about ending up being punished for my curiosity...
Erikah O.
Erikah O.
York, PA
I've been dying to try this!!! After using this mask did you notice a Difference in your skin? Does this mask help with shrinking pores and even getting rid of texture bumps on your skin?
Mariel L.
Mariel L.
Is this mask good with acne prone skin? Or does it cause breakouts?
Bint A.
Bint A.
How has this mask helped you with texturized skin? Do you recommend any other product to get smoother skin?