BY ORIGINS #18 in Face Serums

What it is:
A renewal serum designed to restore the glow of younger skin.

What it is formulated to do:
For many women transitioning from their twenties to their thirties, they notice that their skin doesn’t recover from the late nights, stress, and sun as it once did. Renew your complexion with Origins Original Skin™ Renewal Serum, a super-serum that helps the skin look fresher, brighter, and smoother while it minimizes the appearance of imperfections. Formulated with Canadian willowherb, Persian silk tree, and a potent blend of actives to support smooth, refined pores and boost skin’s overall quality, it features a blend of optics that help soften and blur the appearance of pores and imperfections, leaving skin looking healthy and glowing.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Phthalates

What else you need to know:
This product is free of synthetic fragrance and synthetic dyes, petro-chemicals, GMOs, and triclosan.

• Anyone use this who has dry skin? My skin is somewhat dry and thi...2 Answers
  • When using this product is this an all day wear? Or night time on...4 Answers
  • Why is this item more expensive here then it is in stores?1 Answers
Buy on Sephora
Alyssa G.
Studio City, CA
I’ve been naughty and haven’t incorporated a serum (or toner) into my nightly routine in a very long time. I applied this and let it sink in for about ten minutes. I am really looking forward to seeing the end results of using this long term combined with the mask and moisturizer. The morning I woke up (after only 5 hours of sleep :\ which is realistic if I have a 5:30 a.m. call time, I was loving what I saw. My skin, I am telling you is so smooth and soft. I definitely think the three combined really helped resurface my skin. I swear.

According to the Origins website, the serum helps “restore glow 5 ways:
#1: De-stress. Persian Silk Tree helps skin rebound.
#2: Smooth roughness. Chestnut Seed Extract refines texture.
#3: Delete dullness. Willowherb restores glow.
#4: Shrink pores. Algae helps reduce oil to help them appear to vanish.
#5: Minimize flaws. Blurs imperfections.”

I have to say, I agree with everything it claims to do. I feel like it literally dissolved my forehead concerns. My forehead I’ve always been insecure about because I feel it has so much texture (I’m crazy, I know). But it’s so smooth!! My skin this morning is just radiant, I’m not wearing any foundation, just eye shadow and concealer and a cream blush and my skin is just, I don’t want to say perfect… but it kind of is. I definitely have a radiant glow, not only my skin but in my confidence! And I can definitely see how it minimizes and blurs out flaws. I can’t wait for it to get to work on the pimple I just extracted. Don’t worry, I waited while my skin as warm post-shower and used a tool, I hope it helps with the inflammation and expect it will.
I am so grateful to have received this item complimentary from Influenster and Origins for testing purposes! <3
Stephany K.
pleasanton, CA
For me it all started with the origins face matte moisturizing. I loved that product, and used it religiously at morning and night time for the past month.

Recently, Origins had a store event where they gave free facials and I went there and got a free facial and after that they put the serum on me.

It immediately felt nourishing, refreshing, and softening of the skin. I got the serum, and I have applied it after my moisturizing in the AM and PM time. Really love it because it's lightweight, it does not have that sticky feeling and it helps me achieve glow, radiance, and softness of the skin.

I would definitely recommend it. (It is on the pricey side, but I think skincares if they are good quality will come along with a high end price) otherwise you might not be investing wisely.

Nikki R.
O Fallon, MO
I was lucky to receive This Original Skin renewal serum free in a Vox Box and I cycled it into my daily skin routine.
It gets points because it made my skin feel instantly smooth. It has a silky texture a very light scent. It made my skin matte but not in a powder or dried out way. I really loved how it felt.
I looses some points because after a few uses my skin had a few more breakouts around my chin and jawline than I normally would have, and since this was the only change up to my normal routine I think it made my natural oil factory work a little too much to counter act the serums effect.
I was super bummed out about this because I adore Orgins products and I love some of the other items in this line.
I have super picky skin, so I think normal skin types wouldn't have that same issue I did- so don't let that discourage you.
I will say it was so skin smoothing and softening and I love the scent I wish it was more friendly to my picky skin. It quickly adsorbed into my skin and so I felt like I had to use a lot of the product, but along my nose where my pores are larger I think I noticed a difference where they look smaller- so that was a big bonus!
I am debating if the jaw line breakouts are worth the small pores for me :)
Vera N.
Newark, CA
As well as the cream from the Origins Original Skin line this serum doesn’t give my combo skin enough moisturization and feels very much like primer. However I still can use it with other moisturizing creams on top but this ruins its mattifying features. The scent of the serum is also strong but not so overpowering as cream’s aroma. Still think that this could be a beautiful product for people with oily (and not dehydrated) skin especially as a part of priming routine before applying a makeup.

I took off a star since the serum claims to suit dry, normal and oily skin but it’s definitely not suitable for dry skin and can’t give enough moisturization even for people with normal skin type.

I received this product complimentary for testing purposes from Influenster in exchange for my honest review.

Taylor B.
['Baton Rouge', ''], LA
This serum is so creamy when applied and helps hide my imperfections. I have slightly sensitive skin so this product is a gem. Did not irritate my skin and left a glow. Noticed my pores closed after using for a short period of time after applying after taking a shower! I've realized a lot of individuals blow off skincare products and usually go for the lipstick or highlight you can see. Unless you are reapplying that everyday your bare skin is what you have at any point. So I stepping up my skincare routine to have more of a natural glow and less product on my face. This product has given me a more even complexion and smooth out pores and unevenness. Typically, I would apply more product like foundation but actually fixing the problem has done more in such a short time. Definitely will be purchasing ! Origins Original Skin Renewal Serum with Willowherb, 1 oz
Mayra G.
Denver, CO
I use this as my morning time Serum and love it! I was bummed because I bought it on the origins site for about $40 and literally a day after my package came I found another one the same size at TJ Maxx for like $20! So I have two now lol. This works great to moisturize the skin and minimize texture. I’m 28 with no acne or fine lines so I don’t have many concerns. I do have oily skin, mainly in my t-zone and chin. This layers well under moisturizer, primer, n makeup.
MYRIAM P.
West Chicago, IL
By far my skin and the Origins Pore Perfect Cooling Primer are besties. This product feels so cool and light my skin has not broken out. I'd love to try more of the Origins products!! One thing id like to request is the smell. If that could be improved ill feel better about putting a product that doesn't smell like chemicals.
Karen C.
San Francisco, CA
I purchased the full size product after I finished the travel size from my Origins VoxBox because I saw how the serum improved the radiance of my skin as well as the hydration. This was actually the first serum I incorporated into my skincare routine consistently since I saw such a huge difference. Immediately after use, I felt how smooth it made my skin and can attest that my pores did get smaller! I would 100% recommend this!
Katie D.
Cleveland, OH
This product has changed my skin. I’ve been using it for a few months now and my skin has honestly never looked better. I’ve never understood why people were so obsessed with serums because I’d never used one that made much of an impact, but this one has changed my mind completely. So moisturizing and sinks in so quickly. I used it morning and night. I love it so much. Honestly try it, you won’t regret it!
Courtney T.
Evansville, IN
I received this product free to sample from Influenster in my origins box. I love the way this product moisturizers my skin. It had a very nice smell to it and it make you skin soft, but be careful not to use too much bcuz it can cause and oily feeling to your skin and if it’s sensitive like mine it could cause your skin to break out. So use it in moderation sensitive skin ladies!
Stephanie J.
When using this product is this an all day wear? Or night time only ?
Erikah O.
York, PA
Have you noticed a difference in your skin after using this product?
Erin D.
Laveen, AZ
Would I be able to find this in a Walmart, target or Walgreens? I live close to these stores but am about 40 minutes from anywhere else.
Shanel S.
Lynnwood, WA
I tried a sample and loved the way my face felt but have been reluctant to buy the full size. My worry is that I have combination/oily skin and am not sure of the long term use effects. Does it stay nice and hydrating or does it maintain an oily sheen on your face. Thanks!
Torie P.
Tifton, GA
How effective would you say this is?