BY ORIGINS

• I love origins original skin matte moisturizer with willo...2 Answers
  • Is this good for oily skin?10 Answers
Abi D.
Haworth, NJ
Amazing for my oily girls. This is a great moisturizer, it leaves my skin soft and not dry and dehydrated. It smells so nice, sort of like grapefruit.

This moisturizer leaves my super oily skin matte without taking away any luminosity so you won’t be looking dull.

I like this moisturizer for under makeup since the smoothing helps with application and keeping oils at bay but it’s also nice on its own. I don’t typically use it at night because I don’t mind if I look shiny while I sleep.

This product is kinda pricey for how much you get but it’s lovely.
Annisa D.
Chicago , IL
This product is a summer skincare must have! I'm very skeptical of primers and moisturizer that claim to be matteifiying. Maybe I'm just a fool but I just though those products were gimmicks. However this moisturizer has completely opened my eyes it has been a true godsend for surviving the later part of summer. My skin is combo oily and I tend to look like a real grease ball at the end of the day until this product. I'm truly was shocked at how matte my face was after a long 8hr work day. It's great under makeup and keeps me significantly less greasy. It also has a lovely light weight gel texture that absorbs seamless into the skin. I took one star off because for my skin in particular this might be too drying to use in the winter but like I said before this is a summer must have!
Kara P.
Springfield, NJ
I was so excited to see that I would be receiving this brand and product from Influenster. I've been looking to change up my moisturizer but am always nervous trying new facial products, since my skin is very sensitive. After using it for a few days I can definitely say it is now firmly a part of my skincare routine, morning and night. I am already noticing my face feels softer and more even throughout, not to mention it smells great. The matte finish is excellent, leaving me looking fresh when I don't wear a ton of makeup (which tbh is most days) but also allows for easy application of makeup on the days when I'm feeling fancy. My only complaint is that it doesn't contain SPF, from what I can see on the label.
Farrah Q.
Scranton, PA
I've waited two weeks or so to try this out before finally reviewing. I received a complementary jar of this from Influenster in exchange for my honest review. The box that this came in was true to its "pink" theme and the packaging is clean, feminine and beautiful. I do wish there was a spatula of some sort for hygienic purposes but the jar is just so pretty. You get 1.7 oz of this product which is a decent amount, but I'd say that you have to take about a dime sized amount at least each time.

Initially, when I opened the jar, I was hit with a really strong citrus-flowery scent. I prefer a lighter scent so this smell was too much for me. I was unsure if I wanted to put it on my face because I was afraid that it would linger. I did anyway and the texture of the cream is so light and watery and just melts into the skin and does not leave any residue or greasy feeling. It feels like an even more lightweight version of the Clinique Pep Start Hydroblur, which I love.

Eventually, the smell does dissipate and the more I use the product, the less I mind it. It dries down matte (like it says) which was definitely unique for a moisturizer but my skin doesn't feel dried out per se. I have combination skin on the drier side but I have huge pores and I did actually feel like it smoothed out my skin and reduced my pores.

On it own, the product is best for priming before makeup application in my opinion. If you're using a particularly hydrating foundation or CC cream, it reduces the shininess and the product applies more easily. I used the It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC cream on top and I think it looks more natural and like my real skin with the addition of the moisturizer. I also received a complementary sample of the Serum from the same line and I think it's even better with that before the moisturizer.

In summary, this product is really one of a kind and I was extremely excited to try it. It loses points for the scent (personal preference, I could see some people loving it), that I wouldn't use it on its own because it's not hydrating enough and the lack of a spatula. However, if you want something that feels extremely lightweight, not greasy and just mattifies so quickly for a flawless makeup application, this stuff is great. Will definitely change to 5 stars if they remedy the scent!!

IT Cosmetics® Your Skin But Better™ CC+™ Cream with SPF 50+Origins Original Skin™ Renewal Serum With Willowherb
Mai N.
Lawrenceville, GA
I was definitely confused when I read "Matte Moisturizer". But it definitely does just that! I have very oily skin so this help so much! It starts off moist then instant matte dry! It doesn't dry out my skin, it definitely feels matte and a very fresh feeling on my face. It also smell so good! I will definitely continue to use this before leaving the house or applying makeup! #influenster #discoverorigins #pinkwatercream
Prasanthi K.
Fort Collins , CO
A new favorite gel moisturizer from origins! This gives a matte finish, moisturizing my combo skin type without making my skin look dull/dry during the winter 😊 I have been using this since a week now and I’m loving this so far. It smells amazing- I can smell the rose and the willow herb which are the main ingredients 😁. I have extremely dry skin on the corners of my lips and nose, so I use a little extra product there! This can also be used as a primer for your makeup 😁
Love X.
I love the smell of this moisturizer-- citrus. Yummmm... the texture is gel like. Applies on with a cool touch and smoothly.

I notice my skin looks great in the morning after a rested night with pores being smaller and skin looking clearer and smoother. Compared to using it in the morning and before washing face, nothing great noticed.

Definitely has a matte finish! Great! But something I noticed was it wasn't hydrating enough for my skin. My jaw line/chin was flaking before using this and after couple uses flakes decreased but still there.

Recommend to those with oily, normal skin. At the most minor dry skin. (Extreme dry skin.. borderline eczema.. one wrong move comes the roaring red/itch/scales)
Anjani P.
Pearland , TX
i love it and totally would buy it. it makes my skin feel smooth and is good for the day! i would recommend it to others and its in a nice little packaging.
Dian T.
Wow, not only did I pleasantly surprised by it during my England trip but also, I think I found my go-to moisturizer! This #PinkWaterCream includes willow-herbs thus entry moisturizes my (very) dry and sensitive skin with a  super beautiful matte finish, which I absolutely love because your skin is instantly makeup ready! I've tried so many different forms of facial moisturizers - gel, cream, oil, lotion, you name it - but none of them was absorbed so well as this one!! If you also have dry and sensitive skin or just want to upgrade your skincare for the fall season, I will recommend this for you! By the way, how cute is that pink jar?!
Alyssa C.
Sandusky, Ohio
First of all, I received this as a handoff from a friend who did not like it. The packaging is very cute and simple and is very on brand for origins. It smells very fresh and floral with almost a citrus not to it as well.
When I first put it on, it felt very nice. But as I kept rubbing it into my skin, I felt like a tugging sensation. It dried so fast and made my skin feel immediately dry and gross. I tried to give it the benefit of the doubt and applied my makeup, but it just made my foundation stick to my dry patches so badly. I would stay far, far away from this if you have dry/dehydrated skin or any dry patches.
Ryan S.
Shelby Twp, MI
Is this good for sensitive skin?
Nicole Z.
Is this good for oily skin?
Ruth R.
Is this moisturizer good for oily skin?
Dorjee C.
elmhurst, NY
Would the matifying agent in this product enhance dry patches?
Esma H.
-What skin type do you have? (dry,oily,combo)

Sephora