BY ORIGINS

• I love origins original skin matte moisturizer with willo...2 Answers
  • Is this good for oily skin?10 Answers
Anna H.
Pullman, WA
This is such a great moisturizer and comes in at a medium price range (I think around $34ish so for some maybe a little pricey and others it might be just right!) I was recommended this moisturizer by the lovely lady who helped me out at Sephora (she knew her stuff that one) I was battling with combo skin. Despite ALWAYS having dry skin my whole life, I had suddenly started to struggle with oiliness throughout the day when wearing makeup and had no idea why or what to do. I also started noticing an increase in the texture on my face; these small bumps that would never become pimples and that just would noottt go away. I felt I had a lot of great, high-quality, skin care items... But yet it still seemed something was missing in my routine. Well it appeared what I needed was as simple as just a really good light-weight moisturizer. The lady at Sephora said some moisturizers are too heavy for the skin and ca. cause milia and that oiliness can be caused by dehydrated skin. This moisturizer really has made a noticeable difference since using it religiously, twice daily, for a month. My bumps are not gone completely but I do have quite a lot less. Plus my skin has gotten softer, more hydrated, and produces less oil throughout the day. The product itself smells AMAZING and has a jelly like texture that is very cooling and calming on the skin. I know there are debates about using moisturizers out of jars but I personally don’t care and I make sure my hands are clean first. Once you apply this it *literally* sinks completely in and leaves a matte finish. Your skin feels smooth and soft but not greasy or sticky whatsoever. It feels almost like nothing. Someone with really dry skin that is looking for something heavier may not like this as much because of this. I wanted to add that this goes well under makeup and really makes a good base because of the smooth/matte finish. If you’re struggling with your skin looking oily or just want a super light-weight moisturizer you don’t have to wait to sink in then I think this is a great buy. I’ve discovered a good moisturizer can really make a world of difference in your skin care routine. 💕💕💕
Vera N.
Newark, CA
I love the brand and some of the Origins products are my absolute must-haves that I always have in my skin care routine. However despite some major pros the new Original Skin line is not for me.

I have combination skin and unfortunately Original Skin Matte Moisturizer doesn’t give me enough moisturization especially on the dry areas of my face. If you have dry patches this cream will even emphasize them somehow.

I love the smell which is divine, but strong, so if you’re sensitive to aromas try it before purchasing. Jar itself looks beautiful but I prefer pumps or tubes for hygienic purposes. Texture feels nice but silicon-y at the same time, almost like primer texture, so I believe this product can be a great healthier primer for those with oily skin. And this leads us to the ingredients list: first three are water, dimethicone and alcohol denat. That is not very impressive and makes me think about this cream as a priming product even more. Also, alcohol denat? Not a good ingredient for any skin type.

Nevertheless I believe this could be a great cream for people with oily skin. I asked my husband to try this cream because I couldn’t use it and so couldn’t write a decent review. His skin is dehydrated, oily and problematic with enlarged pores. He tried this product for a couple of weeks and I can see that the cream does a good job in terms of mattifying, but a little bit more moisturization would be nice. No improvement on the skin texture or minimizing pores (even though the product claims those) but his skin tone looks more even after two weeks and no pore clogging was detected. As for me, I probably will give it a try next summer when I need more sebum control during crazy hot California days.

I took off a star since the cream claims to suit dry, normal and oily skin but it’s definitely not suitable for dry skin and can’t give enough moisturization even for people with normal skin type.

I received this product complimentary for testing purposes from Influenster in exchange for my honest review. Origins Original Skin Matte Moisturizer
Carla H.
Hazard, KY
@origins HOLY GRAIL/MUST HAVE
I don’t know how or why I have never heard of @origins Original Skin Matte Moisturizer with Willowherb but I sure wish I had when it first came out! This moisturizer is a holy grail for anyone with OILY SKIN!
FOR: Oily, Normal and Dry Skin
SOLUTIONS: Uneven Skin Tone, Pores, Dullness and Uneven Texture
This moisturizer is a gel and dries down Matte and hydrated and gives the skin a healthy looking glow, not a oily look just a healthy glow. It smells fresh and clean. My skin the next morning is NOT at all as oily as it use to be before using this, even tho everyone needs oil in their face this being a gel to Matte moisturizer it releases the perfect amount of oil you still need on your skin without drying it out! Normally when I use certain moisturizers my face gets more oily and greasy feeling and look. I have been looking for the perfect moisturizer for literally years and I now have found my holy grail! Thank you @origins for making the perfect moisturizer for my oily skin! My skin is so super soft, I can see it helping my pores and uneven skin tone and also I have just the perfect amount of glow to my face.
@origins knocked this out of the park!
🌻Alexis S.
First impressions:

I just put this on, and trust me... I wanted to love it. Normally I use the Origins GinZing™ Energy-Boosting Gel Moisturizer every morning (which I LOVE). But I decided to go out on a whim and purchase the 4-piece willowherb set. Needless to say, as I was applying this it felt very moisturizing and cooling. But as it blended in more, I noticed my skin feeling smooth.. Smooth in the way your lips feel when they are extremely dry (probably because of the many silicones in the product). Right now I am feeling a weird tingling sensation, even though I did a patch test last night and nothing was wrong. In all honesty, this is definitely suited for oily or combo/oily skin, because it really does absorb excess oil and give off a matte appearance! People with combo/dry or dry skin should not purchase this product.

Update: I just looked in the mirror and my nose and forehead are literally peeling lol, very disappointed.
Claudia L.
Ann Arbor, MI
I got this in a VoxBox back in September, last week I ran out of it, and today I received a new one (as you can see in the picture). This product is amazing! I have combination skin and it Is hard to find a product that keeps me moistourized while not making my skin oily. Also, when I first got the product I thought that it was expensive, but after using it for More than six months (a jar lasted that long), it Is definitely Bank for your Buck. It doubles as a primer. I feel my skin is primed and ready for a no makeup makeup look always. In terms of using it as a primer I would describe it as something in between Porefessional (Benefit) and Priming moistourizing (Glossier).
Zoey N.
I'm obsessed with the scent of this! Smells very fresh. Nice gel like texture that feels cool on the skin. My skin is on the oilier side and this moisturizer feels very hydrating without leaving a greasy feeling or giving my face an oil slick look like other products I've used. I love how glowy my face looks after applying and how soft and bouncy it feels. It does it jobs as mattifying my face without drying it. Overall, great product!
Monica W.
Bend, OR
I received this Origins Original Skin Matte Moisurizer free for testing and reviewing from Influenster. The package I received also came with a Day/Night serum and a Clay Mask. They are to be used together as a system. I can't say for certain which product (since I did use them all together), but this stuff no doubt made me breakout. I've been using a food-based, truly organic powder foundation and have not had a breakout in months; I found upon using this that I was experiencing breakouts in areas I didn't used to. I really wanted to love these products as they are so pretty and pink! The matte moisturizer gave a nice tingly feeling but didn't really provide much in the way of moisture surprisingly (I have combination skin and am drier on the cheeks, more oily in the T-zone) although it was EXCELLENT as a primer before applying my powder foundation. Overall I would suggest the use of this to someone that has oily skin; someone that isn't sensitive, and someone that is not prone to breakouts. #pinkwatercream #discoverorigins #influenstervoxbox Origins Original Skin Matte Moisturizer
Samarra H.
I didn’t think it was possible but this is a moisturizer that TRULY has a matte finish. I’m only knocking off one star because it isn’t ideal for all skin types (in my humble opinion). I don’t think I’ll be able to continue using this into the winter because my skin will get flaky and I don’t believe this formula to be hydrating enough. HOWEVER, it is an excellent everyday moisturizer for normal to oily skin,
Alysha M.
I like this Origins Original Skin Matte Moisturizer. To me, it has a nice, mainly flowery smell, sort of like roses, with some woody and fruity undertones. My mom thinks it smells like a combination of light orange and eucalyptus though. Overall, the scent was a bit strong for me, but still tolerable.

Texture wise, the moisturizer is quite smooth, and it feels like a combination between a gel and a lightweight cream. It's also soft, and soothing due to the properties of the Canadian Willowherb.

Once applied, it soaks into your skin very quickly. I think one of the best features of this product is that it doesn't create a shiny/glossy effect.

I don't particularly like the fact that it contains more than 50 ingredients, or that it contains caffeine. However, most of the ingredients in this moisturizer seem to be natural or organic, so that makes me feel a little better about putting it on my skin. Origins Original Skin Matte Moisturizer
Simplistic W.
If you have acne prone, oily, sensitive skin this matte lotion is 100% for you. I’m so unsure when it comes to trying new products but the employee at Sephora recommended this moisturizer and it’s been a game changer in my face routine. I went from never moisturizing my face do to being scared of breaking out but now I have to have it. The smell is amazing it reminds me of grapefruit. An it’s not sticky on the face like some other products!
Ryan S.
Shelby Twp, MI
Is this good for sensitive skin?
Nicole Z.
Is this good for oily skin?
Ruth R.
Is this moisturizer good for oily skin?
Dorjee C.
elmhurst, NY
Would the matifying agent in this product enhance dry patches?
Esma H.
-What skin type do you have? (dry,oily,combo)

Sephora