BY ORIGINS

• I love origins original skin matte moisturizer with willo...2 Answers
  • My face gets REALLY oily on my eyelids and forehead but t...1 Answers
Emily T.
San Jose
Really loving this product so far, it has a rosy water scent to it that reminds me of pink lemonade and I definitely love the matte finish, I would say it feels a lot less sticky and more light weight than other moisturizing products. The only downside to this is that I feel like it may be less hydrating than other moisturizers. I've definitely heard a lot more reviews about this same moisturizer but for the anti-aging and wanted to give this a try, sadly can't compare it to the anti-aging cream yet, but will probably be the next product that I try out.
Vera N.
Newark, CA
I love the brand and some of the Origins products are my absolute must-haves that I always have in my skin care routine. However despite some major pros the new Original Skin line is not for me.

I have combination skin and unfortunately Original Skin Matte Moisturizer doesn’t give me enough moisturization especially on the dry areas of my face. If you have dry patches this cream will even emphasize them somehow.

I love the smell which is divine, but strong, so if you’re sensitive to aromas try it before purchasing. Jar itself looks beautiful but I prefer pumps or tubes for hygienic purposes. Texture feels nice but silicon-y at the same time, almost like primer texture, so I believe this product can be a great healthier primer for those with oily skin. And this leads us to the ingredients list: first three are water, dimethicone and alcohol denat. That is not very impressive and makes me think about this cream as a priming product even more. Also, alcohol denat? Not a good ingredient for any skin type.

Nevertheless I believe this could be a great cream for people with oily skin. I asked my husband to try this cream because I couldn’t use it and so couldn’t write a decent review. His skin is dehydrated, oily and problematic with enlarged pores. He tried this product for a couple of weeks and I can see that the cream does a good job in terms of mattifying, but a little bit more moisturization would be nice. No improvement on the skin texture or minimizing pores (even though the product claims those) but his skin tone looks more even after two weeks and no pore clogging was detected. As for me, I probably will give it a try next summer when I need more sebum control during crazy hot California days.

I took off a star since the cream claims to suit dry, normal and oily skin but it’s definitely not suitable for dry skin and can’t give enough moisturization even for people with normal skin type.

I received this product complimentary for testing purposes from Influenster in exchange for my honest review. Origins Original Skin Matte Moisturizer
Carla H.
Hazard, KY
@origins HOLY GRAIL/MUST HAVE
I don’t know how or why I have never heard of @origins Original Skin Matte Moisturizer with Willowherb but I sure wish I had when it first came out! This moisturizer is a holy grail for anyone with OILY SKIN!
FOR: Oily, Normal and Dry Skin
SOLUTIONS: Uneven Skin Tone, Pores, Dullness and Uneven Texture
This moisturizer is a gel and dries down Matte and hydrated and gives the skin a healthy looking glow, not a oily look just a healthy glow. It smells fresh and clean. My skin the next morning is NOT at all as oily as it use to be before using this, even tho everyone needs oil in their face this being a gel to Matte moisturizer it releases the perfect amount of oil you still need on your skin without drying it out! Normally when I use certain moisturizers my face gets more oily and greasy feeling and look. I have been looking for the perfect moisturizer for literally years and I now have found my holy grail! Thank you @origins for making the perfect moisturizer for my oily skin! My skin is so super soft, I can see it helping my pores and uneven skin tone and also I have just the perfect amount of glow to my face.
@origins knocked this out of the park!
🌻Alexis S.
First impressions:

I just put this on, and trust me... I wanted to love it. Normally I use the Origins GinZing™ Energy-Boosting Gel Moisturizer every morning (which I LOVE). But I decided to go out on a whim and purchase the 4-piece willowherb set. Needless to say, as I was applying this it felt very moisturizing and cooling. But as it blended in more, I noticed my skin feeling smooth.. Smooth in the way your lips feel when they are extremely dry (probably because of the many silicones in the product). Right now I am feeling a weird tingling sensation, even though I did a patch test last night and nothing was wrong. In all honesty, this is definitely suited for oily or combo/oily skin, because it really does absorb excess oil and give off a matte appearance! People with combo/dry or dry skin should not purchase this product.

Update: I just looked in the mirror and my nose and forehead are literally peeling lol, very disappointed.
Mackenzie M.
Mount Laurel, NJ
I love this product! Not only does it smell amazing, but it leaves your skin feeling refreshed and moisturized without any greasiness or heavy feelings. I use this in the morning before putting on my makeup and again at night after I have washed my face. I would definitely rebuy!
Claudia L.
Ann Arbor, MI
I got this in a VoxBox back in September, last week I ran out of it, and today I received a new one (as you can see in the picture). This product is amazing! I have combination skin and it Is hard to find a product that keeps me moistourized while not making my skin oily. Also, when I first got the product I thought that it was expensive, but after using it for More than six months (a jar lasted that long), it Is definitely Bank for your Buck. It doubles as a primer. I feel my skin is primed and ready for a no makeup makeup look always. In terms of using it as a primer I would describe it as something in between Porefessional (Benefit) and Priming moistourizing (Glossier).
Gracie F.
North Augusta
Purchased at: Sephora
Honestly I didn’t see any difference in the “matte-ness” of my skin after using this product continually for several weeks. It smells really nice and moisturizes well, but I’m definitely still on the hunt for a moisturizer that actually helps keep me matte.
Breanna M.
Torrance , CA
I absolutely love this face moisturizer! I would recommend this to anyone with oily skin! This has done wonders for my skin and I will not be using any other daily moisturizer anymore! It's a gel consistency which helps soothe the skin as well!
Brandy H.
Hallettsville, TX
Purchased at: Sephora
This is my go-to moisturizer when I wear makeup. Leaves my skin hydrated, but not oily or shiny. Foundation lays beautiful and evenly. Even when worn alone, it has a slight matifying effect to it. And the scent is sooooo heavenly!! Will repurchase!
Zoey N.
I'm obsessed with the scent of this! Smells very fresh. Nice gel like texture that feels cool on the skin. My skin is on the oilier side and this moisturizer feels very hydrating without leaving a greasy feeling or giving my face an oil slick look like other products I've used. I love how glowy my face looks after applying and how soft and bouncy it feels. It does it jobs as mattifying my face without drying it. Overall, great product!
Ryan S.
Shelby Twp, MI
Is this good for sensitive skin?
Nicole Z.
Is this good for oily skin?
Ruth R.
Is this moisturizer good for oily skin?
Dorjee C.
Elmhurst, NY
Would the matifying agent in this product enhance dry patches?
Esma H.
-What skin type do you have? (dry,oily,combo)

Sephora