BY ORIGINS

• I recently tried this when I went to the mall, and it bri...1 Answers
  • Is this suitable for sensitive skin?1 Answers
  • What moisturizer do you like to pair with this? 3 Answers
C K.
Not a fan of this, mostly because the scent is unpleasant to me. And I’ve found other dermabrasion cleansers to be more effective. This one is too chunky, the bits aren’t fine enough.
Kamri P.
Houston
I’m giving one star because this product actually broke me out bad after one use. I usually can take a scrub with my sensitive skin but this one really gave me red splotches all over.
Vanessa G.
Hialeah, FL
The cleanser is soft and frothy the moment it's out the tube and applied to the skin. It lathers a lot which I wasn't expecting having used several others in this line. I made the mistake the first time using too much product, you only need a small amount. It truly is a gentle exfoliation dermabrasion face wash that isn't drying on your skin. My face feels super clean and soft after using and does not make your skin tight. The only down side is the cost. I would have to use it a few more times to see if it's worth purchasing again.
Ashley T.
Brooklyn, NY
This is a great facial scrub, I got this as a sample from Sephora. After I put it on my face and lather it up; my face feels soo clean & smooth. This is the first scrub I had that didn't have those beads in it. With out the beads, it seems to scrub my face more effectively than other brands. The fragrance isn't the best (It smells excatly like grass). You won't need to follow up with another cleanser. Also, I noticed my acne and acne marks cleared up in a few days. Besides the smell it's a great product to clean & exfoliate your face. :)
Kellie H.
Thornton, CO
I got this in an Origins Favorites pack on Black Friday. I don't find it particularly easy to use as I often have to add more and more product to get it to easily work over the entirety of my skin. But the product itself is pretty gentle and gives me great results so I kind of feel like it makes up for the whole "not sure how much to use" thing. Also another downer is that I had to go to Origins website to figure out how to use it since the little bottle I got in the kit didn't have instructions. So for your reference, it is as follows: -Two to three times a week, squeeze into palms and massage over dry, clean skin in circular motions.  -For sensitive skin, massage over damp skin.  -Add a splash of water and work into a gentle lather. Rinse well. Follow with appropriate tonic.
Aimee E.
New Britain, CT
I first received this as a deluxe sample or gift pack trio, not sure. But it is great stuff. I now have a full size bottle. I no longer use my Clarisonic and I think its because of Modern Friction. You can use as little or as much as you like, more or less often to your taste, in the shower or at the sink, and always feel the affects. I am currently using this 2-3 times a week typically the dry method described on the directions (not wetting the face first). I just do it when I feel i need it, so the frequency will change. After using this my face feels fresh and new. It can feel a tad delicate/sensitive afterward. But not red or scary. And warning it can sting the eyes a bit during rinsing. But this does not stop me from giving it 5 stars. My favorite way to use it is at night and then I put a couple drops of Tarte Maracuja Oil onto my face, as a way to be really nice to that newer skin on the surface. Highly recommend.
Jennifer F.
Ellsworth
The Modern Friction is a paste that you add water to, the little scrubbies are rice grains and they are naturally round so they aren’t poking little holes in your face (this is a real thing cheap exfoliator does) and it gives you a very deep clean so you don’t even have to use it everyday. Bonus: the product contains lemon oil so it brightens your skin. For this reason I “save” my exfoliating for before events like dates and going out.
Katelyn W.
I have been using this product for a really long time. I don't feel like it works as well as other products but I usually use it in the shower after I wash my face as a bonus since sometimes my face could really use that extra exfoliant. It has little balls in the formula that could irritate someone's skin and I wouldn't recommend it to people who have super dry skin because this could make it worse. When I put it on I scrub my face for about 60 seconds then let it sit for another 30 seconds then rinse. I usually rinse with cold water because it can burn it you rinse with hot. Afterwards my face feels really smooth and soft but if I don't moisturize shortly after my face can dry out quickly. All in all I would recommend this product to people who need a little extra exfoliating.
Shawn M.
 This is one of the grittiest scrubs I've ever used but it was gentle and smelled very herbal. It had a sort of basil lemon grass smell. It smells very fresh and was very effective at exfoliating flakes. I saw instant results.  I knew by the gritty texture this would be different than the ones I've used before. A lot of exfoliators out there are ineffective for me. Those little plastic beads don't seem to do anything. Plus I think they're bad for the environment. This is probably the best scrub I've ever used other than the St. Ives apricot scrub which is a good cheap alternative. They bottle will last you a long time. For that reason and the fact it works well, I can say it is a good value.
Kelsea M.
South Amboy, NJ
I love this product it's great for those days where you just feel like you need a good deep clean! It's on the more gentle side of physical exfoliates but still very effective! Unfortunately for me although it's gentle this is not a product I can use every night as it made me super dry when I tried to do so. If there were more moisturizing property's it could be a daily exfoliating cleanser. The packaging is my favorite when it comes to exfoliators it's way easier to squeeze product out then to scoop it out of a jar so a huge thumbs up for that. All in all I genuinely love this product and recommend it for anyone looking for a gentle effective physical exfoliating cleanser!
Melissa A.
Lyndhurst, NJ
What do you love about this product?
Katherine D.
Cincinnati , OH
Angela P.
NEW YORK, NY
Maggi C.
How many times did you need to use it before you saw results?
Kelsey Z.