BY ORIGINS #79 in Serums

Go to the light. This highly concentrated serum is fortified with Dr. Weil's natural light-infusing complex including Rosa roxburghii, White Peony and Licorice. It helps visibly reduce dark spots and correct skin tone. Dull discolored skin begins to return to the light, appears more translucent and luminous. It's spot on for turning spots off.

86% of panelists saw an improvement in their skin tone and a reduction in dark spots.

• When applying this should I just apply it to target areas where I h...2 Answers
  • Will this work on specific spots and not lighten the area around it?1 Answers
  • Will this help brighten my skin as well? 1 Answers
Origins Mega-Bright Dark Spot Correcting Serum
I have been using the Origins Mega-Brighy Dark Spot Correcting Serum for a little more than six months and I LOVE IT!! I have had a history of acne problems and wanted to find a product to help erase some of the dark spots I have from old scaring as well as sun damage, this product has been well worth the investment and I continue to see improvement with each application. This Serum is lightweight and doesn't leave a sticky or greasy residue, so I can include it with my morning skin care routine and it doesn't effect my makeup application and when I apply it at night I don't fall asleep feeling like I have granny cream smeared on my face. This product has helped to even out my skin tone and I feel much more confident in my skin and I love being able to rock a fresh face on the days I choose not to wear makeup at all. I have recommended this product to my sister and my mom, they both have more sensitive, fairer skin than my olive complexion, but the natural ingredients like licorice, white peonies, and vitamin C in the Rosa Roxburghii were still gentle enough for their daily use and they have also seen great results with their skin. I definitely plan to repurchase this product and highly recommend this to anyone trying to erase a less than perfect history from their face.
Alex S.
Alex S.
Danville, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I thought this was a nice product, but not the best I used. While I did definitely see results, I don't think it was the best thing I've used. In the past, I have used prescribed topical creams that have caused mild discoloration. It's barely noticeable, but I'd prefer them to be completely gone. My skin is relatively dry, but can be considered combination at times. On Sephora.com, it said it was suitable for sensitive skin. I didn't break out from the product, so awesome job there. But I felt like it might have dried my skin a tad bit. But nothing too drastic, and it could have been a number of other things as well. I'd also like to mention that this isn't exactly inexpensive, so I was hoping for really life changing and dramatic results. I didn't really get that, even though it did help me. This product wasn't a total miss, so I'm not going to get rid of it, but I don't think I will repurchase it
Danijel P.
Danijel P.
Raleigh, NC
I got this serum as part of a gift offer at Belk. It has to be the smoothst, quickest absorbing serum I have ever tried. It doesn't feel sticky at all like most serums, which I loved. It really feels like a light primer but obviously it's skincare.

It has definitely helped my acne scars. I used to have pretty deep acne and the scars like to stick around a while. After just a few nights of using this, along with the night mask which is also part of the brighter by nature collection layered on top, my acne scars were definitely reduced and the overall tone was improved. The scars themselves were pretty old so I was surprised it was able to lighten them up. I'm sure the synergy of using both products (around $100 together) was part of the reason, but I do recommend this as a serum by itself.
Kelly D.
Kelly D.
Flower Mound, TX
I bought this product with extremely high expectations. I have used many Orgins products before with great success so I had high hopes. I planned to use the entire bottle according to the directions no matter what the results were after the first couple weeks of use, because I knew I needed more than a little work on the spots under my eyes. However, more than halfway through the bottle I was seeing much improvement. I wasn't looking for life changing results, just a little difference that I could I see definitely. The two things that I absolutely love about this product is the smell and the consistency. It smells sooooooo good. And its so silky smooth. LOVE that. But ultimately I probably wouldn't buy again unless I found it on a really good sale.
I was told in my sephora store this was the best stuff out there for correcting dark spots, I've never had any before but saw some dark spots on my forehead from the summer sun and decided to try it. Tried in for 2 weeks morning and night with no change what so ever. When I went to return the girl got really snarky with me saying I had to use it for longer to see results and that there would be no other product out there that would work in 2 weeks. Here's the thing- I didn't see any improvement, I didn't ask for it to be fixed over night, just to see some improvement. She did not want to help me find anything else that work work better because this apparently was the best, HA! This girl was less than helpful to me and very rude...
Divya R.
Divya R.
Camas, WA
This Mega-Bright Serum is seriously my holy grail. I am so in love with it. I received this in a gift bag as a sample and it made such an impact on my skin that I used every single drop I could out of the little package and ran to my Origins store right after I used it all to get the regular size.I had a few dark spots on my cheeks and forehead this little guy thankfully has cleared most of them up in the short time I have been using this product! It applies so easy, it's so moisturizing but not greasy at all. My skin has SUCH a beautiful glow. I get comments on my skin so often now. My skin has NEVER looked better thanks to this! I recommend this to anyone looking for perfect skin!!!
Miranda G.
Miranda G.
Tacoma, WA
This serum seems like it might work better for other skin types then mine. I have medium olive toned skin that isn't super oily or super dry. I didn't have a lot of acne/breakouts as a teenager and still don't today. I can not wash my makeup off my skin every night if I didn't want to and my skin would just get a little oilier. I guess I'm lucky. I got a sample of this skin tone correcting serum and liked the way it felt on my skin. It isn't super heavy or greasy feeling and came in an adorable little bottle as well but it was a SMALL bottle and a little pricey for something that Definitely smelled great but I didn't really have a use for...
Anna X.
Anna X.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Really like this product. I definitely have some skin tone issues and have been trying to correct them throughout my adult life. I got tired of simply heaping on makeup to get an even tone and decided to seek out a permanent solution. This was probably the third product I tried and it seriously worked! I could see a vast improvement in the evenness of my skin tone and it made my skin really soft. I gave four stars, however, because it didn't really work with my complexion. I'm Greek and have naturally oily skin so I stopped using it because it made my skin a little more oily. But if you have normal skin I would 100% recommend it.
Christine S.
Christine S.
Fallston, MD
I'm giving this product 3 stars because I don't feel like it really has done anything as far as correct the tone of my skin. I suffer from acne on my cheeks and I have a lot of scarring and red marks from that. I was hopeful after using this product that my face would look less scared and have a more even color but I really can't see a difference. The good news is that It has a great smell, and I love how it feels on my face! After applying it leaves me feeling very smooth and like my makeup just glides on.
kodie g.
kodie g.
New London , CT
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is an amazing product for me, It's in my everyday routine and will stay there unless they discontinue it like most products I like lol. it's a little on the pricey side but I don't really mind because of how good it actually works and does what it's supposed to unlike a lot of the serums I have used before. I have noticed a huge difference with this one and highly recommend it to all of you! if you haven't tried it and looking for a good tone corrector, put this on your list for a try!!
rocio g.
rocio g.
Does this work for dark spot I have in my cheeks and I hate it. Help please
Esther G.
Esther G.
Worcester, MA
Does this really work? I've been trying to get rid of dark spots/sun spots on my face for years and have tried so many creams and serums.
Ashley N.
Ashley N.
Elmhurst, NY
When applying this should I just apply it to target areas where I have dark circles or is this an all over your face product?
Kelsey H.
Kelsey H.
Rensselaer, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
Does this help with acne spots? I have a few from popping pimples. ( I know, super bad!)
Jonellen M.
Jonellen M.
West Chester, OH
Beauty Junkie Expert
Will this work on specific spots and not lighten the area around it?